Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4242 posts
2072 upvotes
Northside
croyd wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:32 am
Any new Rogers customers still able to get the $24.99/month deal for 500u? I just live chatted with them and they said they can't do that. Does this deal still exist? I'm trying to get this deal for my parents who lived in a detached home in Scarborough.
Postal code restricted. Depends if your area has BELL FTTH.
#WeTheNorth
Feb 13, 2017
940 posts
1252 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:34 am
Then that is fine. HBO doesn't come with VIP, it's still an add on.

You can get all sports channels on Popular as well. NBA TV is a bonus channel, if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah true...oh well..im happy my bill did not go up and i got to keep 1GB and a good tv package without even having to talk to anyone lol.
Jan 11, 2007
218 posts
31 upvotes
Got a 12-month, no contract offer for Rogers Gigabit @ $49.99 + tax.

Not the best deal but will live with it until I get a better offer from Bell FTTH and/or Rogers.

*** Had to go all the way to booking a cancellation appointment and got a call back next morning at 9am with this offer.

Anyone get a better deal on Gigabit in recent days/weeks?
Dec 30, 2013
140 posts
58 upvotes
Bradford
Cancelled Rogers as the 2 year promo was up. Received a call from (866) 622-7578 with the following offer:

Gigabit internet
Premier TV
1 PVR + 3 other boxes

Total $129 + tax ($144 tax-in). This is $15 more per month than I was paying under the previous package. The challenge is we're in a Rogers restricted area, granted we are looking at IPTV as an option.

Is the number I was given above the retentions number or winback? This would determine if I have an opportunity at a better rate,
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
11925 posts
1429 upvotes
Kanata
If people could post their city/location, that would be great, as I find that some deals are not available in all areas and it would be helpful to know where people are who are getting these deals. A bit more ammunition, and a target that we should be trying to reach.

Thanks!
Dec 16, 2006
117 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
crocp8 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:23 am
I am on the $99 1GB/VIP TV package from 2 years ago..promo expires Sept 3rd.

I just spoke to chat and asked if they could extend....they said not, but offered me this..

$103 ($3 more than currently paying)..

1GB internet
Premier TV
All rentals included
24 month savings guarntee

I took it....

Good deal i assume?
Darn. My discounts expiry in September too and I was offered nearly website pricing for the same exact bundle. Do you by chance have a chat confirmation number I could reference too to score the same deal?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
9656 posts
2126 upvotes
Markham
My 2 years with Rogers is Expiring. I'm paying around $135 with a home phone line, Ignite 100u Internet and Basic TV.

What should I negotiate or expect to get if I call rogers to extend for another 2 years?

I like the speed of my internet because I work from home, so a fast connection is a must. I wish to have a better TV package, but it was too expensive when I was trying to get a better pkg 2 yrs ago.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015
Sep 7, 2010
57 posts
11 upvotes
Ruski1982 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 10:50 am
Got a 12-month, no contract offer for Rogers Gigabit @ $49.99 + tax.

Not the best deal but will live with it until I get a better offer from Bell FTTH and/or Rogers.

*** Had to go all the way to booking a cancellation appointment and got a call back next morning at 9am with this offer.

Anyone get a better deal on Gigabit in recent days/weeks?
Just a few posts before yours someone quoted "gigabit for $39.99 + tax (modem included)". Maybe it's a case of YMMV or if you're in a Bell FTTH area, but if you're dealing with the true Winback department there might be more room.
Sep 7, 2010
57 posts
11 upvotes
paqua17 wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 11:18 am
Cancelled Rogers as the 2 year promo was up. Received a call from (866) 622-7578 with the following offer:

Gigabit internet
Premier TV
1 PVR + 3 other boxes

Total $129 + tax ($144 tax-in). This is $15 more per month than I was paying under the previous package. The challenge is we're in a Rogers restricted area, granted we are looking at IPTV as an option.

Is the number I was given above the retentions number or winback? This would determine if I have an opportunity at a better rate,
That's not the Winback phone# that's been posted throughout the thread recently, but the offer could be close to what folks are getting through Winback if you need to pay for box rentals. Gigabit, Premier, and HP has been around $110 + tax excluding boxes (or 500u, Premier, HP for $99)... but box rentals can add up quickly.
You might want to ask if any of your past plans had a rent-to-own policy included; if you've paid-off your boxes they'll need to update your account info but then the rental fees disappear.

Also, Winback did have a promotion for 1 free year of TMN/HBO which you could ask about.
Dec 16, 2006
117 posts
10 upvotes
Markham
Scored via FB messenger

$107 + 19.58 = 143.03 taxes in for the following:

1GB internet
Premier TV
Home Phone (+19.58)
All rentals included
2 years no contract and savings guarantee
Last edited by triptronix on Jul 12th, 2018 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1122 posts
122 upvotes
That's Unpossible wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 2:42 pm
That's not the Winback phone# that's been posted throughout the thread recently, but the offer could be close to what folks are getting through Winback if you need to pay for box rentals. Gigabit, Premier, and HP has been around $110 + tax excluding boxes (or 500u, Premier, HP for $99)... but box rentals can add up quickly.
You might want to ask if any of your past plans had a rent-to-own policy included; if you've paid-off your boxes they'll need to update your account info but then the rental fees disappear.

Also, Winback did have a promotion for 1 free year of TMN/HBO which you could ask about.
Crap, just realized that's the number I got a call from too... They told me there were 20 or so agents in that office from the Ottawa area and everytime I called it back it went to that office
Sep 13, 2012
489 posts
212 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
stevewk wrote:
Jul 12th, 2018 9:05 am
New white CODA modem (recently forced to switch from black Hitron) went unresponsive after a software update got pushed this morning. Had to power cycle it twice to get it back up and running after the household was complaining about no Internet. The black Hitron was rock solid for 2 years straight so hopefully this doesn't become a frequent occurrence with this newer CODA modem.
Agreed. If given the option, would stick with the Hitron no matter what...unless of course you're after 500U or "Gigabit"
Jul 11, 2018
2 posts
Today, was offered $69.99 for 500u, and was told that's the best that I could get after saying I would leave them for Bell.
Sep 7, 2008
146 posts
25 upvotes
The rep did add the movie network for 2 years and I was pleasantly surprised to find out it also included HBO Canada for 2 years as well. He must have added them both as a bundle.
navdeepnippy wrote:
Jul 5th, 2018 10:11 am
I think I got one of the better deals as well:

gigabit internet/premiere cable with one bonus channel + paying extra for one channel/ 4k PVR rental/ new gigabit modem for 111.25 per month taxes in for 2 years

The rep also said that once I have exchanged the equipment, he will be able to add the movie network for free for 24 months as well.

4k pvr discount is only for 12 months but rest are all for 24 months.

Also got the 50 dollar goodwill discount.

This was my 3rd call yesterday where the first rep through cancellation route didn't offer much deals and then trasferred me to another department which must have been the real retention/winback department.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

LNahid2000