Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

BIG YMMY - Rogers WinBack $80 10GB + $500 Credits + $0 Flagship

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 20th, 2019 7:10 pm
Jan 3, 2008
423 posts
61 upvotes
Victoria
shampygarg wrote: this is what I see when I go online...

iPhone XR 128GB White -0$
200$ online Bill Credit
No activation fee
Plan Cost 105$- Corporate Discount (20-30%, depending upon your organization)
I forgot to mention the bill credit and waived fee - makes the deal even better. That's MB instead of SK, but looks the same otherwise. I thought for some reason my credit was $100, not $200 though. Just asking Rogers support now. So glad I got this deal. Once I sell my iPhone 8 Plus I'm going to be laughing.
Jun 20, 2010
163 posts
169 upvotes
Kitchener
i am currently on this plan, if I pay my balance off, would my current monthly fee drop to $56/month.
Jan 3, 2008
423 posts
61 upvotes
Victoria
salva10 wrote: i am currently on this plan, if I pay my balance off, would my current monthly fee drop to $56/month.
Which plan? The one I mentioned in the post above? Or the winback plan?

If it's the plan I posted about above, that's an Ultra tab plan. I think you can change to a no tab plan after you pay off your device, but it doesn't happen automatically. Might be a better option to upgrade again at that time if you're happy with the plan you have. I'm not sure how much of a tab the winback plan has, but I assume it would work the same way.
Jan 3, 2008
423 posts
61 upvotes
Victoria
Hey gang - I missed the $200 Cyber Monday credit for online upgrades, because I purchased my upgrade on Sunday (credit offered was only $100 at the time). I politely reached out to them on Twitter asking about it, and they offered to extend the extra $100 credit to me too. Might be worth asking them about it if you missed out.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
2161 posts
3196 upvotes
GTA
kurt16 wrote: Hey gang - I missed the $200 Cyber Monday credit for online upgrades, because I purchased my upgrade on Sunday (credit offered was only $100 at the time). I politely reached out to them on Twitter asking about it, and they offered to extend the extra $100 credit to me too. Might be worth asking them about it if you missed out.
Fkkkkkkk I upgraded on Black Friday and got $100 off.
Jan 3, 2008
423 posts
61 upvotes
Victoria
georgecantstandya wrote: Fkkkkkkk I upgraded on Black Friday and got $100 off.
Reach out to them! Their social media or chat team... say something like "oh darn, had I known the credit would have been doubled I would have waited a couple days... any chance I can get the credit applied to my bill too? I've read on forums that other customers that upgraded on Black Friday weekend managed to get the extra $100 even though they upgraded just before the credit was offered."

Good luck!
May 3, 2016
231 posts
142 upvotes
Brampton
Accepted the offer today in the morning. Agent mentioned that i would be receiving the order confirmation and shipping email? how much time does it take usually?
I haven't even received the confirmation.
Sep 9, 2007
217 posts
94 upvotes
Nobod87RFD wrote: Accepted the offer today in the morning. Agent mentioned that i would be receiving the order confirmation and shipping email? how much time does it take usually?
I haven't even received the confirmation.
Took a couple days for me. I wouldn't worry.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
I really like this thread, and the downward trend in plan prices, at least when you are as vigilant as your typical RFDer. I've got $40 for 7GBs from Koodo right now, after recently contacting retentions, which goes up to $55 with my medium tab (they let me keep my Pixel 3 tab on it), but I'm still tempted to switch to Fizz ($40 for 8GBs, BYOD), and maybe get a Winback in a year or so, when the new phones come out, because when any "Big 3" does it, the others will likely follow.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
doctorgonzo wrote: Just got a call from Rogers (I switched to Telus last year).

They gave 2 offers.

1) $56 byod for 10 gig plan.
2) $80 10 gig plan with $0 Pixel 3 and $500 bill credit.

Turned both down.
Those are great offers, what's your plan with Telus?
Jun 20, 2010
163 posts
169 upvotes
Kitchener
kurt16 wrote: Which plan? The one I mentioned in the post above? Or the winback plan?

If it's the plan I posted about above, that's an Ultra tab plan. I think you can change to a no tab plan after you pay off your device, but it doesn't happen automatically. Might be a better option to upgrade again at that time if you're happy with the plan you have. I'm not sure how much of a tab the winback plan has, but I assume it would work the same way.
It would be the OP for the $80 for 10GB with the Iphone deal. I will check with Rogers and see what happens. Thanks
Apr 29, 2013
72 posts
82 upvotes
Brampton
I received a call from Rogers WIN back office on 26th Nov. as i had ported my number to Telus recently, Rogers offered me 10GB data ( 6gb+4gb) on ultra Tab $100 per month + 20% discount on plan, Note 9 for free and $400 bill credit, Unlimited calling Nationwide, i was told by agent that I will be getting email which will show full price for the plan but discount will be applied. but I got an email for $120 for ultra TAB and Note 9 cost is showing $299.
now I am trying to call the number they gave me but when i am calling them but it's going on voicemail.
anyone had an experience like me? please advise
Nov 7, 2014
238 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Give it a few days. This is just Rogers for you. There has been some cases like you in this thread and Rogers will sort it out.
Jun 21, 2009
389 posts
435 upvotes
Anyone getting credits on the XS/XR phones recently? I'll jump through the hoops of porting out to get a significantly discounted new phone.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
16760 posts
8092 upvotes
blue dragon wrote: Anyone getting credits on the XS/XR phones recently? I'll jump through the hoops of porting out to get a significantly discounted new phone.
What's wrong with the regular generation 1 iPhone X? I personally feel it is superior to the XR. I have compared all three phones side by side. Virtually zero difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 iPhone X. And the X models are more hand and pocket friendly with a nicer screen compared to the XR. Just my two cents. It's hard to go wrong with this deal IMO.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1062 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
SickBeast wrote: What's wrong with the regular generation 1 iPhone X? I personally feel it is superior to the XR. I have compared all three phones side by side. Virtually zero difference between the gen 1 and gen 2 iPhone X. And the X models are more hand and pocket friendly with a nicer screen compared to the XR. Just my two cents. It's hard to go wrong with this deal IMO.
The iPhone X in my opinion is a far superior phone than the XR in terms of build quality, camera, oled screen, etc.

The iPhone Xs in my opinion is not worth the extra costs over the X.
Banned
Sep 27, 2010
109 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
oakley0023 wrote: The iPhone X in my opinion is a far superior phone than the XR in terms of build quality, camera, oled screen, etc.

To say the X is far superior to the XR may be misleading, it is up to the consumer to decide which features hold the most value in making a decision.
The XR doesn't have an OLED screen, but has a bigger 6.1-inch screen size. It's worth taking the time to do a side by side comparison. The XR has the longest batter life of any iPhone ever, it outperforms the X by over 2 hrs. It is every bit as fast as the iPhone XS in all benchmarks. It's missing the duel lens on the X and the XS. The XR will take better pictures and video than the X, It has the same improved wider angle lenses as the XS, including a 30% bigger sensor for low light. The new A12 chip on the XR and XS drives the new Smart HDR feature, and Extended Dynamic range for pictures and video. You have an option to upgrade to 128G for little cost compared to the 256G option. We all have a different "must have" or "not worth the cost" opinion. I just can't decide what mine are.

Cheers
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
oakley0023 wrote: The iPhone X in my opinion is a far superior phone than the XR in terms of build quality, camera, oled screen, etc.

Correct. Any1 who says otherwise is trying to justify their purchase of an XR. *welp* Upgrading to ios 12 levels the playing field. Only 3 major things XS, XS max has over the X is A12 chip (negligible), smart HDR (peeps can adjust that in post-processing via fotoshop), and internal eSIM chip (majority carriers dont have it except bhell). Battery is different for different users and how they operate their fone daily (tasks, apps, etc.). Therefore, battery life is YMMV per individual.
Last edited by aznnorth on Nov 30th, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16872 posts
2557 upvotes
cryingx wrote: With the $500 credit, this effectively comes roughly $60/mo for a 10GB plan with a flagship device for 24mos. Not bad.
After 24 months, does Rogers drop the device fee, or do they just keep charging it - i.e. is this a $80 plan or $60 plan + $20 a month for the device?
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1062 posts
543 upvotes
Toronto
Playdo wrote: To say the X is far superior to the XR may be misleading, it is up to the consumer to decide which features hold the most value in making a decision.
The XR doesn't have an OLED screen, but has a bigger 6.1-inch screen size. It's worth taking the time to do a side by side comparison. The XR has the longest batter life of any iPhone ever, it outperforms the X by over 2 hrs. It is every bit as fast as the iPhone XS in all benchmarks. It's missing the duel lens on the X and the XS. The XR will take better pictures and video than the X, It has the same improved wider angle lenses as the XS, including a 30% bigger sensor for low light. The new A12 chip on the XR and XS drives the new Smart HDR feature, and Extended Dynamic range for pictures and video. You have an option to upgrade to 128G for little cost compared to the 256G option. We all have a different "must have" or "not worth the cost" opinion. I just can't decide what mine are.

Cheers
XR doesn't have dual lens, correct, yet still takes better pictures and video than X? I don't believe that is true, sorry. XR is a phone I'd give to me 16 year old kid if I had one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)