Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Dec 24, 2017
91 posts
141 upvotes
lel
Embarrassingly, I think I just did something to the thread summary in an attempt to find out what the current deals are like. Sorry guys. The process is making me feel dumb... If anyone wants to throw me a bone and tell me where to find a description of the best deal for existing/new customers I'd very much appreciate it.

EDIT: I am only looking for internet. I will be moving in the next month or so and want to shop around for the best gigabit or 500u deal
Koodo $60 10gb/unlimited plan
Samsung S8 for $504 + tax - $100 GC
Good toilet paper deals
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
11098 posts
3449 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Snorlax91 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 7:13 pm
Is the 34.99 gigabit win back deal restricted to a certain postal code or high rise buildings? I'd like to try my luck. I'm currently paying $70 for 500 down.
I'm not in an area where Bell has fiber to the home/neighbourhood and I was offered the $34.99 gigabit deal through OOTP, so I don't think it's restricted to certain postal codes.
May 25, 2012
59 posts
7 upvotes
Oicx86 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 10:51 am
Hey all. I noticed the first page summary doesn't have anything anymore except the escalation process.

Moving into a new building that only has fiber so I can't move my Teksavvy service.

Any idea on what sort of service/prices I should aim for? Likely just want/need internet. It's been a while since I've had to do the Rogers/Bell negotiation "dance".

Thanks
I’ve just moved into a new building and there was an offer from Rogers in my mailbox. $34.99 a month for the 500u service.
Jul 22, 2010
281 posts
5 upvotes
Markham
Are there any promotions for home internet and home tv(cable) ? My gigabit promotion is expiring this month..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7704 posts
183 upvotes
vitalemontea wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 11:46 am
Are there any promotions for home internet and home tv(cable) ? My gigabit promotion is expiring this month..
did you not read the last 3-5 pages???
Dec 4, 2017
193 posts
55 upvotes
Any advice for people trying to negotiate down the sky-high rates for an account on which a balance is owing, and has been growing for some months because the discount quietly disappeared a while ago? I'm trying to help some friends who have no idea what's going on and have high anxiety. It's taken a couple of months just to get the conversation going, but we are going to sit down tomorrow to discuss how to proceed.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
7783 posts
1345 upvotes
Ontario
IanBrantford wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 12:27 pm
Any advice for people trying to negotiate down the sky-high rates for an account on which a balance is owing, and has been growing for some months because the discount quietly disappeared a while ago? I'm trying to help some friends who have no idea what's going on and have high anxiety. It's taken a couple of months just to get the conversation going, but we are going to sit down tomorrow to discuss how to proceed.
If this is a matter of affordability, there might have to be a discussion of budgets and what may have to go when budgetary constraints are tight. Don’t ever tell Rogers that, however. They will price you down to a lower package and say, “poof, your monthly amount is magically lower”, yeah, because you stripped it down to its most bare package!

Always tell Rogers that you’ve done the analysis and you need “X” TV package, Internet speeds, etc. Let the past pages in this thread give you an idea of what to expect, and the way to achieve it (likely cancel, winback, easiest), so you have a reasonable number for the desired package in mind.

I’ve had reps in the past retroactively apply a promotion, but I don’t recall if it was more than 1 month in the past. They are likely out of luck if it’s been “a while” since it “quietly” dropped off. Tough lesson that no one else is responsible for your bills or the details in them. I’d recommend, as long as they don’t have a habit of missing bill payments, to not have it automatically taken from their bank/credit card so they have to review the bill before paying each month. Otherwise, have a schedule, persistent sticky note, something that warns of any expiring promos. I understand it’s easy to forget after a 2 year promo, for instance, so you have to do something conspicuous (like a “bill board” or something like a cork board where all of this info is just posted and periodically reviewed, etc)
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2629 posts
766 upvotes
TORONTO
Oicx86 wrote:
Jun 10th, 2018 10:51 am
Hey all. I noticed the first page summary doesn't have anything anymore except the escalation process.

Moving into a new building that only has fiber so I can't move my Teksavvy service.

Any idea on what sort of service/prices I should aim for? Likely just want/need internet. It's been a while since I've had to do the Rogers/Bell negotiation "dance".

Thanks
Soliciting content has been removed, everything else remained. But I suggest reading through the thread, members share their offers every day
Nov 14, 2003
971 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto
IanBrantford wrote:
If your friend hasn't paid their bill in months - it may go out to collections. This is not a position of power for negotiations. As my wife had formerly worked for Rogers - she had given me the insight that part of the discussions you have with a CSR is based on the dashboard which they see when they log into your account. This will include comments about how much revenue you have provided on your account, # of phone calls/complaints, even what options are available. This thread has been based on a cancellation tactic which probably will not work in your friend's case because of non-payment.
You might want to talk to their billing dept to clear the debt if its an issue. Sitting on a bill since they lost their savings could have been rectified early. I have heard of forgiveness of some charges especially if you catch it right away but not paying or saying anything is a problem. Consider this to be 2 issues to solve and if you clear the debt you might get better rates if you are not under contract. I assume that your friends let the plan expire not that the savings quietly disappeared (which is not Roger's fault).
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7704 posts
183 upvotes
RobbieL3164 wrote:
Jun 9th, 2018 10:48 pm
Yep, that’s what I did.
At first the agent offered me 39.99 for gigabit and I asked her “can you do better?”
Then I got 24.99 for 500u.
anyone recently been able to get the $24.99/500 u plan?
on live chat and being told it was "a limited promotion and no longer being offered"
Sep 13, 2012
359 posts
152 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
IanBrantford wrote:
If they aren't able to deal with the situation have them phone front line customer service so you can be added as an authorized contact - be sure to have your friends indicate they'd like you to have Level 1 access (this will permit you full access short of cancelling services). Then you can phone management office at (844) 410-5766 and begin the discussion. If need be you can escalate to Office of the President. If they're 2-3 months behind it's not a concern...if they drag if out beyond that it's a question of failing to act, right?
May 2, 2016
185 posts
91 upvotes
Let me tell you my story (Toronto):
Rang up Rogers to get a NEW internet connection (to get rid of my Fibe 300). Agent quoted $34/month for a 60u , said no thanks.
The following week got a call from a lady offering 500u for $49, so I told her that was already paying similar for my current line.
She politely asked if I would hold, when she came back I was offered the fastest GB line for $39/month no contract ...tried not to bite her hand off too quickly.

Full disclosure: I have had a rogers cell phone for >10 years, so they are usually nice to me
May 19, 2017
45 posts
30 upvotes
Just called into winback after getting the email, getting premier + gigabit + upgraded hdpvr + bill credit = $118mth after tax (not including the one time bill credit)
Mar 10, 2014
28 posts
12 upvotes
Barrie
sienna owner wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 2:01 pm
anyone recently been able to get the $24.99/500 u plan?
on live chat and being told it was "a limited promotion and no longer being offered"
I got it last week but through Winback. Live chat and regular retensions staff don't have the offer.
Jan 11, 2017
70 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga
TheRealSwatson wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 3:53 pm
Just called into winback after getting the email, getting premier + gigabit + upgraded hdpvr + bill credit = $118mth after tax (not including the one time bill credit)
How many days before your pre-set cancellation date did you receive your Winback email? I also set a date and just wanted to know when to expect it.
Realtor
Right at Home Realty Inc.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

reemal