Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Nov 28, 2014
5 posts
Brampton, ON
Just called Rogers to extend my promotion for Basic Cable plus free PVR as it is ending at the end of this month. The agent said they no longer have this package, and can offer a similar package called "Select Cable" and 50% OFF for PVR for $48.99 Plus Tax!! What a rip off considering that I was paying $28.33!!!

They are losing cable tv customers and are increasing prices - how does this make any sense?

Note: I also have internet with them - the W35 Package and I do not want to touch/change that.
Last edited by starfly84 on May 22nd, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 21, 2015
490 posts
169 upvotes
London, ON
Got the email from netflix today letting me know they're going to start charging me 5/29 :(

I knew it was coming, and contacted Rogers to see what if anything they would do regarding replacement for Shomi cancellation: Answer is nothing. They did however confirm that there would be no ECF for 30 days (i'm not going to cancel)
Dec 24, 2010
60 posts
4 upvotes
I am moving in July so I need to sign up for new internet service. The best offer they said they could give me was what was on the website: ignite 150 for $69.99 for a year. One time activation fee of $14.95. They said they can't waive that fee and that there are no better offers. However, if I want this promotion I have to sign up and activate it right now even though I won't move into my new place until July 1. So I would have to pay for a month of service that isn't being used by anyone.

Have anyone had any better luck for just internet promo? Apparently it doesn't matter I've been a loyal Rogers customer for the past 20 yrs since I am creating a new service.

Is it also true that I have to wait till my move date before I can look and sign up for a promotion? Or are they just saying that so I would basically give them $80 for nothing?
Jan 2, 2009
636 posts
250 upvotes
Toronto
starfly84 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 12:16 pm
Just called Rogers to extend my promotion for Basic Cable plus free PVR as it is ending at the end of this month. The agent said they no longer have this package, and can offer a similar package called "Select Cable" and 50% OFF for PVR for $48.99 Plus Tax!! What a rip off considering that I was paying $28.33!!!

They are losing cable tv customers and are increasing prices - how does this make any sense?

Note: I also have internet with them - the W35 Package and I do not want to touch/change that.
lmao at least they gave you an offer. I just called with the same and they could only do full price. Already cancelled internet with them a year ago, now cable is gone as well.
Jan 9, 2017
5 posts
andyb2 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 10:58 am
I've givin up on trying to get U63. Contract was over on the 4th and prices are going up. Currently on 100mb unlimited with home phone and digital plus. Looking for a cheaper deal. Bell is not an option here
Is there anyone on here that can do a better deal for existing customers not on contract? Doesn't have to be U63. Just better
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2005
1071 posts
26 upvotes
djatomic wrote:
May 21st, 2017 1:14 pm
Likewise...Retentions is not offering it so looking to find a source who can apply it to our account...
pmcd wrote:
May 21st, 2017 5:22 pm
Am currently with Rogers (250 Ignite with a very minimal TV package, no home phone). My wife has all the cell phones and a wireless home phone which works well). Bell is offering me gigabit, TV, lite phone for far less. Really like Rogers but they keep saying U63 does not exist or is expired or can't be ordered by my wife ( the internet and TV are in my name). Is there some trick to getting U63 or anything similar? Otherwise, it's off to Bell... for internet and TV.
andyb2 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 10:58 am
I've givin up on trying to get U63. Contract was over on the 4th and prices are going up. Currently on 100mb unlimited with home phone and digital plus. Looking for a cheaper deal. Bell is not an option here
Why not read back a few pages, you might find someone that can help you out (check their signature)
May 21, 2017
7 posts
Need some help here.
My Ignite 100 plan discount will be over June 27 ($60+tax). Ideally I want to continue the discount, but if I can't, any suggestion what I should do?
Fido has a 75 down 10 up plan with unlimited usage for $65+tax which is perfect for my need, since my family rarely uses the full 100mb/s and we use about 800gb+ a month.
Is there anything Rogers offering right now that beats the Fido deal?
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2007
1247 posts
49 upvotes
Keswick
just called rogers for the 3rd time.
was paying 112 with basic cable/ignite 100 with both rental boxes for past year or 2.

best they could do was 125 for basic cable or she called it select? and ignite 75(500 gigs) for - 125 a month taxes in . she said I could switch to ignite 150 for 10 extra which includes unlimited DL.

I'm not totally happy but if I didn't call my rate would of jumped to 185 a month.

Anyone getting anything better? I'm tempted just dumping it all and switching to tekksavyy for 75 a month,, I could get unlimited intenet@100mbps... but no cable tv. which my fam hardly watches..

HHMM
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4188 posts
2059 upvotes
Northside
eddylee9012 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 8:38 pm
Need some help here.
My Ignite 100 plan discount will be over June 27 ($60+tax). Ideally I want to continue the discount, but if I can't, any suggestion what I should do?
Fido has a 75 down 10 up plan with unlimited usage for $65+tax which is perfect for my need, since my family rarely uses the full 100mb/s and we use about 800gb+ a month.
Is there anything Rogers offering right now that beats the Fido deal?
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Look at the first page of this thread.

As stupid as it sounds, it's actually a great thing that your contract expires in June because that's when the student promos roll out as well. Speak to retention closer to the date.
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4188 posts
2059 upvotes
Northside
speeeeee wrote:
May 24th, 2017 9:08 am
just called rogers for the 3rd time.
was paying 112 with basic cable/ignite 100 with both rental boxes for past year or 2.

best they could do was 125 for basic cable or she called it select? and ignite 75(500 gigs) for - 125 a month taxes in . she said I could switch to ignite 150 for 10 extra which includes unlimited DL.

I'm not totally happy but if I didn't call my rate would of jumped to 185 a month.

Anyone getting anything better? I'm tempted just dumping it all and switching to tekksavyy for 75 a month,, I could get unlimited intenet@100mbps... but no cable tv. which my fam hardly watches..

HHMM
That is pricey. Select is the new basic
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4188 posts
2059 upvotes
Northside
roxie2919 wrote:
May 22nd, 2017 1:59 pm
I am moving in July so I need to sign up for new internet service. The best offer they said they could give me was what was on the website: ignite 150 for $69.99 for a year. One time activation fee of $14.95. They said they can't waive that fee and that there are no better offers. However, if I want this promotion I have to sign up and activate it right now even though I won't move into my new place until July 1. So I would have to pay for a month of service that isn't being used by anyone.

Have anyone had any better luck for just internet promo? Apparently it doesn't matter I've been a loyal Rogers customer for the past 20 yrs since I am creating a new service.

Is it also true that I have to wait till my move date before I can look and sign up for a promotion? Or are they just saying that so I would basically give them $80 for nothing?
If you are signing up as a new customer at your new residence, then a field sales rep can help you get a good deal
#WeTheNorth
Oct 15, 2016
117 posts
31 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote:
May 24th, 2017 9:52 am
If you are signing up as a new customer at your new residence, then a field sales rep can help you get a good deal
If you sign up using another family member's name (different last name) can you still sign up?
Koodo & Public Mobile Customer.
Jun 22, 2009
263 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
YorkIT wrote:
May 24th, 2017 12:32 pm
If you sign up using another family member's name (different last name) can you still sign up?
Yes that can work. Main issue is usually the last name but there are field reps out there that are willing to risk their job and still give the plan usually by indicating that it is for a basement tenant that just happens to have the same last name.
Dec 24, 2010
60 posts
4 upvotes
How would you find a field sales representative? I am with Rogers for my parents home and it is under my name but I am moving to a new apartment so it will be a different address so it seems like they are going to set me up as a new customer anyways.
Jul 22, 2009
60 posts
44 upvotes
Ottawa
roxie2919 wrote:
May 24th, 2017 10:39 pm
How would you find a field sales representative? I am with Rogers for my parents home and it is under my name but I am moving to a new apartment so it will be a different address so it seems like they are going to set me up as a new customer anyways.
Look at the signature 3 posts above yours.