None
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5148 posts
1202 upvotes
Kanata
Dog5 wrote:
May 20th, 2011 1:37 pm
My mother suddenly started getting these warning messages embedded right into the html while browsing the web which claimed she was approaching (75%) and then reaching the 15 GB limit ('Lite'). It took two days to go from 75% to 100% (that's almost 4 gigs in two days) which seems absurd given her browsing habits. She just browses the web and doesn't download anything large or watch long videos (which is why she is on the 'lite' plan in the first place) and now it appears that Rogers is trying to fradulently scam her out of some money. Of course I did check her computer to see if there was any malware transferring data in the background and there was none. She has no wireless router either. I've tried to tell her not to do business with Rogers, given what a sleazy and dishonest bunch of slimebags they've shown themselves to be over the years and now I think I have her convinced, but I would still like to know:

Is anyone else is suddenly getting these warnings where they never have before and are you suspicious about their accuracy?

Ya, theyve been sending that msg on web browsers for a while now. I dont think Rogers is wrong on this one, Youtube auto loads on 360p, and if you make it full screen goes to 480p or 720p. That would be between 50-100mb per video + w/e else she does. If you really want to track usuage on your own, install networx, great utility with lots of functions.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.