Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2694 posts
1916 upvotes
GTA
Tennoh wrote: I just got off with Rogers to ask about options since my promo had expired on Apr 15. Very easy to do so long as you stay composed and have patience. Also I tried 2 different ways, Rogers chat and FB simultaneously, Keith and Chrystal respectively. Got the better deal with Chrystal/FB which incidentally was same FB attendant who provided my old deal from last year. What I got is $39.99 effective May 1, 2020 to Apr 30, 2021 for Ignite 500.
How much did you pay for 500u before? Maybe we can ask for Chrystal on FB Chat and request the same deal. lol
Jul 12, 2008
129 posts
53 upvotes
Toronto
indocanadian9 wrote: I have I500U at $29.99/month, promo expiring end of May. I used FB messenger and got offered $99.99 - $30 off for I500U for 12 months. I put in my cancellation request. So far, no callback/no pop up offers in MyRogers account. The final payment amount has also been posted in MyRogers. It does not look like that Rogers is caring any more to retain their loyal customers.
My 300u promo expires end of May as well. I am currently at $54.99 which is much higher than your 500u $29.99 offer. Because of my higher current price they seem less willing to offer something good as they always seem to renew at a higher price. I was offered the $69.99 for 300u using the Rogers Live Chat. I passed for now and will try again using the FB chat or calling in and then put in a cancellation notice. He did say he could save the quote as this is what is "tagged" for my account. He didn't seem interested in offering any other deals for other packages so asking nicely doesn't seem to work and cancelling may prove more effective.

Let us know how it goes.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2694 posts
1916 upvotes
GTA
Tennoh wrote: My prior deal was 46.99 I recall.
Kudos to Chrystal! She offered you a better deal than the one you got last year. Did she offer you other speeds at different prices?
May 12, 2004
984 posts
244 upvotes
spyhero wrote: Kudos to Chrystal! She offered you a better deal than the one you got last year. Did she offer you other speeds at different prices?
I did tell her since my home network could never fully reach 500mbps, I would accept a slower plan. She offered 300u for $46.99. Of course I took the lower cost higher speed offer.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2694 posts
1916 upvotes
GTA
Tennoh wrote: I did tell her since my home network could never fully reach 500mbps, I would accept a slower plan. She offered 300u for $46.99. Of course I took the lower cost higher speed offer.
Wow, that's unbelievable! Their offer for 300u is actually more expensive than 500u. Good for you!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4954 posts
6853 upvotes
GTA
tonyb wrote: great suggestion. thx!

In fact, looks like they're running a special until the end of the month - $35 pm for 150u.

PS: how does a switch to a Rogers wholesaler work logistically? They share the same line, don't they? Does that mean you have to time the switch with precision in order to avoid the loss of internet for the period between the cancellation and new service?
Call Carrytel and ask them what they suggest regarding Rogers cancellation date as things might be out of whack because of the shutdown
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
4149 posts
834 upvotes
Just chatted with "Jess" on Rogers.com... zero promos available. Not even $5 off.

Internet downgraded and cancellation request for May 14th now for TV.
RFD'er since 2007 😎
Nov 21, 2011
2 posts
BRAMPTON
Looking to get rogers internet in Toronto (M6J) - any reps please PM me!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1746 posts
1010 upvotes
Currently with Rogers, promotion is ending mid May 2020

TV - Premier w/ HDPVR 3.0 rental
INT - Gigabit
HP - Basic with 1 feature (i think)
$118 taxes in.

I own 2 boxes and have all 3 set up in the house.

I am currently on Rogers.com doing a chat to see what they have to offer.

I'm not sure if I want to try to change to Ignite for the better modem/router or stick to digital.

Will update once done.
EDIT Rogers.com Online Chat: So the best promotion we have available with the same packages including home phone will cost $133.95 plus tax $151.36 a month for 12 months
Jan 1, 2007
71 posts
43 upvotes
After three attempts (phone, FB chat, Rogers live chat) I ended up with the following Internet (modem rental included) offers:

75 Ignite for $69.99+tax

150 Ignite for $84.99+tax

No way to get anything else in this price range for my area (Toronto).
Aug 24, 2009
852 posts
504 upvotes
Mississauga
FYI - I called to get my credits that expire in mid-May extended, and the Customer Relations guy had a system issue. One loyalty app said there were offers, but another said there were none. He said he has never seen ZERO offers, so believes it is a system problem he's escalating. He suggested calling back in a week. Figure I'd pass the info on!
Deal Addict
May 23, 2009
3681 posts
2388 upvotes
Mississauga
Superman_2099 wrote: Currently with Rogers, promotion is ending mid May 2020

INT - Gigabit
HP - Basic with 1 feature (i think)
$118 taxes in.

I own 2 boxes and have all 3 set up in the house.

I am currently on Rogers.com doing a chat to see what they have to offer.

I'm not sure if I want to try to change to Ignite for the better modem/router or stick to digital.

Will update once done.
EDIT Rogers.com Online Chat: So the best promotion we have available with the same packages including home phone will cost $133.95 plus tax $151.36 a month for 12 months
My services are pretty similar to yours but I'm paying more.

INT - Gigabit
HP - Basic with no feature
Currently paying $113 plus tax ($128 after tax). Cost without discount is $264 plus tax.

I just tried facebook messenger after reading your offer and got offered $143 plus tax for the same services. I'll wait for now.
Apr 29, 2013
164 posts
64 upvotes
CadillacJack wrote: FYI - I called to get my credits that expire in mid-May extended, and the Customer Relations guy had a system issue. One loyalty app said there were offers, but another said there were none. He said he has never seen ZERO offers, so believes it is a system problem he's escalating. He suggested calling back in a week. Figure I'd pass the info on!
Very similar issue. I put in a cancellation date for end of May and even his last ditch effort offers were like $5 off.
May 12, 2004
984 posts
244 upvotes
Just curious, but do people let their past promos expire before they try and get new discounts? In my case it did expire and I paid my 1st bill with partial promotion left over. That's how I noticed my promo expired on my credit card charge notification as I have Rogers auto-bill. Afterward I texted to Rogers chat and FB to negotiate. Both methods yielded discounts with no pleading outside of asking for a lower price plan.

I never started this prior to my plans expiring and paying 1st post bill.
Apr 2, 2011
4 posts
Toronto
Tennoh wrote: Just curious, but do people let their past promos expire before they try and get new discounts? In my case it did expire and I paid my 1st bill with partial promotion left over. That's how I noticed my promo expired on my credit card charge notification as I have Rogers auto-bill. Afterward I texted to Rogers chat and FB to negotiate. Both methods yielded discounts with no pleading outside of asking for a lower price plan.

I never started this prior to my plans expiring and paying 1st post bill.
Curious but how much did they discount and is it a limited-time promotion?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1178 posts
466 upvotes
TheHeeyyy wrote: It's definitely looking like there is credence to this notion that Rogers is reining in the discounts they are offering to existing clients.

We currently have 1 Gbps internet + Popular TV + Crave for $120 per month after taxes, and the credits are expiring next month. When our credits were expiring last year, the "best" deal they could initially offer us was $157 per month. It was after we submitted a cancellation request that they got back to us and offered us what we currently have.

I spoke to Rogers via FB chat today, and the "best" they could offer us was $180 per month.

We're going to call in tomorrow and see if they can offer us a better deal over the phone. If they do not, we will submit a cancellation request. We already got a quote from Bell for Better TV + 50 Mbps internet + Home Phone for $130 per month after taxes. That's not nearly as good as the deal we currently have, but it's still better than what they are offering us now.
Called Rogers today, and what they offered us was even worst than what I got from FB chat ($186 per month).

The rep I spoke to said that their systems aren't providing much of a discount currently, and suggested calling back in two to three days to see if anything better discounts are available. Instead, I submitted a cancellation request for early May.

I'm going to wait a couple of days to see if retentions contact us. If not, we will proceed with signing up for Bell.
Last edited by TheHeeyyy on May 1st, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 12, 2004
984 posts
244 upvotes
fickleton wrote: Curious but how much did they discount and is it a limited-time promotion?
500 for 79.99 and the other offer was 500 for 39.99 with both for 1 yr. I just texted simultaneously through Rogers chat and FB.
Jan 27, 2008
513 posts
211 upvotes
GTA
Tennoh wrote: 500 for 79.99 and the other offer was 500 for 39.99 with both for 1 yr. I just texted simultaneously through Rogers chat and FB.
I was offered 300 for $65when I called in since my promos had expired but I put in the cancellation request for mid May. Then I tried Rogers FB too but no luck to get anything better. How could I get 500 for 39.99? Tips please.
May 12, 2004
984 posts
244 upvotes
Like I said earlier, nothing special done. I opened up to 2 chats same time with different people, just stating that I'm looking for lower price plans than what I currently pay. That I'm acceptable going to slower speeds and that cost was my primary concern. That I have 10+ devices connected as primarily media consumption devices and minimal uploads. I mentioned download speeds wasn't a concern because my home network is based on Wifi 5 (AC) standards than never exceeds 250 mbps anyway and so long as whatever package was 150 down or greater is fine with me. Both checked the plan prices and offered what they had 1st try. I didn't keep on asking if they had anything lower nor did I ever mention I was going to cancel, just evaluate options. I took the offer from FB in this case as it was lower.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)