Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Cable Deal: $32 for Digital VIP, approx. $38 tax-in, Reg. $61.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2011 11:31 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
innacana wrote:
Aug 21st, 2008 2:43 pm
I am afraid of commitments too. Rep told me its a verbal contract, no regular contract signing, you can break anytime. From my understanding, its a commitment of the price, not commitment of yours as a curtomer. but please confirm with the rep again when you get ur connection.
Oh i love verbal contracts, so romantic! :cheesygri

If only marriages are like that.

(called Vic btw)

UPDATE:

Okay, called Vic, then he made a call back. Gave him address and told him i'm a BELL ExpressVu customer. Another Rogers department will call me to arrange a time.

:cheesygri THANKS OP, awesome deal.

He did say that I should show the technicians the Bell bill! What Bell bill?!?! lol

If someone wants to scan a Bell bill and put it up here (remove your personal information pls), itd be great.

OK, crappy Update! :evil:

Rogers called just now (not Vic) to make the arrangement. They said its for a 12 months commitment, afterwhich, the price will revert to $60 plus. Which got me a little peeved!!! I asked for Victor to call me back because i can't commit.

Good Update: :idea:
Vic just called again and confirmed that its a vermal agreement as OP suggested and customers don't sign anything. Just say yeah yeah whatever whatever and move on to setting a time.
CHANGE
Lost my Garmin Nuvi, it's piano black, Toronto, Yonge street, if you find it please ping me
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
Got a confirmation for the setup time and date.

The customer rep did say: if you don't show the technician a BELL bill, he won't install it! Someone upload a bell bill please :D (don't forget to remove your personals)
CHANGE
Lost my Garmin Nuvi, it's piano black, Toronto, Yonge street, if you find it please ping me
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1033 posts
85 upvotes
another good update: lots of people who are existing customers, you are not eligible for this promo, as technically its for the ppl switching from Bell. But there's one trick, you can dc rogers now, wait 1-2 weeks, and get the connection again through Victor. Then Rogers will assume that you tried Bell and back to Rogers again. The only downside is to sacrifice ur cable for 1-2 weeks.

Please DO NOT call Rogers and ask abt this promo, they might cancel the promo earlier (they dont have any dates yet) than scheduled. because it seems that they cant match this promo from their dptmnts anyways, except promotion dptmnt where Victor works for.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2227 posts
400 upvotes
Toronto West
I guess techs are getting special deals now.. here is one offered by mine, was left on my door today... FWIW

Sorry for the huge pics... if you dont have the high speed internet to deal with the huge pictures, wait for them to load and call the number! :lol:
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
I have a side question for Richmond Hill Rogers Customers. Currently, my GF's grandfather receives Fairchild for FREE on Analogue Cable. I understand he has to pay for this channel if he switched to Digital.

Can you provide advice on keeping this channel and was your bill considerably higher than paying for standard Analogue service?

Also, I realize there's a multicultural package but they only watch Fairchild and I'm trying to save them money.
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2691 posts
441 upvotes
Ottawa
would anybody know how to get a similar deal in the Ottawa area?
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
8 upvotes
As always, Rogers and other companies screw their own customers.
:mad: :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
blizzah wrote:
Aug 21st, 2008 5:05 pm
As always, Rogers and other companies screw their own commited customers.
Yup.

Hence, absolve yourself from ALL commitments! And you're good :)
CHANGE
Aug 21, 2008
1 posts
7jaii, Fairchild Television is free in certain area. Doesn't matter if u have box or not. Richmond Hills is one of them.
I'll check if they changed this...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1033 posts
85 upvotes
Mochica wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2008 3:46 am
7jaii, Fairchild Television is free in certain area....
I think so too
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
8702 posts
1119 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Mochica wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2008 3:46 am
7jaii, Fairchild Television is free in certain area. Doesn't matter if u have box or not. Richmond Hills is one of them.
I'll check if they changed this...
It was, but not any more, I'm in Richmond Hill too.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
8 upvotes
eskimono wrote:
Aug 21st, 2008 5:07 pm
Yup.

Hence, absolve yourself from ALL commitments! And you're good :)
Im not on a contract for my cable services, but I can't just cancel my service for 2 weeks to go to Bell or whatever.
:mad: :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1990 posts
484 upvotes
Waterloo
I just spoke to customer relations at Rogers to re-negotiate my cable package for the next year... good news RFD!

There's a current promotion for retention of existing customers considering switching to Bell. Call in to Rogers at 1-888-ROGERS-1 and ask the computerized system for a Sales Representative. Once you reach the representative, tell them that you've been doing research on alternatives and specifically mention Bell. Once the agent hears the word Bell, they wet their pants and they'll transfer you to a customer relations representative.

Again, explain that you're doing due diligence and are considering switching to bell. Ask for their best offer and you should be offered Digital VIP Cable for 40% off the regular price! No need to go through a rep and no need to be a new customer switching from Bell. Apparently this offer is only available until Monday... so act fast!

$61.97 - 40% = $37.18/month for 12 months + tax

With a little sweet talking, you can likely do a bit better as well. I was able to get the HD specialty package (retail $8.95/month) also included in the $37.18/month price.

Good Luck! :D
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
2015 posts
317 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
man I just canceled my cable from Rogers yesterday, it will be disconnected in a week.. I couldn't justify paying $42.00 after taxes for basic cable and one specialty ch (g4 tech tv) when all I really wanted was tech tv and local news..

don't forget your digital service fee another 3 bux with the tax..
I paid 5 bux a month too for that little pos cable box that has no display in the front is standard and gets so hot I thought it would catch fire.

sigh
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
1990 posts
484 upvotes
Waterloo
yatta wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2008 6:48 pm
man I just canceled my cable from Rogers yesterday, it will be disconnected in a week.. I couldn't justify paying $42.00 after taxes for basic cable and one specialty ch (g4 tech tv) when all I really wanted was tech tv and local news..

don't forget your digital service fee another 3 bux with the tax..
I paid 5 bux a month too for that little pos cable box that has no display in the front is standard and gets so hot I thought it would catch fire.

sigh
Digital Services Fee and Cable Box Rental is included in the $37.18/month
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!