[Rogers] Rogers Cable Packages

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2007 8:59 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 7, 2003
980 posts
46 upvotes
Im paying $56 for channel 1-100 with no cable box or anything. Can i get a better deal than this? I do have an HDTV if that matters
Gigabyte Z97-ud5h, 16gb trident ram, 4690k cpu, 2x Asus Strix 980Ti's, Corsair Air 540 case, Corsair AX1200 PSU, Acer XB271HU G-sync 1440P monitor, CM Storm Spawn mouse, 2x 240gb SSD corsair force GT, 1TB backup drive, Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1715 posts
60 upvotes
Oh my.... I got my rogers digital terminal today and all I can say is wtf?

this thing is the cheapest POS I ever seen in my life, there is no led display on the front for time or to see the channel you are current on.. it is really small and light feels so cheap. I asked the Tech so whats the deal with this, he said ya these ones are 100% digital.. I would rather have the older ones then this new crap man it's the Scientific Atlanta dtv e940... any one else have this one?
Sep 21, 2006
59 posts
5 upvotes
yatta wrote:
Nov 15th, 2007 5:27 pm

this thing is the cheapest POS I ever seen in my life, there is no led display on the front for time or to see the channel you are current on.. it is really small and light feels so cheap. I asked the Tech so whats the deal with this, he said ya these ones are 100% digital.. I would rather have the older ones then this new crap man it's the Scientific Atlanta dtv e940... any one else have this one?
We just got Rogers digital 2 weeks ago and they gave us the Scientific Atlanta Explorer 1840 which has the time and channel display and seems very solid. Maybe call back to get it replaced with this model?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2001
14679 posts
264 upvotes
North York
yatta wrote:
Nov 15th, 2007 5:27 pm

ive got the same one. no time or channel display but other than that no problems. it's been working fine... i'd be inclined to change it if it's proven that the hardware inside the box produces lower-resolution images or something along those lines.
the lack of a time/channel display is not a big deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1715 posts
60 upvotes
konfusion666 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2007 7:04 pm
ive got the same one. no time or channel display but other than that no problems. it's been working fine... i'd be inclined to change it if it's proven that the hardware inside the box produces lower-resolution images or something along those lines.
the lack of a time/channel display is not a big deal.

ya i guess but it just feels way more cheaply made then the older ones..

I can buy my own and use it with rogers? I assume I can but just wondering is there some ******** fee I have to pay because I want to use my digital top set box?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2003
2221 posts
224 upvotes
Nepean
Are you saying you can get me the package at 40% off the price that op was posting?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2001
14679 posts
264 upvotes
North York
yatta wrote:
Nov 15th, 2007 7:28 pm
ya i guess but it just feels way more cheaply made then the older ones..

I can buy my own and use it with rogers? I assume I can but just wondering is there some ******** fee I have to pay because I want to use my digital top set box?
I assume that the boxes need to be programmed to work with your particular account/circuit/whatever.

My advice is, if you REALLY want to get a different box and customer service won't help you out, BREAK the set-top-box you hate so much and see if they replace it with a better one ;)
× < >