Hot Deals

[Rogers] Apple watch Series 4 Cellular "good as new" $150 discount (OUTRIGHT. NO CONTRACT/ACTIVATION REQUIRED)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2018 8:20 pm
[OP]
Jul 2, 2018
43 posts
49 upvotes

[Rogers] Apple watch Series 4 Cellular "good as new" $150 discount (OUTRIGHT. NO CONTRACT/ACTIVATION REQUIRED)

Recently bought a Apple watch Series 4 40mm gold (GPS+CELLULAR) from a Rogers store at a $150 discount (23% off) .

Apparently this is an official Rogers program called 'Good as new' the sales rep told me that when they receive new returned items from customers within the 15 day period, instead of returning it to the manufacturer they resell it after 'certifying' it themselves.

Phones over 500$ receive $200 discount and watches are $150 discount. I am not a Rogers customer nor did I sign up to be one. This watch was bought outright and is unlocked for all carriers supporting the Apple watch. ALL SALES Final.... However still comes with 1 year apple warranty and is eligible for Apple care purchase from an Apple store.

Nothing wrong with the watch cosmetically or in regards to software. Serial not registered as refurbished either.

Keep in mind that in order to use the cellular network of the watch without the iPhone nearby it costs $10 a month from the carrier.

YMMV due to this deal requires someone to have returned their new device to the store.
Last edited by LeaveEarly on Oct 20th, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
82 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1003 posts
348 upvotes
Basically it is an open box product. $150 discount is a lot for the new Apple Watch. Thanks I need to call their sx later.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
3776 posts
1874 upvotes
Calgary
Warm I guess if you need cellular. Sport Chek discount with possible ebates is similar to this for non Cellular.
I have a Koodo account.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2006
3951 posts
583 upvotes
LeaveEarly wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 12:58 pm
This watch was bought outright and is unlocked for all carriers supporting the Apple watch.
Apple Watch uses eSim. They don't/won't ever come carrier locked.
[OP]
Jul 2, 2018
43 posts
49 upvotes
Mulder and Scully wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:19 pm
Apple Watch uses eSim. They don't/won't ever come carrier locked.
I get that but how come carriers charge 10$ to use this esim? Since it's still under the same phone number? Is there a way to still access the cellular network without paying $10/month?
[OP]
Jul 2, 2018
43 posts
49 upvotes
malcom1666 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:03 pm
Basically it is an open box product. $150 discount is a lot for the new Apple Watch. Thanks I need to call their sx later.
Yep I got that but when I went to literally every other store they said they don't have 'open box' because they return the product to Apple to get it certified again. Were they just saying that because they resell open box as brand new again or is this a retailer and manufacturer rule that they must give it back to the manufacturer?
[OP]
Jul 2, 2018
43 posts
49 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:11 pm
Warm I guess if you need cellular. Sport Chek discount with possible ebates is similar to this for non Cellular.
Why I mentioned '23%' discount . If I could do it all again I would rather have gotten the GPS only model at the 15% discount. Especially since it's 10$/month on top of the plan you are already paying. Basically paying 10$ to not use your phone and pay for it anyways.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1662 posts
335 upvotes
Is calling the store the only option to find open box stock?
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14449 posts
5754 upvotes
LeaveEarly wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:24 pm
Why I mentioned '23%' discount . If I could do it all again I would rather have gotten the GPS only model at the 15% discount. Especially since it's 10$/month on top of the plan you are already paying. Basically paying 10$ to not use your phone and pay for it anyways.
Do they force you to sign up for the $10 plan? How much data does it come with?
I am a Public Mobile customer.
Oct 24, 2017
176 posts
371 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:26 pm
I can’t speak for Rogers, but with TELUS (so I’d assume same with Rogers), $10 gets you an extra GB on your plan, and also let’s the Watch share whatever data your plan has.

It’s not too bad a deal really.
[OP]
Jul 2, 2018
43 posts
49 upvotes
SickBeast wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:26 pm
This is an outright purchase, no plan required for this discount. However If you don't pay 10$/month the watch is essentially GPS only
Jan 21, 2016
134 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
SammyDavis wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:11 pm
The with cellular option from SportChek is also similar.
[OP]
Jul 2, 2018
43 posts
49 upvotes
lubs2001 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:33 pm
The with cellular option from SportChek is also similar.
Is it open box or this is that Canadian tire 15% SportChek gift card?
Feb 21, 2017
29 posts
5 upvotes
LeaveEarly wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:22 pm
I get that but how come carriers charge 10$ to use this esim? Since it's still under the same phone number? Is there a way to still access the cellular network without paying $10/month?
My understanding is that there is another wireless number assigned to the watch, but not usable. The data will be sharaeable, but that’s really it.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2009
14449 posts
5754 upvotes
andykumar wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 1:56 pm
My understanding is that there is another wireless number assigned to the watch, but not usable. The data will be sharaeable, but that’s really it.
The data will only be sharable if you have a share everything or a similar plan. Otherwise you will get 1gb or whatever for the watch, and whatever you have for your phone. It sucks. A lot of us got in on the 10gb winback deal through Rogers and the data is not sharable. I believe that applies to the 10gb for $60 plans also. Basically most of the plans that are a good deal through Rogers are not sharable.
I am a Public Mobile customer.