Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
Dmbpjfan wrote:
Apr 24th, 2018 5:16 pm
How? Agent is saying that legacy promotions can’t be extended since they don’t exist anymore
Backoffice agents have the ability to apply ANY grandfathered offer that is still available in the system (they stay in the system for 6 years after being discontinued) so from an execution point its is definitely possible. However if they are willing or allowed to do this is an entirely different issue and I would assume that it would vary from one agent to another.

Always remember one thing: If one agents says it cannot be done, that is not necessarily always true - they might not be able to do it but that does not mean no one within the organization can't (however they will rarely tell you this)
Sep 13, 2012
418 posts
176 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Euro2012 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 12:13 pm
Backoffice agents have the ability to apply ANY grandfathered offer that is still available in the system (they stay in the system for 6 years after being discontinued) so from an execution point its is definitely possible. However if they are willing or allowed to do this is an entirely different issue and I would assume that it would vary from one agent to another.

Always remember one thing: If one agents says it cannot be done, that is not necessarily always true - they might not be able to do it but that does not mean no one within the organization can't (however they will rarely tell you this)
It's misleading to bring up the back office team given the circumstances. The back office team doesn't deal with the public so to suggest they have the ability to apply offers isn't useful because one couldn't/wouldn't escalate to them anyway - just confuses the situation to bring them up. Furthermore, as you mentioned, offers and credits and promotions are so convoluted that keeping track of several years' worth of internal codes is where the back office team come in - they're empowered by front line customer service or management or office of the President or the Ombudsperson to modify/circumvent/clean up the mess created by someone else (generally speaking). Back office isn't in the negotiation game, hence better stick to those that are such as those just mentioned who can work the scenario or if not possible create the work for back office to follow up on.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
100Pacer wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 1:16 pm
It's misleading to bring up the back office team given the circumstances. The back office team doesn't deal with the public so to suggest they have the ability to apply offers isn't useful because one couldn't/wouldn't escalate to them anyway - just confuses the situation to bring them up. Furthermore, as you mentioned, offers and credits and promotions are so convoluted that keeping track of several years' worth of internal codes is where the back office team come in - they're empowered by front line customer service or management or office of the President or the Ombudsperson to modify/circumvent/clean up the mess created by someone else (generally speaking). Back office isn't in the negotiation game, hence better stick to those that are such as those just mentioned who can work the scenario or if not possible create the work for back office to follow up on.
Why? The question was how/why can something be extended if it is discontinued and I explained how it works, essentially that discontinued does not mean vanished. Back office is also a very vague general term - some do have quite a bit of contact with the public (daily) while others likely never get to speak to a customer - either way my main point was that they have access to apply discontinued discounts onto your account and they can easily retrieve them (they don't use codes, those are only used by sales agents and even retention falls under that category, they are using a completely different system - same system actually but they have access to the entire thing while salespeople only have access to the portal that is very limited). You should always start at the bottom and work your way up but you will also waste quite a bit of time doing this and listening to retention agents preach tales about how Rogers service is the best, fastest, etc. trying to justify why they wont give you what you are asking for. Contacting office of the president is definitely not what that department is for but ironically is the one that will most likely yield success both for new and existing clients.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
2804 posts
580 upvotes
Toronto
I'm still paying way to much for mine.

I'm going to pull my home phone to VoIP then call retentions to discuss canceling to get the internet and tv for $140/mo
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11355 posts
1700 upvotes
Markham
Who are you guys calling if you want to get the FTTH bundle?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2631 posts
767 upvotes
TORONTO
RolandCouch wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 2:45 pm
Who are you guys calling if you want to get the FTTH bundle?
Depends on which FTTH bundle you want to get. I was offered a decent one by just calling the sales line, Ill paste that original email again. They then called me 2 more times, once to offer a $100 bill credit and the other to make both years 99.

Hi Chris,

It was an absolute pleasure talking to you today, based on your request I have attached a copy of the promotions we talked about.

If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Premier TV Bundle (Ignite Gigabit)

Ignite Gigabit Internet

1024 mbps download speed + 30 mbps upload speed with unlimited usage
Gigabit Wi-Fi Modem Included
Connect from 7 antennae for a stronger signal + Stream Netflix in True 4K + Download a 4k movie in less than 30 seconds!

Premier TV

4kPVR Nextbox included
Whole Home PVR system record/view recordings from all TVs 8 channels/time with 1 TB of storage
184 + HD Channels
Rogers On Demand

Unlimited Local Home Phone

Unlimited Local Calling

Package also includes:

· Rogers Any Place TV included (watch all your TV channels from any computer, tablet, phone)

· My Rogers App with Game Plus Access (Use your My Rogers login to accumulate points whenever you’re watching a Toronto FC, Blue Jays, Leafs, Raptors game. Use your points towards Blue Jays, Leafs, Raptors, Toronto FC tickets + merchandise and a VIP Experience) https://gameplus.rogers.com/

TOTAL

$99.99/month plus tax – year 1

$109.99/month plus tax – year 2
No Term Commitment with a Two Year Credit Savings Guarantee

All Activation/Installation Fees Waived
May 22, 2016
9 posts
2 upvotes
Am currently on popular/500 84 taxes in. Popular is missing quite a few of our fav channels. Adding them seperately adds up. Was just offered premier and 500 for 107 taxes in. Does this seem like a good deal?
May 22, 2016
9 posts
2 upvotes
Am currently on popular/500 84 taxes in. Popular is missing quite a few of our fav channels. Adding them seperately adds up. Was just offered premier and 500 for 107 taxes in. Does this seem like a good deal?
Sep 21, 2015
490 posts
169 upvotes
London, ON
booboo17 wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 5:24 pm
I wouldn't want it myself (don't care for the additional channels) but that's personal preference. If I needed them, it's a reasonable price. From that offer/my package/another post i've seen, it looks like what's reasonably doable is:

500u $24.99
+
{ select: $34.99, popular: 49.99, premier: 69.99 }

I'd call 500u+popular at $74.98+tax the sweet spot in pricing, but if you need the channels in premier you need the channels in premier.
Aug 8, 2003
259 posts
20 upvotes
Waterloo, Ontario
That is my plan as well. Switch the phone and then wait till they cntact me and say you lost the phone, what can you do to keep my tv and internet.
Super_Chicken wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 2:30 pm

I'm going to pull my home phone to VoIP then call retentions to discuss canceling to get the internet and tv for $140/mo
Sep 21, 2015
490 posts
169 upvotes
London, ON
Super_Chicken wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 2:30 pm

I don't quite understand that - $140/month is a deal?? I consider anything in triple didgets (>$100/month) as 'I need to take a closer look at what i'm spending for media services'
Apr 25, 2018
14 posts
2 upvotes
just wondering what's the best deal for internet only right now...I'm being offered like $80 for 150u. :(
Nov 17, 2016
246 posts
154 upvotes
Jason wrote:
Apr 25th, 2018 9:22 pm
That is my plan as well. Switch the phone and then wait till they cntact me and say you lost the phone, what can you do to keep my tv and internet.
I have done this recently. I was paying 150$ (Tax In) for 150u internet (88$), home phone (22$) with 6 features + Popular TV (40$)
I started by porting home phone (20$+Tax). 3 hours after porting request was done, somebody from rogers porting department called in to confirm porting. On the spot I was offered 114$ for similar package (500u, home phone + 3 features + Popular TV). I told them that phone will be gone, but I would be interested in better internet price. I was told they are authorized to offer just better deal for existing services, no changes. I told them to go ahead with porting.
As soon as porting was done, I called in and cancelled TV and tried to get better price for Internet. All I got was 77$ (Tax In) for 150u.
Called cancellation department and asked to cancel Internet in 3 weeks. I was transfered to Loyalty department and I was offered 150u for 77$ - same offer as before. I was not happy, told them to cancel my service from the date 3 weeks ahead as I am switching to CarryTel.
Next day got an email from winback department asking to call them. I called them back and best offer they would give me was - 68$ for 150u. I told them that I am switching to CarryTel, sorry. They said I already have best deal, so nothing can be done. Note - I was not bluffing, I was switching - that was my plan.
Same day 3 hours later I got a call from winback department, same guy and was offered 500u Internet for 24.99$ + Tax. I took that deal.

If they would have offered 123$ (Price before increase) for all 3 services package before I started cancelling services, I would have stayed without problems. But that price increase (end of previous deal + Internet price increase 8$) just hit me too much for me to stay. So yes, roger called my bluff, when I said that I am going to cancel early in negotiations, so I ended cancelling services and they lost lots of my business - I am paying just 28$ instead of 150$. I wish Rogers just would have reasonable price for every service for every user - new or old.

So if you cancel one service, do not expect lots of offers from them - this is not how they work. Best offers will come when you put in cancellation request and they will test you to see if you are really cancelling or just bluffing. I hate these yearly negotiations with Rogers...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1858 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto, ON
deathsynthe13 wrote:
Apr 26th, 2018 9:12 am
just wondering what's the best deal for internet only right now...I'm being offered like $80 for 150u. :(
With that offer, just go to bell for fibre
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
1858 posts
487 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I escalated mine to the OTP and rep said I will expect a call in 2 business days but 4 days already and nothing. I will call again one last time this weekend, if no luck yet, I'll cancel mine and try bell.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

laoreu, agor50