Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2007
1100 posts
107 upvotes
Bryce Lachance wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 11:14 pm
So it was a long shot. Someone gave me the number of a Bell rep from last year ago. I figured, what the hell, might aswell try. The original rep had moved on to another department but the replacement guy.

I explained that I wanted 940/940 SMB internet with phone and tv. once he quoted me everything and gave me a price, he asked me for the name of my businenss and the business registration number. i explained to him that i didnt have one, i just wanted the service for residential use. he told me to wait and that he would do a thing.

I told him that my rogers deal is ending and that I will be switching to Bell and bringing 3 services over.

He emailed me the order number and locked in a date. He then locked in a date that I could change, so that I could still get the deal, even though my rogers deal was ending in september.

I just got off the phone with him to finalize details. He gave me a work order and froze the deal so that I can get it at the end of September. He told me that I'm the only residential user that managed to get this deal and that he didn't even know how i knew about it.

He told me that he froze the deal because today was the last day for it.

He also told me that if Bell called, to tell them that I'm an accountant.
YMMMMMMMMMMV
Dec 27, 2013
178 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Fusingcrib wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 9:28 am
Just received mail from Rogers that they are extending my $99 for 1GB/VIP cable promotion for another 12 months. So I don't have to worry until September 2019. YMMV?
You received an email (or letter mail?) out of the blue from Rogers extending your $99/month promo?
Oct 4, 2008
336 posts
73 upvotes
Bryce Lachance wrote:
Jul 20th, 2018 12:41 pm
I'm currently with Rogers. My deal is coming to an end and I called Rogers to get the exact date that my deal is ending, which is apparently September 23, 2018.

I live in Orleans, Ontario and I'm switching to Bell since they dug up our road last summer and laid fiber lines to everyone's home.

The secret I've found is not something I would have initially thought.

Even though your a residential user (Home user), SKIP the residential service. I went straight to the Bell Small Business service, where they apparently bend over backwards to throw deals at you.

Here is what I managed to deal and I'm pretty impressed with myself.

Lan line home phone (not VoIP but with still all the features, I did not need this but my parents still want one)
Good TV Package (130 channels) +every single sports package (never asked for the sports package, it was thrown in without me asking)
Fiber to the door with 940Mbs down AND 940Mbps UP
500$ in credits, making the first 6 months Free
Waived 100$ installation Fee
3 Year deal (instead of rogers 2 year deal)
111.29$ a month after 6 months for the remainder of the 3 years.

I can't wait
Just in case you aware... there is a 3-year "commitment " for Bell Small Business services.

The early cancellation fee for EACH of Bell Small Internet, Phone, and TV services is based on the followings:

"50 % of monthly rate before discounts up to a maximum of $25.00/mo. X no. of months remaining in Fixed Term, up to a maximum of $500.00." (x3 services)
See Schedule A at https://www.bell.ca/Styles/all_language ... -22_EN.pdf

Since you receive $500 credit upfront, it is "fair".
Aug 5, 2017
15 posts
272 upvotes
Pbc100 wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 6:30 am
You received an email (or letter mail?) out of the blue from Rogers extending your $99/month promo?
Yea I received letter mail from Rogers that morning. Didn't expect Rogers to extend the promotion
Sep 17, 2009
77 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa, Ontario
maho wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 8:07 am
Just in case you aware... there is a 3-year "commitment " for Bell Small Business services.

The early cancellation fee for EACH of Bell Small Internet, Phone, and TV services is based on the followings:

"50 % of monthly rate before discounts up to a maximum of $25.00/mo. X no. of months remaining in Fixed Term, up to a maximum of $500.00." (x3 services)
See Schedule A at https://www.bell.ca/Styles/all_language ... -22_EN.pdf

Since you receive $500 credit upfront, it is "fair".
Yes I am aware, I don't plan on cancelling early. Plus the 1 extra year (3 years vs 2 years) gives me 1 more year of peace of mind before I have to go hunting for another deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4191 posts
2060 upvotes
Northside
Fusingcrib wrote:
Jul 18th, 2018 9:28 am
Just received mail from Rogers that they are extending my $99 for 1GB/VIP cable promotion for another 12 months. So I don't have to worry until September 2019. YMMV?
and this is another reason why I was telling someone on RFD not to renegotiate their contract until you get closer to your contract expiration date. There is no reason for anyone to re-negotiate 4 or 5 months out.
#WeTheNorth
Sep 13, 2012
484 posts
210 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
zaidyboy wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 12:57 pm
and this is another reason why I was telling someone on RFD not to renegotiate their contract until you get closer to your contract expiration date. There is no reason for anyone to re-negotiate 4 or 5 months out.
^^^This.
Dec 1, 2006
807 posts
40 upvotes
London, ON
Just got one gigabyte for $88 taxes in, past 2yrs had 250 for 74,99 plus tax
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1797 posts
142 upvotes
Toronto
What's the best number to call for Winback? I canceled last Monday and still no email or call or mailer. I called the 1855 number on this thread and the lady just gave me the exact same deal they originally gave me when I said I would cancel! She said "we don't match other companies" so I am like so you're not going to do anything to keep my business? She said no offers except a shitty $124 for Ignite 60U and Popular TV. :s

And now live chat on FB is offering the same deal as well. When I mention when my neighbour in my condo got and some offers here, they said "those are better than employee deals. Can I get their account number to check?". I'm like wth. I have my neighbour's name but why would I get their account number. These people have made no attempt to offer me anything other than a shitty offer.

I am going to try 1-866-600-9112 that I see posted on this thread. This is the better winback number or am I going to get another useless, same cancelation offer there?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1186 posts
266 upvotes
rockthecasbah wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 7:46 pm
What's the best number to call for Winback? I canceled last Monday and still no email or call or mailer. I called the 1855 number on this thread and the lady just gave me the exact same deal they originally gave me when I said I would cancel! She said "we don't match other companies" so I am like so you're not going to do anything to keep my business? She said no offers except a shitty $124 for Ignite 60U and Popular TV. :s

And now live chat on FB is offering the same deal as well. When I mention when my neighbour in my condo got and some offers here, they said "those are better than employee deals. Can I get their account number to check?". I'm like wth. I have my neighbour's name but why would I get their account number. These people have made no attempt to offer me anything other than a shitty offer.

I am going to try 1-866-600-9112 that I see posted on this thread. This is the better winback number or am I going to get another useless, same cancelation offer there?
1-866-600-9112 is the number on my email from winback.
Dec 17, 2017
45 posts
15 upvotes
From win-back if you don't need premier/gigabit and want to save a few bucks: Select tv and 500 mbps for $55+tax.
Sep 21, 2015
490 posts
169 upvotes
London, ON
stacksonstacks wrote:
Jul 21st, 2018 11:46 pm
From win-back if you don't need premier/gigabit and want to save a few bucks: Select tv and 500 mbps for $55+tax.
That pricing was also available 4 months ago (wow, it's been 4 months already!) when I took the higher priced 500u+popular at $74.98+tax.

They were also willing to offer 500u+ starter at $45 (if I remember right). The problem with starter is it only allows for 1 box in use. If you have multiple boxes, it's an additional $7 to activate them: That alone takes you on-par with the select pricing.

Unless you're really pinching pennies, i'd suggest the incremental value with popular at these price levels rather then select or starter is much better. Premier ended up being another +$20 (~94.98+tax), but (my opinion!) doesn't provide the channels to be worth it.
Sep 27, 2003
9321 posts
2153 upvotes
Newmarket
My 2 year $99 VIP + GIGABIT will be expiring in Sep. I wonder if I will get the extension notice. According to my most recent invoice, my promotions are still set to expire on Sep 2, 2018.
RFD Forums Moderator
Corporate Account Manager for a Bell Mobility Reseller
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1360 posts
474 upvotes
ON
Is it recommended to call win-back without contact from them first?
Has anyone had success doing this?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)