Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Carrytel

(ON/Rogers) 75M/150M UNLTD internet $24.99/75M (1st ,12mth)/ [$39.99/150M (1st ,12mth)]NO INSTALL FEE, FREE MODEM RENTAL

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2020 10:35 pm
Jun 14, 2015
48 posts
6 upvotes
does anybody recommend for any promotion going on right now like 75/10 for $24.99 beaide carrytel?Please us know i am looking for internet deals right now.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
Just got an email that my price is increasing by $5 a month starting in April. Still price is very good at $39.99 a month.

Check out my Speedtest result which is almost full speed https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5822643120
May 5, 2007
5834 posts
1677 upvotes
Pr0metheus wrote: Just got an email that my price is increasing by $5 a month starting in April. Still price is very good at $39.99 a month.

Check out my Speedtest result which is almost full speed https://www.speedtest.net/my-result/a/5822643120
Many of us got emails 2-3 weeks back about the increase. I have a couple family members who are on the rfd $35 plan who didn't get the email yet. If you just got yours maybe they will get thier email soon.
Feb 28, 2011
774 posts
732 upvotes
YYZ
Was on $35 RFD plan, just got email bump to $39.99 pricing.
I do not respond to requests that are only for private, one-on-one technical help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate thread where they may help others as well.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2007
1865 posts
1262 upvotes
GTA
Who else is experiencing really slow speeds? I'm only getting speed tests of 7.8Mbps on a 75Mpb line. Not able to stream video without buffering.

From Carrytel's site:

Reported on: March 22, 2020
Network: All of the Network
Location impacted: ON & QC
Symptoms: As due to the coronavirus pandemic makes more people work from home and stream TV shows. Some customers may experience slow speed issue during the peak hour (8:30PM-10:30PM) because of the dramatic increase in usage consumption. Carrytel has sent several urgent upgrade requests to the Primary Providers like Bell, Rogers, Videotron and Cogeco. We are doing our best to upgrade our bandwidth, please be patient and allow us some time to finish the upgrade.
Estimated time of repair: 3 weeks
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
13378 posts
8308 upvotes
Brampton
Even during non-peak hours (WFH hours).
It's like 30/1. I'm on the 100/10 plan. With Crazy ping spikes and connection flapping.
Sep 10, 2018
10 posts
3 upvotes
Just wanna pop in and mention that the 30/1 also affected Teksavvy around that time, so it was likely the full Rogers network (or at least resale). I think they're trying to throttle due to extra demand, because it would be full speeds during non-peak hours.

I can tell you that I work for an online security biz, and we've noticed many ISP's throttling UDP traffic in particular due to the increase in traffic during the quarantine. It might have eased up now a bit as they've likely increased capacity to compensate.
Dec 26, 2010
631 posts
168 upvotes
SW Ontario
Hi, Is this still the best deal?
I am currently on the Fido promotion 150/15 but expires at the end of this month
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
Got an email that we are up to $45 in September because of COVID-19.

Right.

Anyways, I will jump ship if the right plan comes up. I can't even online game 100% because the internet lags. I'm in Scarborough.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
We hope that you are staying safe and well during this tough Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) pandemic period. We are sorry to inform you of the following price change that will be applied to your Carrytel service:
The current monthly fee of your plan Cable Internet 75(ON RFD Promo) is $39.99. From Sep 23,2020, the service monthly fee will be $44.99.

From March 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic drastically changed the lives of Canadians everywhere. To stay safe and to help slow down the spread of the virus, Canadians were confined to their homes to work, study and spend time with loved ones, which resulted in a 50% surge in internet usage. This surge has required us to financially invest in additional network links and capacity since this past March in order to keep our customers' service unaffected. The purchase of this additional network capacity greatly exceeded the level of capacity we were projecting to purchase for the whole year (or even the next two years). Besides the sudden increase in capacity costs that we paid for, our hiring expenses also increased because we had to hire many more employees to keep up with the level of maintenance our network needed and the increase in demand of customer service.

We would like to add that our costs for maintaining customers' internet service have been increasing significantly since a few years ago, well before the COVID-19 pandemic started. Therefore, our growing costs were not only caused by the increase in customer usage during this time, but also by newer technologies, such as 4K streaming, and the increased popularity of video streaming services. This means more bandwidth and lower latency is needed to provide each customer with fast and stable internet service. To meet these higher demands, we made great financial investments and efforts to continuously upgrade and maintain our network equipment and infrastructures.

We believe our investments paid off, as we are ranked one of the fastest ISPs (https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-fastest- ... 019-canada) and best gaming ISPs (https://www.pcmag.com/news/the-best-gam ... anada-2019) for Canada in 2019 according to PC Magazine. In addition, all of our call center agents are hired carefully, trained thoroughly, and are working to their highest efficiency in Canada, to provide quality service in English, French, and Chinese.

We hope that you will understand why a small increase of $5 in your monthly fees will be effective Sep 23,2020. We believe this adjustment is reasonable because our monthly fees will still be 30% lower than the average market price after this change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we truly appreciate your continuous support. We promise to further improve and expand our services to reach new heights in the future.

As always, thank you for choosing Carry Telecom.
Stay safe and well.
Carry Telecom
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)