Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Apple Watch Series 3 GPS + Cellular 38mm $289, 42mm - $329

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 12th, 2019 12:05 am
Jan 14, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
neilio wrote: I tried to get this from a Rogers store yesterday. The clerk had said I'd be able to buy the watch outright and get on the $10 monthly data plan, but when he tried to run it though the system he said he couldn't. He called his manager and apparently there's an issue in Rogers system where they can't add the $10 plan to outright purchases - the only way to get the watch is to go on easy pay and pay for 24 months.

(I'm not a Rogers customer at the moment to clarify.)

The guy said his manager said that all stores have this issue and it's something they've been calling head office about for weeks with no resolution.

I'm not sure if this is BS or another typical Rogers technical issue. I may try at a different store.

I just got one from Rogers store yesterday as an outright purchase, i'm also not a customer (have a corp account but it was not valid to use for this) so the clerk just created a new account for me and although it did take 20-30 mins and another staff coming over to help, it finally got done. So just try another store. I tried to get them to remove the $35 activation fee but he said he couldn't, the system won't let him Disappointed Face
Jun 24, 2011
18 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Any luck ?
chir4984 wrote: Went to the Toronto Eaton center Best Buy yesterday. Was rudely denied price match
Reasons
1. We don’t price match Apple products
2. We do not price match with Rogers because
a. They are selling it on installment/finance
3. Even if I get it from Rogers store and show them the receipt they will not price match with Rogers

I bought it anyways and called CSR -a Very polite guy put me on hold for 8-10 minutes and applied the price match. I will post the refund email once I get it (within 24 hours he said)

Am not opening the watch until I get the confirmation email atleast. Personally it’s a great deal if you can PM at Best Buy.
Thanks OP
Jun 24, 2011
18 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
chir4984 wrote: Went to the Toronto Eaton center Best Buy yesterday. Was rudely denied price match
Reasons
1. We don’t price match Apple products
2. We do not price match with Rogers because
a. They are selling it on installment/finance
3. Even if I get it from Rogers store and show them the receipt they will not price match with Rogers

I bought it anyways and called CSR -a Very polite guy put me on hold for 8-10 minutes and applied the price match. I will post the refund email once I get it (within 24 hours he said)

Am not opening the watch until I get the confirmation email atleast. Personally it’s a great deal if you can PM at Best Buy.
Thanks OP
Any luck ?
Feb 28, 2018
42 posts
7 upvotes
Nope. Called after 1 week
They said we don’t price match in store purchases. The csr was a trainee
Returning .
Jul 19, 2009
154 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
Refused at BestBuy citing that the price is dependent on activation and a term commitment. (blah blah - we had many people come and this is the excuse we will give)...

Refused at one rogers store that if I dont have an existing Rogers cellphone plan then I cannot have this deal.

As suggested by a couple folks, I tried another store and voila - she got me the watch.

$(289 + 35 + 10)* 1.13 for atleast 1 month of service and suggested to cancel around the one month mark.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10712 upvotes
Hamilton
neilio wrote: @asrm This was a Rogers store?
Looks like it

$35 for activation
$10 for monthly fee
hated on but respected.
Jul 19, 2009
154 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
It was the Rogers store on Worthington avenue, Brampton. Very helpful representatives!

Please try to just do a general walk in and avoid showing anything from the forum right away. I have noticed that unless you find a helpful rep or if the HO has not asked them to stop it, you should be able to get the deal. if they cannot, then no matter what you show on who got the deal, it just wont work.

In the past I tried showing reddit and RFD post for some deals and was still denied :(.

Good luck.
Jul 22, 2013
105 posts
42 upvotes
Hey all, I just wanted to provide an update. I am currently a Rogers customer and went to 2 different stores. They both said that it's mandatory to buy the watch on a $10/month plan for 24 months, and that if you cancel before that period of time, they would bill you the amount that they discounted. There is no way to buy the watch outright without enrolling in the $10/month plan for 24 months.
Mar 14, 2013
809 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
MrProdigy wrote: Hey all, I just wanted to provide an update. I am currently a Rogers customer and went to 2 different stores. They both said that it's mandatory to buy the watch on a $10/month plan for 24 months, and that if you cancel before that period of time, they would bill you the amount that they discounted. There is no way to buy the watch outright without enrolling in the $10/month plan for 24 months.
This is definitely not true. MTM = no contract lol, there's also no way for them to bill you the difference btw.
Jul 22, 2013
105 posts
42 upvotes
btwitsmatt wrote: This is definitely not true. MTM = no contract lol, there's also no way for them to bill you the difference btw.
If you're already a Rogers customer though through a wireless plan, can't they bill?
Mar 14, 2013
809 posts
948 upvotes
Toronto
MrProdigy wrote: If you're already a Rogers customer though through a wireless plan, can't they bill?
No because the way it's rang through the POS is that you'd pay the $359 upfront in store which includes the discount. The only thing that is billed to your account is the monthly fee and connection fees. If you sign up on the plan to get the watch for $10 and cancel next month they can't charge you more for the watch you've already bought.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4044 posts
8903 upvotes
Vancouver
Does this ever come in sapphire edition? I **** up my watches too often not to have sapphire.
May 14, 2017
168 posts
59 upvotes
went in got myself a 42, paid nothing upfront.
in next bill, you will be paying the 329 tax portion,
plus connection fee, plus the 13/month.
you will get the $10 waived for first 3 month.
You can also get connection fee wavied if you talk
to agent online , thats wat i did.
if you cancel,
you will be paying 329-month left *13. something