Expired Hot Deals

[Rogers] Rogers Cable Deal: $32 for Digital VIP, approx. $38 tax-in, Reg. $61.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2011 11:31 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
3395 posts
8 upvotes
I will def be giving them a call about my cable then tomorrow or monday. Thats like 30+$ in savings per month.
:mad: :lol:
Jul 2, 2007
527 posts
70 upvotes
Canada
I'm on basic analog right now, Called customer relations - ended up getting a HD PVR for free for a year and digital service for 32.19 including taxes and fees.

Asked about digital vip after asking for his supervisor's info to leave a glowing review and the best I was offered was 42.XX a month including the pvr. (on second thought this isn't too shabby of a deal) I passed but still asked to be transferred to his supervisor to tell what a good job this guy was doing, and he transferred me to the wrong dept!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2268 posts
1772 upvotes
GTA
Wow, Ted Rogers seems to have no mercy in his efforts to pulvarize BCE/Bell. Troubled BCE has been rumoured to be considering selling Expressvu- looks like Ted wants to take as many Expressvu customers as he can therefore diminishing the market value of the company, hurting BCE even more.

Now we just need a new player on the seen to come in and pulvarize Rogers.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1293 posts
29 upvotes
Thank you OP.....I just called and I got Digital VIP (included Fairchild ch 36) with 4 outlets for $ 43.52 taxes in....

Originally offered me $ 42.99 + taxes then I kept saying my friend told me $ 32 taxes in, the 1st guy put me to customer relation, customer relation came back offered me the same I said I want $ 32 or I will have to hang up and call Bell, put me on hold, came back $ 43.52 taxes in......not bad of a deal I think but certainly not as the threads titled $32 ...
2005 Toyota Sienna CE (DO NOT BUY - CLICK HERE)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2003
4997 posts
776 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks guys. Just saved me $30 a month for a year. Will call back next year ;-)
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1972 posts
177 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
cadave wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2008 7:16 pm
Digital Services Fee and Cable Box Rental is included in the $37.18/month
ya 37 not 32 then add tax
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3451 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
is the customer relations department open on sundays? Anybody got the hours and number of that department?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4589 posts
642 upvotes
SK
Kfox wrote:
Aug 24th, 2008 1:46 pm
Wow, Ted Rogers seems to have no mercy in his efforts to pulvarize BCE/Bell. Troubled BCE has been rumoured to be considering selling Expressvu- looks like Ted wants to take as many Expressvu customers as he can therefore diminishing the market value of the company, therefore hurting BCE even more.

Now we just need a new player on the seen to come in and pulvarize Rogers.
Since BCE is troubled and whats to sell Bell Expressvu, what if Rogers Cable buys ExpressVu?
Shaw Cable already owns most of Star Choice and that would leave us at the mercy of Ted Rogers and Jim Shaw.

I have a wild imagination. :evil:
shopper-X
------------
mbk.2k3's PlayBook Tips Thread
[shortened link removed]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
2268 posts
1772 upvotes
GTA
shopper-X wrote:
Aug 24th, 2008 6:46 pm
Since BCE is troubled and whats to sell Bell Expressvu, what if Rogers Cable buys ExpressVu?
Shaw Cable already owns most of Star Choice and that would leave us at the mercy of Ted Rogers and Jim Shaw.

I have a wild imagination. :evil:
CRTC would likely save us from that happening.
I think Richard Branson should get in the Canadian TV provider game, maybe teach Ted a little about providing value and good customer service.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
41737 posts
2634 upvotes
Richmond Hill
A few questions:

1) I'm in Markham. Does the normal digital TV include Fairchild?
2) Does the digital TV package include any HD channels?
3) Do you need a box for every TV? Can the TVs without boxes play standard analog TV?

$32.xx tax in for digital TV sounds like a really good deal considering our family has been paying over $40 every month for basic cable + fairchild.
***Brand New Apple TV 4th Gen 64GB ONLY $220!!***
Silver Coins | Apple TV 4th Gen 64GB | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2007
1119 posts
199 upvotes
45.467253°N, 75.5123…
cadave wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2008 5:15 pm
I just spoke to customer relations at Rogers to re-negotiate my cable package for the next year... good news RFD!

There's a current promotion for retention of existing customers considering switching to Bell. Call in to Rogers at 1-888-ROGERS-1 and ask the computerized system for a Sales Representative. Once you reach the representative, tell them that you've been doing research on alternatives and specifically mention Bell. Once the agent hears the word Bell, they wet their pants and they'll transfer you to a customer relations representative.

Again, explain that you're doing due diligence and are considering switching to bell. Ask for their best offer and you should be offered Digital VIP Cable for 40% off the regular price! No need to go through a rep and no need to be a new customer switching from Bell. Apparently this offer is only available until Monday... so act fast!

$61.97 - 40% = $37.18/month for 12 months + tax

With a little sweet talking, you can likely do a bit better as well. I was able to get the HD specialty package (retail $8.95/month) also included in the $37.18/month price.

Good Luck! :D

Cadave, I see your location is Ottawa / Waterloo, is this offer available in Ottawa, Waterloo, or everywhere? Could you please share where you got it that the offer expires Monday?

Cheers,

PS: I tried tonight (Sunday) and was offered $42.99 with SD/HD/PVR box at my choosing. Was told they can't go lower than that, and I'd have to call Monday to speak with customer relations / retention - they may do better
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1293 posts
29 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Aug 24th, 2008 7:59 pm
A few questions:

1) I'm in Markham. Does the normal digital TV include Fairchild?
2) Does the digital TV package include any HD channels?
3) Do you need a box for every TV? Can the TVs without boxes play standard analog TV?

$32.xx tax in for digital TV sounds like a really good deal considering our family has been paying over $40 every month for basic cable + fairchild.
I am in Markham too..

1. they have basic, ulimate and full cable packages, if you go with digital basic , no, fairchild is not included, so you will need 'full cable' which is part of the digitial vip package and it also includes 3 x extra outlet at no charge.

2. digital vip does not include HD channels...

3. No, you don't need a box for every tv like Bell, the regular digital vip package comes with 1 SD box and 3 extra outlets, the one with the box will be able to receive digital signals and channels over #100 , the other 3 will be just regular analog 'full cable' which again includes Fairchild and HGTV which are the most important ones we wants..
2005 Toyota Sienna CE (DO NOT BUY - CLICK HERE)
Jan 6, 2006
943 posts
76 upvotes
Markham
There are like 15-16 free HD channels. You can watch these as long as you have the HD box.
bestjsg wrote:
Aug 24th, 2008 10:17 pm
I am in Markham too..

1. they have basic, ulimate and full cable packages, if you go with digital basic , no, fairchild is not included, so you will need 'full cable' which is part of the digitial vip package and it also includes 3 x extra outlet at no charge.

2. digital vip does not include HD channels...

3. No, you don't need a box for every tv like Bell, the regular digital vip package comes with 1 SD box and 3 extra outlets, the one with the box will be able to receive digital signals and channels over #100 , the other 3 will be just regular analog 'full cable' which again includes Fairchild and HGTV which are the most important ones we wants..