Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
Czibjinovic wrote: My deal expired this billing cycle (oops, my bad) and went up to $173.99+HST :facepalm: I am paying for Ignite 500U; PopularTV with one PVR and one extra box; home phone no LD and a couple of features I don't use.

We almost never have an issue with the service, it's just the $$$$

Chatted Rogers Ignite team this morning and best I could get was $108.99+. Said forget it, cancel it at the end of the month but they would not. It was either cancel TODAY or call back when you have your new ISP set up and we'll cancel it same day. So that's a new wrinkle. Don't know if I will get a call from the retention people since I told the guy NOT to cancel today as we are all working/studying from home.

Happy to hear your advice everyone. Thanks.
Sometimes their reps say this for some bizarre reason. Chances are it was the rep not knowing how to do it that way. Just call again this time to billing department. I put in cancel request for weeks in advance with no problem and I know others have too.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2017
1496 posts
760 upvotes
spena wrote: Recieved winback call from Rogers after switching to bell last year. They offered 1000mb Ignite Internet for $49.99 - 12months.
i also got gigabit Ignite for $49.99/month for 12 months XB7
Mar 16, 2021
1 posts
Hi! Currently with Bell, but looking to switch over to Rogers 500u or Gigabit internet service, Looking for any promotions.
K0A postal code.
Any reps, please PM me.
Cheers!
Apr 16, 2020
279 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
I put in a post-dated cancellation today after not being happy with their offers.

When should I expect a winback call? Is it too early to call them a day after?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
onefgc wrote: I put in a post-dated cancellation today after not being happy with their offers.

When should I expect a winback call? Is it too early to call them a day after?
Maybe wait a day or two. I cancelled at night and got winback call next morning, it could take longer though.
Jan 17, 2020
38 posts
12 upvotes
Anyone with the XB7 router having connection issues?

My windows computers cannot hold a steady WIFI connection? I keep restarting it but still not really improving.
Any advice?
Mar 14, 2021
46 posts
13 upvotes
Looking to move from Bell to Rogers, any reps have anything to offer, Postal : M4K
Feb 15, 2021
4 posts
New customer. Moving in April. Looking for 500U or 150U at a good price. Postal code is M5V.
Please PM with offers. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2017
1551 posts
2328 upvotes
TEagle wrote: Anyone with the XB7 router having connection issues?

My windows computers cannot hold a steady WIFI connection? I keep restarting it but still not really improving.
Any advice?
I requested an xb7 when I got my deal, tech brought xb6 instead. He claimed that xb7 have more issues and they've been receiving calls about them alot more. At first I thought the tech was lying, but after reading your experience it's possible he was correct. Maybe others can chime in who also have xb7 to share their experience.
Feb 6, 2020
12 posts
Blitzo wrote: Currently paying $97.99/month for Rogers ignite 500u. Looking for promotion. Postal N2L. Thanks!
Sincere question - to Blitzo and everyone else trying this approach - does this work? Just broadcasting a request for ISPs to reach out to you?
Apr 16, 2020
279 posts
277 upvotes
Ottawa
Nev007 wrote: Maybe wait a day or two. I cancelled at night and got winback call next morning, it could take longer though.
I got the call this morning. Settled on my current plan at $5 less per month. Ignite 300 for $50 all in.
Last edited by onefgc on Mar 18th, 2021 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1094 posts
1895 upvotes
GTA
Be careful with these bastards. I was promised 2 free wifi pods in my chat with Rogers and I got my first bill since and they’ve charged me for them.
Mar 17, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
New customer. Looking for Internet. Please contact me thru PM. L5B. Thank you.
Aug 13, 2018
421 posts
471 upvotes
Update: you can only get 1 of the 2nd gen pods for free, or 3 of the old ones.
Mar 4, 2019
56 posts
54 upvotes
Ajax
New customer looking for Internet. L1T 1W1. Please contact me thanks
Dec 19, 2011
80 posts
57 upvotes
AJAX
Czibjinovic wrote: My deal expired this billing cycle (oops, my bad) and went up to $173.99+HST :facepalm: I am paying for Ignite 500U; PopularTV with one PVR and one extra box; home phone no LD and a couple of features I don't use.

We almost never have an issue with the service, it's just the $$$$

Chatted Rogers Ignite team this morning and best I could get was $108.99+. Said forget it, cancel it at the end of the month but they would not. It was either cancel TODAY or call back when you have your new ISP set up and we'll cancel it same day. So that's a new wrinkle. Don't know if I will get a call from the retention people since I told the guy NOT to cancel today as we are all working/studying from home.

Happy to hear your advice everyone. Thanks.

Wow that's a new one! Seems they know the game now and are trying to curb it.

I would try again, might just be the guy you got on the other end of that call.

Otherwise, check your postal code for Bell Fibe and if I were you I would switch just out of spite.
May 12, 2006
300 posts
174 upvotes
CrimsonKnight wrote: Cancelled for my parents house a week ago and called winback

Offered - Ignite Premier (3box) + Fairchild + 500U + Home Phone =135.99 + tax, accepted

Richmond Hill
Got similar deal

Ignite Premier (1 box) + Fairchild + 500U + $20 wireless cellphone = $146.xx

Was previous paying $143.xx for Legacy cable Premier + Fairchild + 500U + $20 wireless
Mar 29, 2017
27 posts
4 upvotes
So when I called in to inquire about a promo on the expiry of my 500 u ignite legacy internet (was paying 57.62 tax in), agent offered me same service 62.14 tax in and inquired how many users. When I said 8-10, they offered deal on 300U for 54.23 tax in - which I accepted. In a few days and after reading all these threads, made a call to ambassador/win back team - who were willing to offer Ignite gigabit at 57.49 tax in with new XB7 modem. I told them, need 4 ethernet ports and as such they said sorry - XB7 has only 2 ethernet and 2 for TV service, so I said will stay with legacy. Called billing and customer service again, this time legacy person said, why not stay with 500U at 62.14 rather than the proposed downgrade to 300U, so I agreed to that again - that's 500U at 62.14 tax in.

Today, Zed Solutions (Rogers affiliate service marketing Rogers services - they can only make outbound calls - so no number) called and offered 500U at 56.49 for 12 months - legacy white modem as usual - this time around I accepted this offer from them - caveat - you cannot downgrade or upgrade for 12 months - no contract - would have to cancel to get off. The email confirmation from them confirming the deal comes in 24 hours they said.

So as many other users have already mentioned, you have to call to cancel and then starts the waiting game - or the call to the winback / ambassador team (number on some previous threads) to get an offer.

Not sure about the XB7 modem - as I do not have it, but would not consider it anyway for lack of 4 ethernet ports. Apparently winback team was saying that they are trying to move customers away from legacy white modem to this new XB7 with the new Ignite internet.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

KJBeat