Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Sep 13, 2012
521 posts
227 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
cleacy1972 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 9:20 pm
Recent call, or awhile ago? I'm already happy with my existing contract and have 12 months left so I wouldn't take it, but overall gigabit+premier+game plus at $99 sounds about the same as the vip+gigabit+centreice I used to have. It's definitely though something for people with upcoming expiry to go after.
I would just add for those with offers about to expire re: VIP+Gigabit - the same service and pricing can be maintained by escalating to management office and beyond.

A 2 year term @ $99 for the 1st year and $109 for the 2nd year isn't a particularly enticing promo regardless of no term commitment. They've played the same routine for the last several years. While you're under no obligation, they're also less motivated once a "hot deal" comes down the pipeline and you're looking to switch over...especially as you're closer to the 2nd year. Less incentive for them to actually earn your business and naturally they're thinking "he/she will just switch to Bell next year." Most importantly escalating to management office and beyond will just lead to "well, you're currently coming up on the 2nd year of a price commitment we think is more than fair." I find it's always better to be at the most aggressive price while actually displaying loyalty, tenure, payment history, etc. Move ahead year by year, escalate and maintain your grandfathered cable + VIP + home phone @ $99 and leave no wiggle room come next year's escalation. You'll be in a better position as I have discovered for the last several years.

Just my $0.02
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4282 posts
2076 upvotes
Northside
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 8:09 am
I would just add for those with offers about to expire re: VIP+Gigabit - the same service and pricing can be maintained by escalating to management office and beyond.

A 2 year term @ $99 for the 1st year and $109 for the 2nd year isn't a particularly enticing promo regardless of no term commitment. They've played the same routine for the last several years. While you're under no obligation, they're also less motivated once a "hot deal" comes down the pipeline and you're looking to switch over...especially as you're closer to the 2nd year. Less incentive for them to actually earn your business and naturally they're thinking "he/she will just switch to Bell next year." Most importantly escalating to management office and beyond will just lead to "well, you're currently coming up on the 2nd year of a price commitment we think is more than fair." I find it's always better to be at the most aggressive price while actually displaying loyalty, tenure, payment history, etc. Move ahead year by year, escalate and maintain your grandfathered cable + VIP + home phone @ $99 and leave no wiggle room come next year's escalation. You'll be in a better position as I have discovered for the last several years.

Just my $0.02
well said.

The retention reps are motivated to move you off the grandfathered VIP plan. I agree, better to just deal directly with the managements office.

As I've stated previously, there have been cases (right here on RFD) where retention reps are changing cable packages without permission (VIP --> Popular or Premier).
#WeTheNorth
Sep 21, 2015
493 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 8:09 am
That's something i'll need to keep in mind for myself when my contract expires this time next year. For vip/gigabit people with upcoming expire dates, this is also likely to be the better choice to maintain a reasonable package/pricing.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2168 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto, ON
How to escalate to the Office of the President? I tried management chat but offered same as the web price
Sep 13, 2012
521 posts
227 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
zaidyboy wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 10:04 am
well said.

The retention reps are motivated to move you off the grandfathered VIP plan. I agree, better to just deal directly with the managements office.

As I've stated previously, there have been cases (right here on RFD) where retention reps are changing cable packages without permission (VIP --> Popular or Premier).
As @zaidyboy mentioned if anyone had any aspect of their service altered/modified without their consent you absolutely must follow up by escalating to management office and beyond. I welcome the opportunity to assist anyone that experienced this in the past and didn't escalate - It's never too late. Otherwise, I would recommend for anyone to document the names, dates, and interaction numbers provided by advisors you've had a live chat with or spoke on the phone with. While calls are recorded more often than not these become unavailable for one reason or another.

Otherwise I just want to add something to what I said above: any new customer obviously has to start somewhere and while I specifically referenced current customers on grandfathered plans I would also advise new customers not to get caught up in the "2 year no term commitment" appeal. I remember when I signed up for home services in 2011 a good friend of mine, who was very familiar with RFD while I wasn't, worked the phone and got me the best deal he could. At the time I wasn't bottom dollar but as mentioned tenure, payment history, etc. does go a long way (when escalating) in the age of bouncing between providers. While that approach works for some, it may not be enticing for others. Having said that, we've seen those escalating on grandfathered plans are indeed succeeding.
Sep 13, 2012
521 posts
227 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
boldventure wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 11:44 am
How to escalate to the Office of the President? I tried management chat but offered same as the web price
Contact management again and at the conclusion of your discussion ask to escalate to office of the President. The advisor will ask you for an opportunity to address your needs/concerns and feel free to state your position but if you can't arrive at a resolution then once again ask to escalate to office of the President. You'll hear back shortly thereafter from them.
Sep 15, 2006
768 posts
222 upvotes
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 12:05 pm
As @zaidyboy mentioned if anyone had any aspect of their service altered/modified without their consent you absolutely must follow up by escalating to management office and beyond. I welcome the opportunity to assist anyone that experienced this in the past and didn't escalate - It's never too late. Otherwise, I would recommend for anyone to document the names, dates, and interaction numbers provided by advisors you've had a live chat with or spoke on the phone with. While calls are recorded more often than not these become unavailable for one reason or another.

Otherwise I just want to add something to what I said above: any new customer obviously has to start somewhere and while I specifically referenced current customers on grandfathered plans I would also advise new customers not to get caught up in the "2 year no term commitment" appeal. I remember when I signed up for home services in 2011 a good friend of mine, who was very familiar with RFD while I wasn't, worked the phone and got me the best deal he could. At the time I wasn't bottom dollar but as mentioned tenure, payment history, etc. does go a long way (when escalating) in the age of bouncing between providers. While that approach works for some, it may not be enticing for others. Having said that, we've seen those escalating on grandfathered plans are indeed succeeding.
Although I was informed that prices would go up, I noticed some additional issues with my last bill (following the price increase), should I just call Rogers and start the process at the lowest level or do I contact management office right away?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2168 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 12:08 pm
Contact management again and at the conclusion of your discussion ask to escalate to office of the President. The advisor will ask you for an opportunity to address your needs/concerns and feel free to state your position but if you can't arrive at a resolution then once again ask to escalate to office of the President. You'll hear back shortly thereafter from them.
Thanks. Is there a contact number of the management office or just chat?
Sep 13, 2012
521 posts
227 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
engman13 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 12:30 pm
Although I was informed that prices would go up, I noticed some additional issues with my last bill (following the price increase), should I just call Rogers and start the process at the lowest level or do I contact management office right away?
If the additional issues are the result of an advisor doing something unexpected/unauthorized I would start at management office. If you need clarification which may help out with an escalation later, it certainly doesn't hurt to call front line customer service and just casually pick their brain about your situation just to get the information you require.
Sep 13, 2012
521 posts
227 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
boldventure wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 12:31 pm
Thanks. Is there a contact number of the management office or just chat?
You can contact management office through their specific live chat window or phone them at (844) 410-5766

Generally speaking I should point out it doesn't hurt to start at front line customer service, especially if the end game is an escalation. It demonstrates a willingness and desire on your part to work the issue and you'd also be following their correct procedure for escalating up the chain of command, It's important to note if your issue/concern can't/won't be addressed by front line customer service don't get frustrated - they're only capable of doing (read: authorized to do) so much,
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2168 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto, ON
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 12:49 pm
You can contact management office through their specific live chat window or phone them at (844) 410-5766

Generally speaking I should point out it doesn't hurt to start at front line customer service, especially if the end game is an escalation. It demonstrates a willingness and desire on your part to work the issue and you'd also be following their correct procedure for escalating up the chain of command, It's important to note if your issue/concern can't/won't be addressed by front line customer service don't get frustrated - they're only capable of doing (read: authorized to do) so much,
Thanks. I already did an fb chat, called retention and did management chat. Since they put notes in my account of all the offers which are $70 higher even downgrading from gigabit to 500u, i think they are using the notes for reference that's why offered were the same. And they kept saying those were the best offers even it's not based from what others got.

My current package is gigabit and extra sport with hbo and tmn (same as vip gigabit promo), 1 hd box and 1 pvr for only $120 all in. And this will end on June 3rd. Offers were $190-$200 all in with 500u and premier. I even mentioned that we have bell fibre and my issue with speed which is just 200-300 mbps wired never resolved by their techinicians from the start until now.
Apr 4, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
Euro2012 wrote:
Apr 16th, 2018 9:03 pm
Yes I was inquiring as a new customer. Seems similar to one of the offers on the first page but the first year seems to be cheaper by ten dollars, activation fee is waived and there is no commitment. Not sure about the other details as the first page doesn't seem to go in much detail for that particular offer. Hope this helps someone when negotiating with Rogers, I got this by calling their 1800 number
I would renew for those prices. Any idea what the comparable rate would be for an existing customer..I've been with them for about 20 years in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
MonkeyTennis wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 2:05 pm
I would renew for those prices. Any idea what the comparable rate would be for an existing customer..I've been with them for about 20 years in Ottawa.
I think that is a tough question to answer with any certainty as there are many many permutations of retention offers (mix and match) and some heavily depend on your location. It does increase your chances when you are well informed and know what Rogers and other competitors (Bell especially) are offering as you can discuss actual figures instead of being vague and just asking for a better offer. New clients almost always get better pricing because that is promotional pricing to entice you to sign up with them. Start with retention then slowly escalate it up the chain, it helps when you demonstrate that you did your best to resolve this via regular channels as someone aforementioned today.

Speaking of the offer i posted yesterday, the agent emailed me again today offering a $100 account credit if I sign up before Friday so it seems they are quite desperate to get sales as I called the regular Rogers number to get that quote and I only mentioned that Bell is offering me a very good Gigabit combo for around 100 dollars, that's all.
Dec 25, 2001
874 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga
Looking for some advice. Moving into a newly built condo in a month and I'm starting to look at who to go with for internet. I contacted both Bell and Rogers through their online chat this morning. The Rogers person gave me a 1-800 number to call to get more information while the Bell rep offered me a package through the chat.

Bell - 500mb unlimited internet, 4k Fibe TV with PVR and home phone for $105 a month for one year
Rogers - Gigabit unlimited internet, Popular TV package and basic home phone for $99 a moth for two years

We don't really need TV as my wife and I rarely watch anything on TV, we stream everything. Does anyone know of any deals on unlimited internet for new customers? Ideally I'd like to go with Rogers as I believe they are still including NHL Centre Ice with their unlimited packages.
Apr 4, 2018
10 posts
1 upvote
Euro2012 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2018 2:58 pm
I think that is a tough question to answer with any certainty as there are many many permutations of retention offers (mix and match) and some heavily depend on your location. It does increase your chances when you are well informed and know what Rogers and other competitors (Bell especially) are offering as you can discuss actual figures instead of being vague and just asking for a better offer. New clients almost always get better pricing because that is promotional pricing to entice you to sign up with them. Start with retention then slowly escalate it up the chain, it helps when you demonstrate that you did your best to resolve this via regular channels as someone aforementioned today.

Speaking of the offer i posted yesterday, the agent emailed me again today offering a $100 account credit if I sign up before Friday so it seems they are quite desperate to get sales as I called the regular Rogers number to get that quote and I only mentioned that Bell is offering me a very good Gigabit combo for around 100 dollars, that's all.
Thanks for the update. A couple of questions. Which of the many phone #'s listed did you start your call with and is the Rogers chat only via Facebook or is there another way to do it. Is it the Rogers Live Chat function you're referring to.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (5 members and 2 guests)

T12321, garneacc, habsfan9, emceeyan, dickydoo