Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Dec 24, 2012
114 posts
118 upvotes
TriumphantTurkey wrote: Is there a specific Facebook profile for internet or did you just message them on their main page? Haven't been having any luck with deals and Fido is screwing me.
It was just Rogers main page.
Feb 10, 2019
11 posts
1 upvote
Any cheaper Rogers Gigabit deals in Mississauga? Mine
expires in March 2021. I have $37.99 plan for Gigabit as of now. They
already increased once in Sep from 34.99 to 37.99.

Postal Code- L5B
Jan 28, 2021
7 posts
2 upvotes
New Rogers customer. Looking for a rep to contact me about 500u or gig services. Scarborough M1T
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2013
2924 posts
1908 upvotes
Moon
Just got 39.99 for 300mbs for 12 months
Koodo, Public Mobile, Lucky Mobile Customer
Jan 28, 2021
1 posts
Looking for Rogers deal for me and my neighbour.

L1Z postal code. Rogers rep for the area please PM. Thanks!
Dec 13, 2020
324 posts
257 upvotes
Guelph ontario
I just signed 300 for 39.99 so that's the going rate I guess
Nov 17, 2010
592 posts
343 upvotes
Thornhill
Existing customer with 500u internet, promo ending in 2 months
L5M
Thanks!
Feb 5, 2013
480 posts
529 upvotes
I recommend y'all to PM the Rogers FB chat instead of posting your postal codes here. I got 500U Internet for $48.58 tax in, 12 month contract
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Jun 22, 2014
10 posts
23 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
awesomep0ssum wrote: I recommend y'all to PM the Rogers FB chat instead of posting your postal codes here. I got 500U Internet for $48.58 tax in, 12 month contract
Who did you talk to? And were you an existing customer?
Feb 5, 2013
480 posts
529 upvotes
acmkhan786 wrote: Who did you talk to? And were you an existing customer?
Rep was George. Yes, I'm an existing customer living in Toronto (near Casa Loma)
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
Sep 11, 2015
46 posts
40 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Any reps around L4T ?? EXISTING customer paying $115/month. Up from $100/month and promotion expiring Feb. 15th.

Currently have Ignite Internet Gigabit Unlimited
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2006
1161 posts
437 upvotes
I've heard there are two different cable modems. One that's "old" and a newer better one. Anyone have experience with this?
Jun 21, 2010
781 posts
628 upvotes
London
Looking for Rogers rep. for the N5P area. I want TV & internet.
Thanks
TELUS Mobility
CAN/US $30 75GB x 4
CAN/US POM Tablet $0.00 x 2
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
VivienM wrote: Rogers uses the word "Ignite" for two very different things:
- "Ignite Internet", which has been offered in the legacy billing system with the Hitron CGN3-family modems and the white CODA-4582 and replaced the previous branding for their Internet, I think it was the Hybrid Fibre X branding, or did they have another name between Hybrid Fibre and Ignite? (before Hybrid Fibre X, it was Hi-Speed Internet Express/Extreme/Ultimate/etc), and
- "Ignite TV", which is the IPTV platform on the Comcastic billing system with the black gateways, the tiny IP-based TV boxes, the lousier home phone, etc.
(I believe it is now possible to get "Ignite Internet" without the TV portion on the Comcastic billing system, in which case you get the black Comcastic gateway as well. This is a relatively new development, before then all standalone Internet customers were on the legacy billing platform)

You are on the legacy billing system, as you have to be to have the "cable" TV boxes, with a recent gigabit Internet plan and the white modem that exists in that environment.
Yeah, their naming system is stupid, because it is confusing to the end user. And the way they have set up their offerings and support makes it even more confusing, because of the naming. For example, if you are on Ignite internet with the black modem and ask for home internet technical support, they will tell you are in the wrong spot and need to go to Ignite internet technical support instead. Except there is no Ignite internet technical support contact posted on their site. They have an Ignite TV technical support contact though. But that description makes no mention of internet support.

48D39D47-D349-4A95-B624-6DDABCB549F5.jpeg
g59411 wrote: He gave his department name as the ambassador line and regular retentions didn't offer these prices
Doesn’t matter. That doesn’t change the fact that the 1–888-ROGERS1 number you posted (which showed up on your end) is not a direct line to anything. It’s just the regular main Rogers number.
Jun 8, 2018
12 posts
5 upvotes
acmkhan786 wrote: I just got 500u $59 for new customers

Any one intresed in internet

1gbps for 69$ a month no contract
500mbps for 59$ a month no contract
150mbps for 49$ a month no contract

Dm me so i can pass the info.
Thanks a lot. That's a much better deal than I was getting.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
7673 posts
1131 upvotes
Toronto, ON
EugW wrote: Yeah, their naming system is stupid, because it is confusing to the end user. And the way they have set up their offerings and support makes it even more confusing, because of the naming. For example, if you are on Ignite internet with the black modem and ask for home internet technical support, they will tell you are in the wrong spot and need to go to Ignite internet technical support instead. Except there is no Ignite internet technical support contact posted on their site. They have an Ignite TV technical support contact though. But that description makes no mention of internet support.
Yup, but confusing branding seems to be the norm in residential telecom. Not sure Bell using the same Fibe XX branding for DSL and FTTH is that much better, though I suppose from a customer perspective you get your Home Hub 3000 and your same other Bell hardware and theoretically you don't need to know if you're on one or the other.

I'm trying to compare with the other cable cos, and I think they may have it simpler, e.g. if you are getting "Helix Internet" from Videotron or Fibre+ from Shaw, the web site certainly suggests you're getting the Comcastic modem (and presumably billing system) and the old legacy stuff is probably called something else. Though that makes me realize... I've never seen my parents' Videotron bill, so maybe I should see what they are paying for their 400 megabits (with a straight modem, too - how many Rogers customers would dream of a straight modem rather than bridge mode on a gateway?) and what it's called...
Nov 9, 2013
862 posts
927 upvotes
Barrie
Was able to get gigabit and flex10 tv for $95+tax in Barrie. Was told I would get the Arris modem, which is apparently the better one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)