Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Dec 4, 2017
193 posts
55 upvotes
Ohmare_Q wrote:
Jun 12th, 2018 2:52 pm
Office of the president renewed my Ignite + VIP bundle for another year. Took many many calls though. Really annoying.
Most people here are counting on (and get) an email back within a couple of days of cancelling. That's one call and one email in return. Can you tell us how your experience differed? I'd like to know how to navigate the glitches in the process.
Dec 4, 2017
193 posts
55 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote:
Jun 11th, 2018 12:27 pm
Any advice for people trying to negotiate down the sky-high rates for an account on which a balance is owing, and has been growing for some months because the discount quietly disappeared a while ago? I'm trying to help some friends who have no idea what's going on and have high anxiety. It's taken a couple of months just to get the conversation going, but we are going to sit down tomorrow to discuss how to proceed.
Thank you to those who responded to this request. It turns out that the account holder had already talked to billing about the current balance and it's going to be dealt with using some delayed payments, not going to collections. However, my friends also needed help to understand that the very high charges were going to continue to pile up -- an intervention is needed.

I'm going to get them to make me an authorised user for Tier 1 support, and see if I can get a much better rate for the time being. It won't be the ideal winback levels right away. I'll get them paying their bills on time for a few months before attempting a cancellation-winback. They are extremely skittish about continuity of service. I'll try to get them help by degrees.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2735 posts
670 upvotes
NORTH YORK
Can anyone share the winback phone number?

I cancelled my internet last week, for an effective date next week but didn't get any winback email. Have read for others it went to spam folder so I may have lost it, wanted to call winback directly and asked if they had anything for my account.
May 11, 2009
542 posts
140 upvotes
IanBrantford wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 1:12 am
Most people here are counting on (and get) an email back within a couple of days of cancelling. That's one call and one email in return. Can you tell us how your experience differed? I'd like to know how to navigate the glitches in the process.
Called and cancelled and never received a winback e-mail. Called back numerous time and tried chats only to get offered Premier + Gigabit for $150 a month. Sent an e-mail to the office of the president and they extended my current promo for another year.
Dec 11, 2009
428 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I tried escalating it further after not getting a good deal with the Winback department and eventually ended at the office of the president, they would still not give me anything better then $79.99 per month for Gigabit service. Now that I ran out of options I'm moving to bell which gives you 960Mbps upload (vs 30Mbps w/ rogers) on the gigabit service.

They maintained the usual lie that "It's dependant on postal code". I really hate rogers.
Jul 3, 2007
972 posts
1130 upvotes
Toronto
I have a 1 year contract since last august paying $172.77 all in for ignite 150U , home phone and popular cable with HBO/TMN, Superstation , HDTV package

what can I expect for a new contract if I cancel and call winback ?
Apr 19, 2017
1 posts
Is there any new deals for new customers?
Can't seem to find any posts for it.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2004
3769 posts
180 upvotes
Markham
rob444 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 11:10 am
Can anyone share the winback phone number?

I cancelled my internet last week, for an effective date next week but didn't get any winback email. Have read for others it went to spam folder so I may have lost it, wanted to call winback directly and asked if they had anything for my account.
1-866-600-9112

Called winback yesterday after putting in cancellation on Monday, it seems they already had an offer ready for me when I called in. The rep just went through the additional cable packages and internet speed I needed and gave me this offer:

Premier Cable w/ FTV/FTV2 and US Timeshifting Pack, gave me my existing rental Nextbox free to keep (I did not know they did that, I've only heard of rent to own), 500u Internet, and basic home phone (only kept it because they said it would lock-in these prices for 2 years if bundled) for $123 tax-in.
Mar 15, 2010
395 posts
30 upvotes
Since Ignite TV IPTV is out, anyone tried to get a deal from ret or winback?
They want over $200 for Gigabit and popular and home phone with one box!!
Oct 1, 2007
215 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Today I called them since my VIP+Gigabit expires in July and they said someone would call later on to see what they could do. They actually called like an hour later and I have essentially the same package but 500u instead of gigabit so I think I did okay.

No contract though so if anything increases I would probably cancel.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2012
2629 posts
766 upvotes
TORONTO
compile wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:16 pm
Is there any new deals for new customers?
Can't seem to find any posts for it.
It's mostly a retention/loyalty thread. It did get out of hand with soliciting for a while but RFD cleaned that up and most of those people stopped posting shortly afterwards. There are still quite a few solid members on here so I am sure if you provide your postal code or your neighbourhood and what you are looking for, they will be able to offer you some insight.
Dec 16, 2006
105 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
seadooxp30 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:48 pm
Since Ignite TV IPTV is out, anyone tried to get a deal from ret or winback?
They want over $200 for Gigabit and popular and home phone with one box!!
I was also told about a mandatory installation fee of 150.00. Absolutely insane pricing! Luckily, my gigabit bundle does not expire until September so I'm hoping there will some kind of promotional pricing on IPTV by then or its off to Bell
Jul 22, 2009
47 posts
37 upvotes
Ottawa
Euro2012 wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 1:32 pm
It's mostly a retention/loyalty thread. It did get out of hand with soliciting for a while but RFD cleaned that up and most of those people stopped posting shortly afterwards. There are still quite a few solid members on here so I am sure if you provide your postal code or your neighbourhood and what you are looking for, they will be able to offer you some insight.
Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
2735 posts
670 upvotes
NORTH YORK
i-o_o-i wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 12:25 pm
1-866-600-9112

Called winback yesterday after putting in cancellation on Monday, it seems they already had an offer ready for me when I called in. The rep just went through the additional cable packages and internet speed I needed and gave me this offer:

Premier Cable w/ FTV/FTV2 and US Timeshifting Pack, gave me my existing rental Nextbox free to keep (I did not know they did that, I've only heard of rent to own), 500u Internet, and basic home phone (only kept it because they said it would lock-in these prices for 2 years if bundled) for $123 tax-in.
I called yesterday also but they had no deal to offer at all. Just the basic Ignite 60 for $49.99 which any CSR can offer. Was hoping for the 500 or GB at $25 or $35, but oh well. Kind of annoying also they make their long time customers jump through all these hoops to get good deals in the first place, and then are so selective of who are worthy of the deals and who isn't.

Anyways will be cancelling and going with the current Teksavvy promo of $30 for their DSL 50.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
3130 posts
809 upvotes
GTA
Have VIP + Gigabit + Home Phone. Had not noticed but this month the bill has reverted from the discounted ~$175 to $355. Anybody with a similar package recently get a quote?
And is emailing the office of the president the best option? Seems most people aren't getting anywhere strictly off the phone anymore.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

KenB28, smooth1975