Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2287 posts
1261 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Look up ARPU... robbers has to please shareholders, not customers.
Oh I get that but you would think a decade or two of loyalty is worth something, wouldn't you?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
feminazi wrote: Oh I get that but you would think a decade or two of loyalty is worth something, wouldn't you?
Unfortunately, not anymore.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3165 posts
3125 upvotes
Toronto
JosephL468090 wrote: just live chat twice and fb chat once
I was able to get really good deal before with just chats
it is an easier method for me
I don't think it will be any different with calling in
but I will try it when my deadline is closer
My end date is beginning of Aug
Yeah I want to renew my offer but calling Rogers got me nowhere. I'm hoping that I'll be able to secure a good offer by the end August (when my current promo expires).

However I did receive an offer today for smart stream at 60 bucks a month for the same internet speeds as I have now. If I can't get a good offer by August I'll probably take this, cheaper than most resellers although nearly double what I'm paying now ($35) :(
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
jacnel wrote: Yeah I want to renew my offer but calling Rogers got me nowhere. I'm hoping that I'll be able to secure a good offer by the end August (when my current promo expires).

However I did receive an offer today for smart stream at 60 bucks a month for the same internet speeds as I have now. If I can't get a good offer by August I'll probably take this, cheaper than most resellers although nearly double what I'm paying now ($35) :(
Rogers is simply calling everyone's bluff.
You have time leave them, not accept the same plan with such a huge increase.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3165 posts
3125 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Rogers is simply calling everyone's bluff.
You have time leave them, not accept the same plan with such a huge increase.
If I could find a better offer I would :(
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
jacnel wrote: If I could find a better offer I would :(
Do you need such high speed?
I'm doing just fine with 75/10, having Gigabit the past few years.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3165 posts
3125 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Do you need such high speed?
I share internet with 4 other people so I need the bandwidth unfortunately. Plus we will all be doing school and work online in the fall which means more usage.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41667 posts
29854 upvotes
Center of Universe
jacnel wrote: Not bad I'd be down for that thank you.
$49.95/month for the first 2 years, after $59.95/month...so you know what you're getting into.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
3165 posts
3125 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: $49.95/month for the first 2 years, after $59.95/month...so you know what you're getting into.
I'll be gone by then anyways.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
My current deal expires Sept 5th. What is the best way to contact them? Chat, FB or phone?
Jul 21, 2003
108 posts
12 upvotes
London
Mine expires sept 7.

I tried 3 times but couldn't get any better than $175 for 1 year deal(internet & tv).

Thats $40 more than I pay now for both.

All three said try again at the end of august for a better deal.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
2287 posts
1261 upvotes
rickyroma wrote: Mine expires sept 7.

I tried 3 times but couldn't get any better than $175 for 1 year deal(internet & tv).

Thats $40 more than I pay now for both.

All three said try again at the end of august for a better deal.
I was told to try with one week left before my promotion expired because surely a promotion would be on my account by then. There wasn't one and Winback's offer was unacceptable.

There is a decent chance that the end of August brings deals though . . .
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
I was told end of July there might be deals, so are they just giving fake answers to people to try and keep their hopes up?

Also, what if I were to agree to some 1 year deal that they offer me to stay. Could I continue in the weeks or months after to negotiate a lower price? My deal expires soon, but if there really will be deals to end August, I'll just miss out.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3186 posts
1640 upvotes
Markham
dxbender wrote: I was told end of July there might be deals, so are they just giving fake answers to people to try and keep their hopes up?

Also, what if I were to agree to some 1 year deal that they offer me to stay. Could I continue in the weeks or months after to negotiate a lower price? My deal expires soon, but if there really will be deals to end August, I'll just miss out.
Yes, as its a month to month contract, you can still re-negotiate whenever you want even if its only 1 month after starting the new discount.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2006
1412 posts
767 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: Do you need such high speed?
I'm a new customer and took the 150/15 package, I don't think i'll notice much of a difference and the majority of my devices will be hardwired anyways.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21127 posts
9784 upvotes
Toronto
What are people getting offer for Gigabit internet as part of a Cable and home phone package? I was told $74.99+tax. I pay $40+tax now.
Aug 16, 2013
624 posts
309 upvotes
Toronto
Rogers.jpeg

Paying $29.99 for 500u. Getting the above upgrade offer as promo expiring next month. Thoughts?
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
Got a call from some 1-855 number that the ID said Rogers on it. I didnt answer, but they seemed to think someone was on the line, said my full name on the message, and never said anything after.

Who could be calling from this number?

I googled it and some suggest it's a scam, others say it's not?
https://www.shouldianswer.com/phone-number/8557604838

I asked Rogers CS and at first they denied knowing about the number, then I asked them about Zedd Solutions and they suddenly acknowledged it. Then I found Rogers directly commenting on that number in the past and they verified the legitimacy. But when I asked their CS online, they claimed they needed me to fill out a form before they can look further into the call...

So I don't know what to believe here.
tchai wrote: I can vouch for this $45 deal
I called to cancel 3 days ago. I had been receiving phone calls from 1-855-760-4838 for two days. I finally picked up the phone today and it was Zedd Solutions callings. Zedd Solutions is subcontracted by Rogers to winback customers who cancelled. I immediately told them I was switching to Bell internet for $44+tax for 300GB. He offered me the $45+tax deal with 300GB and free Wifi modem. No contract. However, the price is guaranteed for 8 years immediately starting today.

The $45 deal is for the Extreme package which has 35mbps down/ 3 mbps up
So happy I got this deal. Best deal in town...... next to Bell's deal
Last edited by dxbender on Jul 10th, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

misowong