Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

*BYOD* Rogers $50/15GB - Unlimited Talk/Text Canadawide - YMMV (win-back)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2021 8:02 pm
Oct 10, 2014
472 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
X_SoLjA wrote: I tried.

I unfortunately only ported out my number and not my wife’s in fear of this not working. Because she was still on Rogers, they would not offer the plan for her line...
So to confirm, after confirming eligibility of your main line, and offering the 50/15 plan, they said no to open additional 50/15 lines in your name?

Wow. Very different from what a few others here have mentioned. Sounds like you got a “bad” agent :(
Jun 2, 2008
52 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Macali wrote: So to confirm, after confirming eligibility of your main line, and offering the 50/15 plan, they said no to open additional 50/15 lines in your name?

Wow. Very different from what a few others here have mentioned. Sounds like you got a “bad” agent :(
Yup...

They did offer for me to “bring over” up to another 10 lines but those 10 lines couldn’t already be on Rogers...
Feb 14, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote
I am currently on Fido. Is it possible to get this offer from Rogers???
Oct 10, 2014
472 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
X_SoLjA wrote: Yup...

They did offer for me to “bring over” up to another 10 lines but those 10 lines couldn’t already be on Rogers...
You couldn’t just open new lines? Only for other ports, each one individually checked?

That’s too bad :(
Jun 2, 2008
52 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Macali wrote: You couldn’t just open new lines? Only for other ports, each one individually checked?

That’s too bad :(
Hmm, I never thought about just opening a completely new number, and then trying to cancel or switch her current to the new one. Not sure if I would have been able to even do that
Oct 10, 2014
472 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
X_SoLjA wrote: Hmm, I never thought about just opening a completely new number, and then trying to cancel or switch her current to the new one. Not sure if I would have been able to even do that
It’s defo possible, the only obstacle is that you can’t port Rogers to Rogers directly.

But activate the new plan, port number to a temp prepay, then from there to the new plan.
Oct 10, 2014
472 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Macali wrote: It’s defo possible, the only obstacle is that you can’t port Rogers to Rogers directly.

But activate the new plan, port number to a temp prepay, then from there to the new plan.
Just make sure the temp prepay is non Rogers
May 25, 2018
121 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
Is this deal dead yet? Currently have $65/15G..thinking about if I should take some risk to get this...
Oct 19, 2018
220 posts
250 upvotes
I ported out to $10 Freedom deal

They called.

Offered:

15GB for $50
Pixel 4 XL for $30 pm / 24 months. $55 - $25 bill credit
$300 bill credit as welcome back bonus.

Comes out to $67.50 when you average the welcome back credit out over 24 months.

I said make it $60, by either bumping the welcome back bonus to $480, or $42.50 pm for plan or $22.50 for phone.

They said they can't do it. Hopefully I get another call with a better deal. If not I'm perfectly happy at $10 pm Face With Tears Of Joy
May 25, 2018
121 posts
137 upvotes
Toronto
MmmWaffles wrote: I ported out to $10 Freedom deal

They called.

Offered:

15GB for $50
Pixel 4 XL for $30 pm / 24 months. $55 - $25 bill credit
$300 bill credit as welcome back bonus.

Comes out to $67.50 when you average the welcome back credit out over 24 months.

I said make it $60, by either bumping the welcome back bonus to $480, or $42.50 pm for plan or $22.50 for phone.

They said they can't do it. Hopefully I get another call with a better deal. If not I'm perfectly happy at $10 pm Face With Tears Of Joy
When did you port out?
Oct 19, 2018
220 posts
250 upvotes
Ported Thursday and got called Friday. Told them I'll think about it, and they called again on Saturday.
Nov 18, 2017
19 posts
168 upvotes
Does anyone know if I can make this a US Canada plan by paying $50 + $20 = $70?
Nov 21, 2018
44 posts
24 upvotes
MmmWaffles wrote: Ported Thursday and got called Friday. Told them I'll think about it, and they called again on Saturday.
Did you do an online activation or you ported in a store ?

I did it online so I’m waiting for my Koodo sim to ship atm
Dec 15, 2017
246 posts
162 upvotes
I have the $60 20GB offer, should I take the $50 for 15GB offer?
- Do not repair what works!
Sep 21, 2015
254 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
If I had an EPP plan and ported out, would I possibly still qualify for this?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2008
1679 posts
2000 upvotes
GTA
TheStefmeister wrote: I have the $60 20GB offer, should I take the $50 for 15GB offer?
Do you need 20GB or 15GB?
Jul 8, 2019
265 posts
391 upvotes
wickkedd wrote: If I had an EPP plan and ported out, would I possibly still qualify for this?
I got my friend converted from a epp plan to this. If you port out though it is hard to say cause epp is a bit of a different story where regular agents don’t have access to. You might not be on the call back list but you may still qualify.

It’s possible that if you port out you need to somehow reach the win back team yourself to get this plan or if you’re lucky to get a agent to do it.
Jul 8, 2019
265 posts
391 upvotes
TheStefmeister wrote: I have the $60 20GB offer, should I take the $50 for 15GB offer?
Slono wrote: Do you need 20GB or 15GB?
Based on your needs.... if 15gb is enough then I go with $50/15gb plan. $10 more for 5gb isn’t really beneficial in my eyes, but if you do use that much, go for it.

$10/5gb additional is better than over usage charge.
Sep 21, 2015
254 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
I3arcode wrote: I got my friend converted from a epp plan to this. If you port out though it is hard to say cause epp is a bit of a different story where regular agents don’t have access to. You might not be on the call back list but you may still qualify.

It’s possible that if you port out you need to somehow reach the win back team yourself to get this plan or if you’re lucky to get a agent to do it.
Was your friend with EPP before porting out? Did he call in himself and qualify? Thanks!
Jul 8, 2019
265 posts
391 upvotes
wickkedd wrote: Was your friend with EPP before porting out? Did he call in himself and qualify? Thanks!
He was epp, didn’t port out. I called in to get them to match his account with my plan (I had the win back plan already) and I had to fight tooth and nail for him. But managed to get it at the end. I would consider mine a bit more of a one off case.

If you’re planning to do port out just expect that you might not get a call back but may still qualify. It’s simply cause epp plans are not handled by the same group of Rogers reps, I donno every detail of how they work internally but I know epp customers tend to be dealt with by a different dept. unless you climb all the way up.