Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Mar 7, 2006
524 posts
280 upvotes
Did live chat with Rogers this afternoon. My discount is expiring next month, so I asked if they could extend it. They offered me 500U for $50. Seems to be a "decent" deal at the moment so I took it. No time to play the cancel game this year.

Located in L4E (Richmond hill).
Banned
Apr 27, 2014
1327 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
imajin wrote: I put a cancellation in a week ago, didn't receive a call from winbacks, so I called 1-866-600-9112 and left a message with my name, phone number and account number. They called back and gave me Gigabit for $54.99 for 12 months - so happy. They are located in Ottawa so if you have some Ottawa stories that make for good chit-chat it might help your chances!
Did this today, put in cancellation then called the number after an hour and left a voicemail, they called back within an hour and offered me popular+home phone+ gigabit for 105 plus tax, 500 mb was 5 dollars cheaper but gigabit is worth it since I constantly pull down 900mbps. All in all I'm happy.
Jun 16, 2020
38 posts
27 upvotes
feminazi wrote: Here in Kitchener, I cancelled and got a Winback call and the BEST they could do for 500U and Gigabit is 75 bucks plus tax!

I was paying in the mid-50s for Gigabit so to say that I am shocked by the price increase is to understate how I feel pretty significantly.

Bell's fiber doesn't make it all the way to my street so there is literally no competition in my neighbourhood so I guess that means Rogers thinks they can increase the price I am paying significantly. I had to cancel last year for the first time to get a good deal but I did get a good deal for Gigabit.

Is there anyone else in Kitchener that can't get fiber from Bell in their neighbourhood but that has gotten a much better retention deal?

I am considering calling Bell and asking for a really sharp price on their slower Internet package. Rogers offered their 150U for 15 dollars cheaper than 500U and somehow that was supposed to be a good deal . . .

Wow I am not a happy camper!
Check if Cogeco runs cables in your neighbourhood.
Tangerine $25 Orange PIN Referral Bonus
Zoomer Wireless $40.50 per month for 6GB LTE+Unlimited Talk/Global Text plan. $50 Referral Bonus plus $100 New Customer Activation Credit plus free Samsung A20 phone (no monthly tab).
Sep 4, 2014
15 posts
13 upvotes
Yes. I went on live chat and said I'm going to bell if I'm going to be paying full price I may as well be on fiber.. So yes I do have fiber in my neighbourhood
Sep 17, 2012
85 posts
58 upvotes
I cancelled on monday to end service in two weeks. The only email I got so far was one this morning for my final billing details...lol. They are playing hardball this year. The pandenic gouging is disgusting tbh with kids that will almost need internet as a nessesity when school goes back in September. I am in atlantic canada, have fiber to the home, and I share the view of the previous poster that if I am paying full price I might as well get fiber. Was in the news here last night that there may be some pressure for the feds to do something about the gouging wrt student returing to class. On a bell chat a few days ago the rep asked me if I was returning to class and to check back for possible deals later on. Bring on the Starlink!!!!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2301 posts
1269 upvotes
foresthiller2 wrote: Check if Cogeco runs cables in your neighbourhood.
I just checked and Cogeco is not available for me and I don't think it is in my whole area (Kitchener-Waterloo) . . .
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Please PM me if any new customer promotions on Internet, or Internet + cable. Have about 8 months left on a Bell TV + Internet package, and their Internet has been subpar in my area compared to what we previously had with Rogers.

L1X area, thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
markkas wrote: I ended calling the Rogers embassador number posted here a few days ago 1-866-600-9112 after having cancelled our services and was initially going to Bell. Rogers winback never called so i called them.
It went to voicemail. Said they tried to call me and I missed their call in the voicemail (as suggested in this thread previously) and they called 2 hours after.
I was offered gigabyte internet unlimited and basic home phone with 2 calling features for $73+ tax good for 1 year and I took it. We are in Ottawa K0A.

They also offered 500u for $5 less and 300u for $10 less. They also offered giga + home phone + basic TV with Crave for $102 + tax per month good for 1 year.
I'm assuming that line/deal only works for existing customers?
Jun 5, 2020
6 posts
3 upvotes
alkaint wrote: Did this today, put in cancellation then called the number after an hour and left a voicemail, they called back within an hour and offered me popular+home phone+ gigabit for 105 plus tax, 500 mb was 5 dollars cheaper but gigabit is worth it since I constantly pull down 900mbps. All in all I'm happy.
Was this an ongoing discounted price or capped at 1-2 years? Was there any contract?

Also, with Stage 2 reopening and Stage 3 hopefully on the way, is there any news about Rogers permitting installs of ignite for existing customers?
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
mdrs16 wrote: Also, with Stage 2 reopening and Stage 3 hopefully on the way, is there any news about Rogers permitting installs of ignite for existing customers?
They've been claiming a new self installation process for current customers for months. "Coming soon".

Most recent

But I've seen as early as

So how can they be working on it since May and have made no progress? They're just using Covid as an excuse to charge more. There's no plans to let customers switch. And even after they're allowed to enter houses again (which I've been told it's a Roger's policy, has nothing to do with government restrictions), you know things will be backed up so people might still have to wait weeks before having an available timeslot for the install.
Banned
Apr 27, 2014
1327 posts
1076 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mdrs16 wrote: Was this an ongoing discounted price or capped at 1-2 years? Was there any contract?

Also, with Stage 2 reopening and Stage 3 hopefully on the way, is there any news about Rogers permitting installs of ignite for existing customers?
1 year no contract, would have taken two but they aren't offering that, was just glad I got the price i was after but their hold times for cancellation are horrible and they will hang up on you after waiting on hold for 20 mins, easier and faster to do the chat.
Jan 30, 2008
474 posts
386 upvotes
feminazi wrote: You must have Bell Fiber availability to get a sweet price like this, am I right?

My price went up 30 bucks and I think a big part of it is because Bell Fiber doesn't make it all the way to my house so my leverage is non-existent. With that being said, even 150U was still 60 bucks a month on a Winback "deal" after I had cancelled . . . I went with Gigabit for 75 plus tax or something like this but I had it for 56 all-in for the last 12 months.

I can't wait for Bell Fiber to make it to our street. If they offer one of those three years for cheap Fiber deals to get new customers I will just take it unless Rogers matches but I don't see Rogers matching a three year deal.
While my building offers fibe, we have rogers cable included with condo fees, so rogers knows I will never leave.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
4413 posts
1557 upvotes
I officially put in my cancellation request
time to shop around / wait to see if there's a winback offer.
Ebay - 340 - 0 - 0 | Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 82 - 0 - 0 | Grailed - 126 - 0 - 0
Poshmark and Styleforum Feedback as well
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1261 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know of any new customer deals going on right now for internet in the suburbs (not downtown or condo)? My friend lives in Pacific Mall area and is currently paying $50 for 150 mbit from a reseller.

Difference in support is night and day compared to me whos paying $25 a month to Rogers for 500 mbit in Aurora.
Dec 24, 2018
932 posts
1171 upvotes
Canada
FrugalConsumer wrote: Anyone know of any new customer deals going on right now for internet in the suburbs (not downtown or condo)? My friend lives in Pacific Mall area and is currently paying $50 for 150 mbit from a reseller.

Difference in support is night and day compared to me whos paying $25 a month to Rogers for 500 mbit in Aurora.
how does your friend or you get such awesome prices? can you please help cause I am paying right now 60 bucks for 50 mb unlimited.
Aug 9, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, ON here. TV and Internet promos expired July 4, so I contacted Rogers via Live Chat to see what they could do.

Currently, with promos, I've been paying $150 (taxes included) for Premier TV, Crave & HBO Bundle, Ignite 150 Internet, two PVR boxes, and one Wi-Fi modem. The best they could do for me was keep my current package, minus Crave & HBO bundle, for $187 (taxes included). That is NUTS! My condo doesn't have Bell Fibe yet, even though my neighbourhood has it.

Anyone have any suggestions of what to do? I suggested downgrading my TV package and getting rid of a PVR box, but then my bundle discount would disappear and the price would be $197 per month??? Makes no sense.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2301 posts
1269 upvotes
imajin wrote: While my building offers fibe, we have rogers cable included with condo fees, so rogers knows I will never leave.
Yet you still received a great price and I and many others got the shaft. Wow.
Jul 19, 2018
331 posts
210 upvotes
Mississauga
Cancelled yesterday morning. Got the winback call yesterday that I missed. I called the winback number today myself and got Gigabit Internet plus popular Tv package for $135 plus tax.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2009
1165 posts
1753 upvotes
My contribution to this thread. Cancelled yesterday, got win back email today, called in, got 500u for $50 + tax (was on $45 before that switched to $70 automatically).
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2015
1261 posts
1416 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FlyingSausage wrote: how does your friend or you get such awesome prices? can you please help cause I am paying right now 60 bucks for 50 mb unlimited.
One of those resellers (Altima). There's also Carrytel, Teksavvy, and many more.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)