Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
If I were a Rogers agent (with the ability to offer decent deals) I'd make a killing from this thread alone.

Are those requesting deals actually being contacted by anyone from Rogers?
Jul 13, 2006
150 posts
71 upvotes
Hello folks,

Looking for a deal on an Internet package for my parents. They are currently with Fido and pay $60 for 150mbps. Area code L4J (Vaughan).

Thanks!
Sep 21, 2011
21 posts
5 upvotes
PICKERING
Every time I call Rogers they tell me that to get the Ignite TV bundles I need to do it myself via MyRogers as they are not allowed to do it via the online chat or via phone; it has to be the customer through the MyRogers site.

Does anybody else get that story?

As a reference, Ignite Popular with 500Mbps internet + home phone is $160+tax - that seems expensive to me.
Dec 3, 2008
548 posts
156 upvotes
Does anyone know how to contact a Rogers agent for a deal? L4A postal code
I am a new account.

There used to be an agent that frequented here not sure anymore.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
Can someone with Rogers digital cable AND Amazon Fire TV / Stick confirm if the AnyplaceTV app works on the FIres TV or Stick?
Oct 31, 2004
623 posts
327 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question...How long does it take to be considered a new customer again after cancelling with Rogers?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3293 posts
988 upvotes
at87on wrote: Can someone with Rogers digital cable AND Amazon Fire TV / Stick confirm if the AnyplaceTV app works on the FIres TV or Stick?
It does not
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1329 posts
360 upvotes
I just cancelled and rep said they weren't allowing in-store returns and it had to be by mail. Do you just need to return the modem and power cord? Anyone else returned theirs lately? Do you have to give the coaxial cable as well? Rep just said "whatever cables came with it" but I had mine installed by a tech years ago and can't remember what he brought with him.
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
strippedaway wrote: I just cancelled and rep said they weren't allowing in-store returns and it had to be by mail. Do you just need to return the modem and power cord? Anyone else returned theirs lately? Do you have to give the coaxial cable as well? Rep just said "whatever cables came with it" but I had mine installed by a tech years ago and can't remember what he brought with him.
AFAIK returns never needed to include any accessories, just the unit and power adapter.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2716 posts
1936 upvotes
GTA
strippedaway wrote: I just cancelled and rep said they weren't allowing in-store returns and it had to be by mail. Do you just need to return the modem and power cord? Anyone else returned theirs lately? Do you have to give the coaxial cable as well? Rep just said "whatever cables came with it" but I had mine installed by a tech years ago and can't remember what he brought with him.
Don't listen to the rep. I just returned modem to a Rogers store few days ago. They only needed modem and power adapter back. Hope this helps!
Jul 22, 2009
99 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... -equipment

Scroll down a little for the equipment explanation.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2011
1329 posts
360 upvotes
mcg wrote: AFAIK returns never needed to include any accessories, just the unit and power adapter.
spyhero wrote: Don't listen to the rep. I just returned modem to a Rogers store few days ago. They only needed modem and power adapter back. Hope this helps!
Steelhawk wrote: https://www.rogers.com/customer/support ... -equipment

Scroll down a little for the equipment explanation.
Thanks for the replies! I may try to return in store that way I don't have to worry about it getting there by mail.
Sep 29, 2013
36 posts
38 upvotes
St. Catharines
Hi

Was wondering if anyone knew about any new customer deals for Hamilton mountain linc area

Thanks
Dec 4, 2007
17 posts
My loyalty expired today. I have 500U and Premier TV with Specialty pack and some additional channels. I’ve been paying $52.99 TV and $73.99 INT for total of $126.98 + tax. New bill was going to be $201.26 + tax. I chatted with them through the portal and asked about winback & loyalty. Initially they offered existing services for $154+taxes and after a few more questions they offered me $143 + taxes for 12 months which I accepted. Not bad. I'm in rural Ottawa (K0A).
Jun 29, 2019
502 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
New customer, looking for internet 500u, L6X0W6 area, PM me with price. Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
Just had my 500u expire (or will be net billing cycle.) - I was paying 34.99. Read all of this, and began the regular homework exercise. I went to the rogers website, and it said I was elgible for a discount. It said I could chat with an operator thru Rogers chat on the website, and below is the transcript. No other services for me through Rogers, just internet. Went from $40 to $45...I'm happy with it, but sharing the full chat as it may help here. Originally there was a bundle for smartstream and 500u for $55/mo. I didn't want smartstream, and below is the chat. Good luck everyone!!:
[me] Promo - don't want smartstream
[rogers] Hi , this is XXXX from Rogers in XXXX. Thank you for taking the time to chat with us today! How are you and your loved ones doing?
[me] good - you?
[rogers] I'm doing well, thanks for asking
[me] I received a promo for ignite 500u and ignite smartstream
[me] it's almost double the cost of what I have now
[me] can you remove smartstream and let me know the cost?
[rogers] The promotion will be for both services, usually smartstream only adds about $20 to the cost of internet though
[me] can that be removed as I won't be using it
[me] it's a considerable increase and really don't want to spend the $20 extra
[rogers] If you're just interested in internet pricing, I can go through our current options
[me] sure - that would be great!
[me] thanks!
[rogers] I saw that your current promotion is ending soon, we should have some offers available for loyalty
[rogers] No problem!
[rogers] I have your account number here, I'll just be a moment while I open up the details.
[me] thank you
[rogers] Thanks for waiting . I have everything open now, do you mind if I ask a few questions about the account?
[me] sure
[rogers] Great, thanks. How are you liking your current internet service?
[me] right now it's meeting our needs
[rogers] Awesome, I'm glad to hear that. What was the pricing for the Smartstream offer you saw in your account?
[me] 54.99 - internet 500u and smartstream
[rogers] Okay, and right now you're paying $40 per month for 500u with taces
[me] that's right
[rogers] Let me go through all our offers and compare pricing for the same speed,I'll just be a few minutes
[me] thank you
[rogers] Thanks for waiting. I went through all our current offers, and the best pricing I have for your internet speed without Smartstream is $44.99
[me] ok, and how long is that for?
[me] is that still for 500u?
[rogers] It's a 12 month discount, but it's not a contract so you can make any changes you'd like
[rogers] Yes, for 500u
[me] ok, let's proceed with that please
[me] please add that after the current promo expires
[rogers] Sure! I can do that, I'll set it up now for the end of the montn
[me] perfect, thanks so much
[me] is there anything else needed?
[rogers] I don't think so, I'll leave some notes with the new pricing in your account though
[me] perfect, thanks very much
[rogers] Any time!
[me] is it possible to get a copy of the chat sent to me
[me] so that I have a record
[rogers] Yeup! When  you close the chat you'll have the option to email it to yourself
[rogers] I just finished the notes, so I'll let you get back to your night too
Feb 13, 2013
2 posts
Collingwood
Looking for gigabyte or 500u internet for new customer L3V 4G9 pm thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2007
3032 posts
1083 upvotes
Mississauga
skanji wrote: Just had my 500u expire (or will be net billing cycle.) - I was paying 34.99. Read all of this, and began the regular homework exercise. I went to the rogers website, and it said I was elgible for a discount. It said I could chat with an operator thru Rogers chat on the website, and below is the transcript. No other services for me through Rogers, just internet. Went from $40 to $45...I'm happy with it, but sharing the full chat as it may help here. Originally there was a bundle for smartstream and 500u for $55/mo. I didn't want smartstream, and below is the chat. Good luck everyone!!:
[me] Promo - don't want smartstream
[rogers] Hi , this is XXXX from Rogers in XXXX. Thank you for taking the time to chat with us today! How are you and your loved ones doing?
[me] good - you?
[rogers] I'm doing well, thanks for asking
[me] I received a promo for ignite 500u and ignite smartstream
[me] it's almost double the cost of what I have now
[me] can you remove smartstream and let me know the cost?
[rogers] The promotion will be for both services, usually smartstream only adds about $20 to the cost of internet though
[me] can that be removed as I won't be using it
[me] it's a considerable increase and really don't want to spend the $20 extra
[rogers] If you're just interested in internet pricing, I can go through our current options
[me] sure - that would be great!
[me] thanks!
[rogers] I saw that your current promotion is ending soon, we should have some offers available for loyalty
[rogers] No problem!
[rogers] I have your account number here, I'll just be a moment while I open up the details.
[me] thank you
[rogers] Thanks for waiting . I have everything open now, do you mind if I ask a few questions about the account?
[me] sure
[rogers] Great, thanks. How are you liking your current internet service?
[me] right now it's meeting our needs
[rogers] Awesome, I'm glad to hear that. What was the pricing for the Smartstream offer you saw in your account?
[me] 54.99 - internet 500u and smartstream
[rogers] Okay, and right now you're paying $40 per month for 500u with taces
[me] that's right
[rogers] Let me go through all our offers and compare pricing for the same speed,I'll just be a few minutes
[me] thank you
[rogers] Thanks for waiting. I went through all our current offers, and the best pricing I have for your internet speed without Smartstream is $44.99
[me] ok, and how long is that for?
[me] is that still for 500u?
[rogers] It's a 12 month discount, but it's not a contract so you can make any changes you'd like
[rogers] Yes, for 500u
[me] ok, let's proceed with that please
[me] please add that after the current promo expires
[rogers] Sure! I can do that, I'll set it up now for the end of the montn
[me] perfect, thanks so much
[me] is there anything else needed?
[rogers] I don't think so, I'll leave some notes with the new pricing in your account though
[me] perfect, thanks very much
[rogers] Any time!
[me] is it possible to get a copy of the chat sent to me
[me] so that I have a record
[rogers] Yeup! When  you close the chat you'll have the option to email it to yourself
[rogers] I just finished the notes, so I'll let you get back to your night too
thanks and good job. unfotunately i am still waiting for the winback team call as the regular chat rep could not get me anything close to yours.
i am also $34.99+tax for 500u
so you got $45+tax or including taxes?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
mkannuri wrote: thanks and good job. unfotunately i am still waiting for the winback team call as the regular chat rep could not get me anything close to yours.
i am also $34.99+tax for 500u
so you got $45+tax or including taxes?
Assuming plus tax. Also I’ve used winback the last 3-4 times. This time it was through the regular chat about 20 days before my current promo ended.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)