Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Carrytel

(ON/Rogers) 75M/150M UNLTD internet $24.99/75M (1st ,12mth)/ [$39.99/150M (1st ,12mth)]NO INSTALL FEE, FREE MODEM RENTAL

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 22nd, 2020 10:35 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
How would this compare to Roger 100u package? I'm paying way too much so looking for an alternative
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
blexann wrote: How would this compare to Roger 100u package? I'm paying way too much so looking for an alternative
You have to decide if 75M is enough for you. If you want faster you can get their 150M $49.99. (Probably still cheaper then Rogers 100u?)
http://www.carrytel.ca/internet-plans.aspx
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Sep 27, 2016
73 posts
4 upvotes
Is this a 12 month plan? What does the rate change to after? Can anyone that is with Carrytel speak for it's reliability?
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12347 posts
5403 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: You have to decide if 75M is enough for you. If you want faster you can get their 150M $49.99. (Probably still cheaper then Rogers 100u?)
http://www.carrytel.ca/internet-plans.aspx
thanks yea the 150 would make more sense and I'm paying $90 for 100u with Rogers, they increased it as soon as I cancelled cable. used to be $59 and they kept increasing it until it was over $90 I said enough. They could care less about existing customers.

Would like to know about the reliability of carrytel
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1688 posts
2367 upvotes
Waterloo Region
blexann wrote: ...
I switched from Teksavvy in Feb/March. To tell you the truth, this has been absolutely worth it. Speeds have been consistent even during peak hours and there have only been a couple of incidents of downtime (which were resolved after restarting the router i think. didn't last up to an hour anyways)
So for me, it has been totally worth it. the only thing that would make me switch is if i could get one of those ludicrous Rogers 500gb for 39.99 deals.
Aug 4, 2010
239 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
hatrix wrote: I waited in total of 9+ hours (2 Rogers tech no shows, and the third one the tech showed up in the very last 15 min of the time slot) before someone managed to show up to install. That was extremely frustrating, especially the part where no one called me to tell me that the tech couldn't make it. I waited for longer than the 3 hours in each of the first two appointment time slots. I called carrytel many times and every time all they told me was to wait it out or reschedule. They had no way of contacting the techs or check why no one showed up.

I was almost at the point of canceling, demanding a refund and filing a complaint. Especially that I had to take time off to wait for the tech multiple times.
I think we have to blame the contractors of Rogers. Mine showed up on time. When he saw my cable was cut off when I cancelled my cable service few years ago, he said he had to come back next day. He never came back because he didn't want to do the extra work to connect a cable from the box across the street. I also wasted the time in waiting for him for 2 days. Luckily another contractor came for the second appointment. He didn't run away. He finished his job without complain. The problem is Carrytel has no control of these contractors. We also cannot complain them to Rogers.
Dec 20, 2016
109 posts
147 upvotes
Hk5012 wrote: Is this a 12 month plan? What does the rate change to after? Can anyone that is with Carrytel speak for it's reliability?
I've had it for a few months now and I'm actually surprised at how reliable it is. No outages and I have been able to watch multiple 4k videos on Netflix at the same time (well not just me, other people in my house). It's not a 12 month contract, that is the ongoing price. It's just that this deal also gives the first 3 months free

Edit: I should add that I have had outages but they were not caused by Carrytel. They were due to the local Rogers node going down. Didn't even bother calling Carrytel because I knew they couldn't do anything about it anyway.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
blexann wrote: thanks yea the 150 would make more sense and I'm paying $90 for 100u with Rogers, they increased it as soon as I cancelled cable. used to be $59 and they kept increasing it until it was over $90 I said enough. They could care less about existing customers.

I said it previously on past Carrytel threads.
Carrytel can be just as reliable as Rogers, as long as Rogers plays nice
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
yu203964 wrote: I think we have to blame the contractors of Rogers. Mine showed up on time. When he saw my cable was cut off when I cancelled my cable service few years ago, he said he had to come back next day. He never came back because he didn't want to do the extra work to connect a cable from the box across the street. I also wasted the time in waiting for him for 2 days. Luckily another contractor came for the second appointment. He didn't run away. He finished his job without complain. The problem is Carrytel has no control of these contractors. We also cannot complain them to Rogers.
My Cable outside was damage too, Lucky I got an actual Rogers tech (not contractor). He ran a temporary line for me up onto 3 trees.
and made it nice and secure. (it survived the ice storm, and the Wind storm)
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5738 posts
1457 upvotes
This is an awesome deal. Kind of wish I waited a bit, but happy I got Carrytel sooner.

Acanac Internet 50/10 FTTN $36 24 months; $61 afterwards
Sep 27, 2013
424 posts
520 upvotes
How about current DSL customer wants to switch to this plan? Is it possible? Is it worth it to move from DSL to cable?
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
jmmk77 wrote: How about current DSL customer wants to switch to this plan? Is it possible? Is it worth it to move from DSL to cable?
in the past promos, they allowed their DSL customer to switch over to the Cable promo
worth it or not, it really depends on your area. If many people in your area use cable at same time during peak hours, you will see some slow down
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21245 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
Gboard2 wrote: Carrytel has been around for over 2 years.... Before these guys and others like them, we only had the super expensive teksavvy as alternatives and these guys are forcing others to at least pretend to compete now
Super expensive? Can we just be realistic and say it's between carrytel and super expensive rogers/cogeco?

Also, why are Carrytel's Cogeco area deals so much worse than the Rogers' area?
Rogers area, 150mbps for $50 incl. modem rental.
Cogeco area, 120mbps for $60+$99 model purchase... wtf?
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
May 28, 2018
2 posts
I just registered because of this deal. Love it!

Ontario has the biggest population so we should have more deals like this...competition.

Has anyone here had a bad experience with this?
Mar 14, 2017
539 posts
1216 upvotes
GiOBoY wrote: Darn it, signed up too soon! lol
If you're not on contract, just do it.

I've been with them since March, speeds have been consistent even during the peak 6pm-12am time frame.
always getting 75/10 service; pings are inconsistent though, so not so good for those hardcore gamers :)
Ugh this has been my exact experience as well, disappointed for gaming but great for everything else.
Nov 29, 2003
395 posts
171 upvotes
North York
jmmk77 wrote: How about current DSL customer wants to switch to this plan? Is it possible? Is it worth it to move from DSL to cable?
I pulled the trigger last night since they're giving 3 months free. The speed difference is superior for cable (25/10 for the same cost), but I wasn't willing to deal with the usual roll of the dice with Rogers install techs.

But three months free? Yeah I'll try it out for a month and see.
Jan 13, 2009
458 posts
309 upvotes
Concrete Jungle
Been with them over 6 months when the modem was $99 and mandatory.

This is a very hot deal if you're looking for consistent speeds during peak hours and unlimited bandwidth!!
Apr 25, 2018
211 posts
235 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
GiOBoY wrote: Darn it, signed up too soon! lol
If you're not on contract, just do it.

I've been with them since March, speeds have been consistent even during the peak 6pm-12am time frame.
always getting 75/10 service; pings are inconsistent though, so not so good for those hardcore gamers :)
What pings have you been getting? Will it be good for voip or facetime video calls?
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10593 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
Alligatorclip wrote: What pings have you been getting? Will it be good for voip or facetime video calls?
Pings vary:
  • during non-peak hours I get superb pings (15-25ms)
  • during peak it starts to spike all over the place ranges from (30ms-100ms)

BUT the bandwidth strangely is consistent (always pulling 75/10) no matter what time of day.

So with the bandwidth being unaffected, voip and facetime video calls I would imagine being perfectly fine.
I'm able to stream HD youtube (multiple devices) and spotify while playing Overwatch all at the same time.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Banned
Mar 13, 2018
1385 posts
679 upvotes
engineered wrote: Super expensive? Can we just be realistic and say it's between carrytel and super expensive rogers/cogeco?

Also, why are Carrytel's Cogeco area deals so much worse than the Rogers' area?
Rogers area, 150mbps for $50 incl. modem rental.
Cogeco area, 120mbps for $60+$99 model purchase... wtf?
Teksavvy is around too but their prices are almost same as big boys

Cogeco area is more expensive most likely because they charge higher fees to tpia than Rogers. Makes sense as cogeco likely has higher per customer servicing costs and pass it on