Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Sep 21, 2015
492 posts
170 upvotes
London, ON
GSRee wrote:
Jul 23rd, 2018 11:38 pm
What's with the lies to avoid the cancellation request? Are they penalized for failing to make the "save"? Or like you said is it simply because it works a lot of the time? My agent lied to me too (either that, or she's not very familiar with the calendar, and since she works in retentions I'm pretty sure she knows what the current cancellation window is):
The person you're speaking to's job isn't to place a cancellation request on your behalf: It's to NOT place one. If enough get placed, they get fired for failing at their job.
Jul 13, 2018
13 posts
Ontario
Wow. Just wow.

Been waiting for a call back from Retentions after placing my cancellation. Nothing yet so I just chatted them. I have 100u now for $64.99. Best they can offer me after speaking with senior management is 150u for $69.99 plus taxes.

How in the hell is everyone getting these 500u for $25 or $35 deals? I've been with Rogers for many years and also have 6 cell phones with them, which will all be switched as well.

The agent mentioned someone tried calling me July 21 and left a voicemail. I told her there is no history on my phone of the call, and definitely no voicemail left. What liars!! That's it I've had it. Calling Teksavvy today to place my order.
Sep 7, 2010
57 posts
11 upvotes
KenB28 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 11:17 am
Wow. Just wow.

Been waiting for a call back from Retentions after placing my cancellation. Nothing yet so I just chatted them. I have 100u now for $64.99. Best they can offer me after speaking with senior management is 150u for $69.99 plus taxes.

How in the hell is everyone getting these 500u for $25 or $35 deals? I've been with Rogers for many years and also have 6 cell phones with them, which will all be switched as well.

The agent mentioned someone tried calling me July 21 and left a voicemail. I told her there is no history on my phone of the call, and definitely no voicemail left. What liars!! That's it I've had it. Calling Teksavvy today to place my order.
I put this together a little while ago and it could help in your situation... getting in touch with Winback is the key.
link
Jul 13, 2018
13 posts
Ontario
That's Unpossible wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 12:56 pm
I put this together a little while ago and it could help in your situation... getting in touch with Winback is the key.
link
Do you still have the Winback number to call?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2323 posts
300 upvotes
KenB28 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 1:09 pm
Do you still have the Winback number to call?
I saw someone posted this in a previous message: 1-866-600-9112

Have not tried, so cannot confirm what you'll get if you dial it :)

EDIT: Got my "winback" email about an hour ago, so I can now confirm that is the correct number. I only asked for internet-only deals, and I was offered:

60U for $25
500U for $30
Gigabit for $40

Good for 12 months, no contract, not price locked (meaning if they increase rates by $5 in a few months, then your price will go up by $5)
Last edited by GSRee on Jul 24th, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 13, 2012
517 posts
225 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
KenB28 wrote:
Jul 24th, 2018 11:17 am
Wow. Just wow.

If I were you I'd start with a call to management office with the aim of escalating to Office of the President. Wireless is their bread & butter in terms of profit margins so for an individual with 6 wireless accounts I suspect the advisor *would* make it worth your while to make up for the hassle/inconvenience and to earn your business going forward. If nothing else, some goodwill credits to make it worth your while to stay. And of course, down the road nothing preventing you from exploring your options elsewhere.
Oct 17, 2013
215 posts
113 upvotes
I just accepted an offer for my in-laws. I would have pushed harder if it were my account but they were happy with the deal

Popular(PVR & HD box) with Canada time shifting, home phone with long distance and internet 30 for $112 plus tax with first month free. 2 year deal, savings guaranteed only. One year deal would have been $97 plus tax. Two year deal $90 without home phone. Mentioned a standalone 60U for $25, but when he added it he said it took away Tv bundle discount. No contract

Cancelled on July 15 through online chat (Offered $155 for same services). Did receive anything from Winback so I called 1-866-600-9112. They only seemed concerned that cancellation was on file and didn't ask how I got the number. Hope this helps someone.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2008
4932 posts
954 upvotes
Milton
Rogers D2D just came by and offered me this:

Rogers Ignite Gigabit + Unlimited Bandwidth
Select TV
2 Years
No Contract
No Fees (incl installation)
Will cover Bell Termination fee
=$84.99 plus tx

Worth taking? My current Bell deal is similar but $99.99 with better TV package + Home Phone (which we dont use).
Feb 25, 2007
65 posts
12 upvotes
2 year deal is up Aug. 16 - cancelled and got a winback call.

Offer:
TV: Premier with TMN/HBO - CDN Timeshifting - Premier Specialty Pack + 1 Bonus Channel
Cable: Ignite 150U
Phone: 1000 min. U/L CDN US
$164.99 + taxes

2 year deal (no contract0

Good deal or can I get better?
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3152 posts
527 upvotes
GTA
I was on the $99 Rogers gigabit ignite and had the whole tv package with movies and sports. It expired last month so I was ready to cancel.
Called retentions today, had cannet deal prepared and told them that I want retentions or I'm cancelling my whole package. They tried to charge me $320 regular price for these services.
The CSR gave me the 24 month price lock for
Ignite gigabit ulimited (only bummer is I had to change my black router for the white one and people report speed issues)
Premier specialty pack
Total came out to $110 plus tax each month so I'm happy as the internet is the most important thing for me.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2010
1492 posts
549 upvotes
ON
Very nice @jarko . I hope I get as lucky as you. My ignite bundle ends in Sept. I am waiting for my time.
May 8, 2018
15 posts
Quick question, my Rogers contract expires on September 28, when will be a good time to cancel without getting over charged
Jul 23, 2018
3 posts
Ottawa
Currently with Bell and looking better deals since my promo is expiring and Bell wont give me much love. I chatted with Rogers and got the offer below. I haven't been with Rogers for years. Is this any good?

• Popular TV package with 130+ Stations
• 1 bonus channel of your choice from particular Bonus channel list
• 1 HD PVR to record 8 shows together and watch it from any TV in the house
• Ignite 500u Comes with Dual band 5G speed support Wi-Fi Modem
• Unlimited Usage and High speed up to 500 mbps
• Premium channels Subscription for 2 Months of free HBO and The Movie Network
• Installation charge of $49.99 is waived, One Time new Connection fee of $14.95
• $129.99/month with 24 Months Guaranteed Savings, Without the contract
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2323 posts
300 upvotes
shawn565 wrote:
Jul 25th, 2018 12:39 pm
Quick question, my Rogers contract expires on September 28, when will be a good time to cancel without getting over charged
I was told you have to be within 45 days to cancel, so you'll definitely have to wait for mid August.

But are you sure you're on a contract? I thought I was, but they said it was just a 2 year price guarantee not a contract so I could have left at any time. And even if I was on contract, being a month or two from the end means only a few bucks penalty, so if you're going to save a bunch by cancelling no need to wait.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)