Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Sep 15, 2016
44 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
When i got my bundle that included an HD PVR in August, I asked at the store if I could get a 4K PVR instead, at no extra cost and the young girl said "we can do that for you"

It is still listed on my account as an HD PVR.
Jul 6, 2002
430 posts
24 upvotes
Markham
3rdguyontheleft wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 6:27 pm
Just got off the phone, was offered,

150u (includes GIG modem)
Premium tv (includes 3.0 HD PVR, which covers my remaining year of rent to own)
$110 + taxes
Are you "renting to own" while you're currently getting a credit for the box?
Sep 13, 2012
227 posts
77 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
factor99 wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 10:04 pm
When i got my bundle that included an HD PVR in August, I asked at the store if I could get a 4K PVR instead, at no extra cost and the young girl said "we can do that for you"

It is still listed on my account as an HD PVR.
Rogers stores have stopped receiving shipments of the Nextbox HD and Nextbox 3.0 PVR terminals over the last few months. As @zaidyboy mentioned new terminals are scheduled to come online at the end of this year/early next year which would explain why the old terminals are being phased out of inventory. If one were to have a "failure" now would be the ideal time to swap in store. My Nextbox HD and Nextbox 3.0 PVR terminals genuinely crapped out last month and the store simply swapped them out for 4K and 4K PVR terminals without any changes to the account.
Sep 13, 2012
227 posts
77 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
3rdguyontheleft wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 5:25 pm
About time for my yearly call. Does anyone know if I can still carry over my old school VIP cable package? I'd hate to lose it.
I've recently renegotiated for an additional 12 months manual credit on my home services which allows me to keep the Digital VIP but brings the overall cost down to currently bundle prices. If you can do the same I'd recommend you not give up on the Digital VIP as it's now a grandfathered plan and the new packages offer substantially less (gasp).
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2880 posts
1641 upvotes
Pickering, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:17 am
Rogers stores have stopped receiving shipments of the Nextbox HD and Nextbox 3.0 PVR terminals over the last few months. As @zaidyboy mentioned new terminals are scheduled to come online at the end of this year/early next year which would explain why the old terminals are being phased out of inventory. If one were to have a "failure" now would be the ideal time to swap in store. My Nextbox HD and Nextbox 3.0 PVR terminals genuinely crapped out last month and the store simply swapped them out for 4K and 4K PVR terminals without any changes to the account.
yes.

The stores and back office can manually change the SKU on your account so you don't get charged for the 4K HDPVR. Its YMMV really.
#WeTheNorth
Aug 27, 2017
29 posts
4 upvotes
Anyone notice the data counter is WAYYY off?

I downloaded 15TB this week (restoring a backup) and it didn't count it all at. The dll was from google
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
1263 posts
176 upvotes
Scarborough
100Pacer wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:21 am
I've recently renegotiated for an additional 12 months manual credit on my home services which allows me to keep the Digital VIP but brings the overall cost down to currently bundle prices. If you can do the same I'd recommend you not give up on the Digital VIP as it's now a grandfathered plan and the new packages offer substantially less (gasp).
what services and price are u paying now?
Oct 28, 2012
12 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
c5ho wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 12:26 am
Are you "renting to own" while you're currently getting a credit for the box?
Ive been on "rent to own" for years now, so I end up owning boxes when the term ends without ever having spent a cent on it. Own a HD box, and an older HD PVR that way. Still have one more year before the Nextbox 3.0 PVR that I currently rent is mine to keep. The monthly rental fee is always covered my current deal. If that makes sense.
Jul 6, 2002
430 posts
24 upvotes
Markham
100Pacer wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 10:21 am
I recommend this too. I 'upgraded' to the newer Select plan and only just realized I lost a bunch of channels, namely Sportsnet One and Sportsnet 360. Sports is really all I watch. Stick to Digital VIP if you can.
Oct 4, 2016
2 posts
porchemasi May I ask how you approached this renewal? I asked one month ago (my current plan in up Nov 11) and they told me either to upgrade to 150U for $75/month or leave. Currently on 100U for $60. Thanks!
Sep 13, 2012
227 posts
77 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
When I log into MyRogers account under my Overview I see that I'm eligible for the 2017-2018 Rogers NHL Live season's pass subscription at no charge. I'm vaguely familiar with it but I've never actually logged in to watch. I asked Live Chat what the value of the season's pass is the agent told me $199.99 - I assume she means for a full version whereas I likely have a lite version at no charge? Or am I mistaken and I do receive the full version at no charge? I should state I have Digital VIP and curious if either the full or lite version is free with that package?

In any case, I have no need for the service and to make a long story short wanted to ask if it's possible to opt out in favour of a cable add-on or two or three at no charge instead?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
2880 posts
1641 upvotes
Pickering, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 8:17 am
When I log into MyRogers account under my Overview I see that I'm eligible for the 2017-2018 Rogers NHL Live season's pass subscription at no charge. I'm vaguely familiar with it but I've never actually logged in to watch. I asked Live Chat what the value of the season's pass is the agent told me $199.99 - I assume she means for a full version whereas I likely have a lite version at no charge? Or am I mistaken and I do receive the full version at no charge? I should state I have Digital VIP and curious if either the full or lite version is free with that package?

In any case, I have no need for the service and to make a long story short wanted to ask if it's possible to opt out in favour of a cable add-on or two or three at no charge instead?
not possible. It's likely part of the package, it's a "take it or leave it" kinda' thing. I mean, it doesn't hurt to ask but highly doubt they'll replace it with something else.
#WeTheNorth
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
1408 posts
162 upvotes
Fredericton
100Pacer wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 8:17 am

You are getting the full fledged version of NHL Gamecenter (or whatever the hell they call it now) for free.
Mar 11, 2012
345 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Double_J wrote:
Oct 9th, 2017 2:23 pm
I called in and they told me I could get ignite 150 for $69. I told them I know people are getting the same speed for $60 and they lowered it. Thanks, now I'm good for another 12 months.
That's a great price, what number did you call? I did a Rogers live chat and asked for an upgrade of my 100 u Internet to 150 u and was told there was no such $60 offer!! They quoted $81 after tax.
Jun 29, 2017
11 posts
4 upvotes
For most agents it’s a tagged offer, there is 150u for $60 or hell even 500u for $40 and 1GIG for $50 but it’s 100% if you are tagged for the offer. Not tagged no way you get it.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)