Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
11828 posts
1670 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Questicles wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 8:03 pm

I currently have the gigabit internet plan for $34.99, Rogers just called me to try and get me to bundle it with TV including crave,HBO, and all that stuff (free box, installation, etc) for an extra $14.99. He said after taxes it would be about $55/month.
I wud mos def check with another rep after it's done to make sure the terms match. Get an interaction ID and immediately check with mgt office. Appears quite a few deals posted turned out not to be true. Guys got their bills screwed up and now have the hassle to escalate to mgt office or OOTP. I'd be careful if it's some dude with a south asian accent. lol. *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1473 posts
171 upvotes
Barrie
adrianf74 wrote:
Dec 18th, 2018 7:55 pm
Winback will reach out to you, sometimes, when you issue a cancellation notice. Generally can't call/talk to them without going through the motions.

I set up a cancellation 3 days ago, nothing yet...cancel is for mid-january. I thought some were simply contacting them and saying they received an email (which I had done many years ago).
Amex SPG, MR, and Aeroplan offers help me travel!
Sep 13, 2012
589 posts
265 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
tylerc wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 7:56 am
I set up a cancellation 3 days ago, nothing yet...cancel is for mid-january. I thought some were simply contacting them and saying they received an email (which I had done many years ago).
Remove the cancellation notice and follow up in mid-January for 3 days prior.
Sep 5, 2008
10 posts
31 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 16th, 2018 8:58 am
Nuts. You shud get Premiere + 1Gb internet for $100 + tx.
Is that ignite premiere tv or legacy ?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2426 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 5:42 am
I wud mos def check with another rep after it's done to make sure the terms match. Get an interaction ID and immediately check with mgt office. Appears quite a few deals posted turned out not to be true. Guys got their bills screwed up and now have the hassle to escalate to mgt office or OOTP. I'd be careful if it's some dude with a south asian accent. lol. *welp*
I really think that's strange because the best I'm hearing from the OotP currently is that there are ZERO credits of any sort available on VIP. Only credits are on Premier packages. Premier plus Gigabit - $105 + tax, Premier plus 500u - $95 + tax. 1 year, no guarantee on price but discounts are the same. I asked about the winback offers and he said that even with the $35 offer, the TV package wouldn't get credited enough to bring it to lower than the package offer.

Group Buy from Bell is calling me tomorrow... curious to see what they're willing to do because I've already quoted their offer and that I really want to stay with Rogers.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2008
1473 posts
171 upvotes
Barrie
100Pacer wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 9:39 am
Remove the cancellation notice and follow up in mid-January for 3 days prior.
So call and cancel my cancellation? Or can someone just provide the winback number and I'll try that?
Amex SPG, MR, and Aeroplan offers help me travel!
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12662 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
adrianf74 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 7:22 pm
I really think that's strange because the best I'm hearing from the OotP currently is that there are ZERO credits of any sort available on VIP. Only credits are on Premier packages. Premier plus Gigabit - $105 + tax, Premier plus 500u - $95 + tax. 1 year, no guarantee on price but discounts are the same. I asked about the winback offers and he said that even with the $35 offer, the TV package wouldn't get credited enough to bring it to lower than the package offer.

Group Buy from Bell is calling me tomorrow... curious to see what they're willing to do because I've already quoted their offer and that I really want to stay with Rogers.
Do you have a link for Bell? I got offered $120 tax included for Gigabit Internet and Popular TV from Rogers. Going to cancel my services tonight.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2426 posts
258 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 9:02 pm
Do you have a link for Bell? I got offered $120 tax included for Gigabit Internet and Popular TV from Rogers. Going to cancel my services tonight.
Was that through the management office or office of the president? If not, you've gotta escalate.

Bell was worse. No promos other than Good/Gigabit/Phone at $104 + tax and Better/Gigabit/Phone at $130 + tax. That was on a two year commitment as well.
Sep 5, 2008
10 posts
31 upvotes
I would wait. Roger's ignite TV package deals are coming in the new year. You might be able to get Rogers Ignite TV for the same price bundled with 1gig internet and Canada wide home phone for what you are paying/being offered for the legacy service right now. Roger's is trying to get everyone on IPTV
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2008
12662 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Minority21 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 9:44 pm
I would wait. Roger's ignite TV package deals are coming in the new year. You might be able to get Rogers Ignite TV for the same price bundled with 1gig internet and Canada wide home phone for what you are paying/being offered for the legacy service right now. Roger's is trying to get everyone on IPTV
What's so good about IPTV? I own my cable boxes and Rogers hasn't upgraded the infrastructure in my area.
Nov 6, 2009
32 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to get $107 after tax for gigabit internet/popular tv speaking directly to the retention department.
Sep 5, 2008
10 posts
31 upvotes
geokilla wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 10:03 pm
What's so good about IPTV? I own my cable boxes and Rogers hasn't upgraded the infrastructure in my area.
What infrastructure are you talking about? If you're able to get ignite internet speeds you can get iptv ( https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ign ... v-internet) You can type in your postal code on the Rogers site to see if you can get it if you're not sure.

The vastly improved search and multi platform streaming of content, as well as searching using your voice. I really hated the legacy search interface on the nextbox 3.0. Could never find anything unless I scrolled through the guide.
Sep 13, 2012
589 posts
265 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
tylerc wrote:
Dec 19th, 2018 8:59 pm
So call and cancel my cancellation? Or can someone just provide the winback number and I'll try that?
Yes - remove your cancellation request then phone back next month and place a cancellation request future dated 3 days.
Dec 11, 2003
190 posts
18 upvotes
I have made my decision to switch back to Rogers after 2 years with Bel. Got a pretty good deal from the agent recommended by some the RFDers here. Installation has been scheduled in early February

We only finalized the plan in email but there is nothing official from Rogers. Do you guys receive a letter from Rogers outlining all the services and all the credits?
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11946 posts
2213 upvotes
Markham
padfoot wrote:
Dec 20th, 2018 11:27 am
I have made my decision to switch back to Rogers after 2 years with Bel. Got a pretty good deal from the agent recommended by some the RFDers here. Installation has been scheduled in early February

We only finalized the plan in email but there is nothing official from Rogers. Do you guys receive a letter from Rogers outlining all the services and all the credits?
The rep I used sent me a PDF outlining the monthly charges and discounts with a total monthly amount. If you got an additional credit on top of that they can tell you when it will be applied and how. If you have it in email I wouldn't worry. I can't recall when the PDF arrived but it is a while before your installation so I'd hang tight.

I was actually liking my Bell services but the customer service headaches were just not worth it. Paying much less now with Rogers and the rep who hooked me up with a deal puts most CSRs to shame with how smoothly things are done.

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

namtran007