Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
Olkams wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 11:24 am
Yes they do for sure, beanfield came out of left field and they didnt anticipating them penetrating their market that hard that fast.
Face With Tears Of Joy I remember over hearing some downtown territory reps crying because they were being gutted
Oh I believe that. Bean field is actually the only 3rd party provider that I can think of that provides high quality service which is why Red and Blue pay attention to them. The rest are not there yet.
Sep 18, 2007
259 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
I have a package that includes;

Ignite 100u
Basic TV with free Netbox 2.0
Home Phone (Canada wide, CiD, VM, Call Waiting)

$138.93 taxes in.

Is that deal good or should I be aiming for better.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4269 posts
2072 upvotes
Northside
thanu31 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 1:55 pm
I have a package that includes;

Ignite 100u
Basic TV with free Netbox 2.0
Home Phone (Canada wide, CiD, VM, Call Waiting)

$138.93 taxes in.

Is that deal good or should I be aiming for better.
way too expensive. Sorry is this a brand new deal or your current deal?
#WeTheNorth
Sep 18, 2007
259 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Got this deal last year, I am about to call retention again for new deals but I wanted to make sure
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
16416 posts
3499 upvotes
Toronto
zaidyboy wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 10:49 am
There is a Bell Kiosk at my office building and it seems that Bell is rolling out with the $99 Gigabit Offer as well. Just because of this, I think Rogers for sure, will extend u63.

Things are starting to get interesting.

@Euro2012 any idea when the Bell offer expires?
I just signed onto the Bell deal although a somewhat different one for slightly more. FTTH. For my deal (which seems to be the main one), it is supposed to expire this weekend. However, it already has been wxtended several times so who knows if it won't get extended again. The $99 Bell deal with Gigabit, home phone, and Better TV is supposedly very limited in to whom it gets offered, whereas my deal for very slightly higher pricing is more widely offered, albeit with only the Good TV package (with some limited time freebies on top of that).

From my perspective the Bell Good package is closer to the Rogers Popular package whereas Bell Better is closer to the old Rogers VIP.

P.S. My Bell modem is benching internally at ~1.3 Gbps down and 115 Mbps up. With my older equipment, I'm seeing 700-900 Mbps (which might be limited by the hardware) down and 111 up.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
EugW wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 2:36 pm
I just signed onto the Bell deal although a somewhat different one for slightly more. FTTH. For my deal (which seems to be the main one), it is supposed to expire this weekend. However, it already has been wxtended several times so who knows if it won't get extended again. The $99 Bell deal with Gigabit, home phone, and Better TV is supposedly very limited in to whom it gets offered, whereas my deal for very slightly higher pricing is more widely offered, albeit with only the Good TV package (with some limited time freebies on top of that).

From my perspective the Bell Good package is closer to the Rogers Popular package whereas Bell Better is closer to the old Rogers VIP.

P.S. My Bell modem is benching internally at ~1.3 Gbps down and 115 Mbps up. With my older equipment, I'm seeing 700-900 Mbps (which might be limited by the hardware) down and 111 up.
Crazy speeds
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2426 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
matradley wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 10:43 am
It's mainly because you skipped a step - Ombudsman is the final step.
That would be correct. I haven't posted any update yet, however, I did get a call from somebody from the OotP late Wednesday but he was out of office today. I'll likely touch base tomorrow (I couldn't get in touch on Wednesday as we've had all sorts of changes dropped on us a work). This is where I can use a cheaper package for sure. :D

Will update tomorrow afternoon, with luck, as to how I make out.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2426 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
Euro2012 wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 9:56 am
Every time CRTC rules in our favour providers always find a way to make us regret it. If anything, they will just jack up the price. I find that at the end of each quarter (march, june, sep, dec) we seem to get the best pricing.
QFT. 2-year contracts for wireless were supposed to help the consumer. Not-so-much from my experience. If I strike out with the OotP (which doesn't seem likely), I'm willing to roll the dice and cancel cable for March 1st when my promo expires and then talk to a field agent a week later if that's what it's gonna take.
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
EugW wrote:
Jan 26th, 2017 2:36 pm

Rogers even lists Bell Top TV package as better than theres for their internal use PDF
Lead Generator Rogers Field Sales
Nov 7, 2013
39 posts
24 upvotes
Thanks to the folks on here for getting info on setting up on the U63 package. Great forum and guys on here.
Jul 15, 2006
762 posts
31 upvotes
GTA, ON
Does anyone have the numbers for Steve or Victor? I don't see Steve's number and victors number on page 1 is out of service.

Thanks!
Dec 19, 2016
352 posts
195 upvotes
Shop-a-holic wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 10:24 am
Does anyone have the numbers for Steve or Victor? I don't see Steve's number and victors number on page 1 is out of service.

Thanks!

Any field rep in this thread can assist you. Steve and Victor are MIA
Lead Generator Rogers Field Sales
Jul 15, 2006
762 posts
31 upvotes
GTA, ON
^ thanks, didn't know.

I'm looking for cable tv and internet. Any field rep help would be appreciated. Bell contract ending Jan 31st.

TIA!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4269 posts
2072 upvotes
Northside
Shop-a-holic wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 11:43 am
^ thanks, didn't know.

I'm looking for cable tv and internet. Any field rep help would be appreciated. Bell contract ending Jan 31st.

TIA!
Look harder on this PAGE lol
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2426 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
LMAO. It's right there in RED and WHITE. :facepalm:

⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)