Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Cable Deal: $32 for Digital VIP, approx. $38 tax-in, Reg. $61.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2011 11:31 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2647 posts
382 upvotes
Ottawa
Mint wrote:
Aug 31st, 2008 3:42 pm
I thought you need the VIP package to view HD channels?
You can have basic, and still get 18 HD channels.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
9758 posts
2193 upvotes
Markham
I'm a new client and I just called Rogers for the deal. The rep give me 42.99$ but not HD box....if I want it, that will be me 5$ more....*the difference between SD and HD). :(

I asked for the Fairchild deal, she said it will be 50% for the first 2 months, then I told her it shows 50% for 4 months on the Internet ads....she tell me to order online then :twisted:

I have the Internet with them and she only give me 5% discount off but with a 2 years commitment. :mad:

Will call Victor soon.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Aug 13, 2005
205 posts
Toronto, ON
called them told them i heard they had a promotion for digital vip package for 42.99 with hd pvr...csr said that was in fact true i asked what promotions were available for internet told me about a lite deal and 5 dollars off express and extreme took the five dollars off express, with no modem rental charge and got the hd pvr / digital vip package with hd specialty channels and another sd box.. i think i got a decent deal..
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2006
1602 posts
450 upvotes
GTA
Just got off the phone. Should be getting:

VIP for 42.99
HD pack for 3 months free
$7 off Lite internet
$10 CR on Homephone for (already had this for one year already expiring in Oct)

Price good for one year. Gave me a rate of $113.61 w/tax but I can't reconcile this. Will need to wait until the next bill to see if it is correct (dam Rogers and there never ending billing issues)

I simply call and asked if there was any penatly for cancelling my Cable, HP and internet. Said a Bell sales person was at my house and had a better deal. Never even discussed what the deal was. I was not interested in a HD box or PVR I own both and a SD box as well. so of no value figured I'd save some negotiations for next year. he came back with this and I said OK it's a little better the bell. and no contract.

p.s. bell guy never came to my house, actually a Rogers guys came mid last week. teehee.
Jun 15, 2001
449 posts
70 upvotes
T.O.
Thanks OP.

Confirming that this works for existing Rogers customers.
Apr 16, 2007
619 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
konfusion666 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2008 3:12 pm
Yeah, the HD Specialty is what I was after too... I wanted the HD versions of Discovery, Natl Geographic, A&E and Showcase... so there's always something "good" to watch. Not to mention the documentaries on Disc. and NG are pretty amazing in HD.
Agreed, 100%. The quality of the picture on the HD speciality channels is great and there's usually always something on...which can't be said with the other xxx amount of FREE channels out there.

Update: I also called to add the PICK ALL specialty pack, because they'll let you have it free for three months! He said to just call and remove it when I do not want it any more, no problem.

It seems that the $42.99 deal was Toronto, and all the outside markets were getting the good stuff.
Aug 13, 2005
205 posts
Toronto, ON
yeah i am in toronto and got 42.99 no less..so your totally right on that one
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2270 posts
66 upvotes
Mint wrote:
Aug 31st, 2008 3:42 pm
I thought you need the VIP package to view HD channels?
I think I get around 16 HD channels with my Basic package. It's for only the channels in the Basic package that has HD. So stuff like CTV, SunTV, NBC etc. There are other HD channels that are bundled together that you have to pay separately.
Nov 4, 2007
882 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
:( called Victor, and the $32 digital VIP can ONLY work with new customers....i tried to get a good cable deal for my friend who lives in an apartment and theres no need for an HDpvr.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1010 posts
187 upvotes
Hi All,

I've read through all 11 pages and I'm finding it difficult in differentiating what the best deals are for NEW customers.

1) Also, have people been getting better deals for NEW customers compared to what Victor is offering?
2) If so, what number are you calling?
3) Does the Digital VIP Pack include any HD Channels?
4) Is Fairchild TV included in the Digital VIP Pack in North York?

Thank you very much!
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1010 posts
187 upvotes
NEW Customer. I live in Toronto.

2 HD PVR rentals (included in below price)
35.51 + Taxes per month
HD Specialty free for 3 months. ($8.95/month thereafter)
Digital VIP Pack
Free installation

Who did I call? I called the general sales number found on their website (1-888-764-3771). And spoke to an extremely nice and easy going rep named James.
Jun 21, 2004
279 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Didn't work for me. Spent a ton of time on the phone with a guy who flat out denied the existence of this plan and gave me a runaround about how I shouldn't be comparing plans to other users blah blah blah. He insisted that he's giving me "the best deal possible" and when I wanted to hang up he insisted on putting the discounts on my bill anyway (no contract so I let him do it)

I'm paying so much for my services I'm ashamed of it... My bill goes down from $150 a month for cable+home phone to $116 everything included.

-enhanced basic, 1 HDPVR terminal, 3 SD terminals, Fairchild, HDTV Specialty
-Rogers home phone, 6 features

I'm not a happy camper, the guy basically said I was lying about the $38 plan (without saying explicitly of course) and that some of the "free" stuff you guys are getting must be a temporary 3-month thing, and that you'll be "in for a surprise" when you see the bill afterwards. What BS - better luck next time I guess. :mad:
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
2671 posts
506 upvotes
$42.99 + tax. I called and was given this deal with 2 HDPVRs included for 2 yrs.
Jul 20, 2008
162 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
My deal:
2 digital PVRs x 2 years
Digital VIP
HD specialty pack
All theme packs x 3 months
Total $44 tax included.