Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
May 11, 2003
2842 posts
720 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: VIP no longer exists. Its either popular/gigabit package or premier/gigabit package

Zaidyboy, in September, was the $99 deal ever available with VIP or Extra Plus? In my case, I am an existing customer and I was trying to add on Gbit internet.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
yo2boy wrote: I will be moving next month, should I move my services to the new house or activate as a new customer?
get in as a new customer. Don't move it. Register as someone else in your household.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
e-man wrote:
zaidyboy wrote: VIP no longer exists. Its either popular/gigabit package or premier/gigabit package

Zaidyboy, in September, was the $99 deal ever available with VIP or Extra Plus? In my case, I am an existing customer and I was trying to add on Gbit internet.
VIP ended first week of September. You can still get the Popular ($99.99) + Premier ($119.99) assuming you don't have internet with Rogers.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Teek wrote:
yo2boy wrote: I will be moving next month, should I move my services to the new house or activate as a new customer?
Also in the same situation ... what do you guys recommend?
see above.
Sep 30, 2013
4 posts
You can still get the Popular ($99.99) + Premier ($119.99) assuming you don't have internet with Rogers.

Are these prices before tax are after tax? Thanks.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lawnbowler123 wrote: You can still get the Popular ($99.99) + Premier ($119.99) assuming you don't have internet with Rogers.

Are these prices before tax are after tax? Thanks.
Those prices are before taxes.
Sep 30, 2013
4 posts
Thanks. Do you have any idea when these prices will be available until? I am looking at end of October to switch.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1546 upvotes
Brampton
Has anyone had their Activation & Installation fees waived? I was only offered $50 credit for the installation but have to pay the $14.95 activation for the Ignite100 promo.
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
Dec 23, 2006
1221 posts
293 upvotes
Oshawa
zaidyboy wrote:
e-man wrote:

VIP ended first week of September. You can still get the Popular ($99.99) + Premier ($119.99) assuming you don't have internet with Rogers.
Is this still on a two year term? Honestly I do not see a better deal being offered a year down the road pricing wise, and I doubt we will see speeds above 1Gbps so locking in two years seems like the more ideal situation in my mind. I'm still pressing for this as an existing customer for my mother, but getting it for myself and my half-sister and her boyfriend (sharing a house with them) as a new account hopefully will not be quite as challenging.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
2065 posts
355 upvotes
Ottawa
venividivici wrote:
zaidyboy wrote:
e-man wrote:

Is this still on a two year term? Honestly I do not see a better deal being offered a year down the road pricing wise, and I doubt we will see speeds above 1Gbps so locking in two years seems like the more ideal situation in my mind. I'm still pressing for this as an existing customer for my mother, but getting it for myself and my half-sister and her boyfriend (sharing a house with them) as a new account hopefully will not be quite as challenging.
I am still pressing this issue for existing customers. My complaint is already at the Office of the President. I am waiting for a call back this week.
RFD 15 73H 1337
Sep 21, 2015
526 posts
184 upvotes
London, ON
rvs007 wrote: http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/26/shomi ... ting-down/

Just announced that Shomi is finally being dropped. I guess the signs were true when Rogers started offering Netlfix premium rather than Shomi.
That's unfortunate. I actually do watch Shomi, and it's one of the things that nudged me into the package i'm on - It included 2yrs shomi for free. I was already expecting to be paying $10/month for shomi/cravetv/or netflix. I wanted one with a reasonable selection of tv shows, but as to which of the 3 it was didn't really matter to me.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
Do people go through Steve? I don't see his contact info listed?
Aug 16, 2010
505 posts
152 upvotes
Is there any promotional pricing for Ignite 30 or 60 (with min 300GB cap) anyone is aware of ? Missed out on that student promotion which expired aug 30.
Aug 16, 2010
505 posts
152 upvotes
yo2boy wrote:
MAR-TYR-DOM wrote: Is there any promotional pricing for Ignite 30 or 60 (with min 300GB cap) anyone is aware of ? Missed out on that student promotion which expired aug 30.
I thought it doesn't expire till September 30th? http://www.rogers.com/consumer/bundles/students
Thanks. Weird thing is I went to live chat a week ago and the agent told me that it was expired and I could only sign up for ignite 100. Sad (and kills me inside) that I have to make the jump from teksavvy to robbers but tsi is just not competitive anymore.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1233 posts
585 upvotes
St Thomas
lawnbowler123 wrote: Thanks. Do you have any idea when these prices will be available until? I am looking at end of October to switch.
I called and arranged everything about 3 weeks ago. Installation set for October. Dunno if this would work in your situation but didn't feel like paying for Satellite TV I didn't get to use. Why not get the deal now with install future-dated?
RFD Proud since 07.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2007
1233 posts
585 upvotes
St Thomas
cleacy1972 wrote:
rvs007 wrote: http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/26/shomi ... ting-down/

Just announced that Shomi is finally being dropped. I guess the signs were true when Rogers started offering Netlfix premium rather than Shomi.
That's unfortunate. I actually do watch Shomi, and it's one of the things that nudged me into the package i'm on - It included 2yrs shomi for free. I was already expecting to be paying $10/month for shomi/cravetv/or netflix. I wanted one with a reasonable selection of tv shows, but as to which of the 3 it was didn't really matter to me.
I had all three services for a bit. Netflix and Shomi I ended up keeping. Also upset with Shomi going by the wayside. Sounds like Corus buying Shaw media but ignoring Shomi was beginning of the end here. Shaw wrote it off their books and left Rogers to pick up the pieces.
RFD Proud since 07.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)