Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2017) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Mar 24, 2019
1 posts
Called in today was offered $93 and change for 500u same as my promotion from before except $3 increase put in a 30 day cancellation will wait and see if I get a call back from inflight cancellation team.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
18265 posts
6340 upvotes
Toronto
Just called in today to renew for another year. I got popular tv + 500u internet package for $84.98. The cost breakdown is $44.99 for tv and $39.99 for internet. The breakdown is probably somewhat meaningless as it is a bundled price. This is $10 more than I am currently paying for the same thing. I was expecting only a $5 increase. Given the amount of time and hair loss required to play the cancellation stare down, I decided to accept and move on. Will have to revisit this thread same time next year. Good luck everyone in your deal hunting. As the customer service reps would say, thank you for choosing Rogers. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Edit: I have no clue what happened. The new term information was just emailed to me and the numbers are different from what the agent gave me over the phone. There was an additional $20 discount that he never mentioned. My total monthly cost is actually $64.98. I wanted to have the new term start after the old term finishes. That seems to have been messed up also. It is effective immediately. Since the new rate is lower, I don't mind at all. I was looking to punt the price increase down the road as far as I can, but I guess I don't need to now.
Last edited by will888 on Mar 26th, 2019 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koodo $40/6GB
Public Mobile 2016 fall promo, $23/1GB, $38/5GB
Fido $0.00/3GB+tablet
Tangerine Bank
Aug 31, 2009
408 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
called in when 500u $28 is expiring. got offered $50 for 500u and $55 for gigabit. took gigabit. there isnt any good offers going on at the moment
Sep 21, 2017
3 posts
I've had a couple of years of the gigibabit internet/popular TV package for $99/month which is coming to an end. I called the regular Rogers # and was offered the same package for $122/month. I'm curious what my best course of action to get a sub $100 deal is. I originally called a field rep to get this deal. Should I cancel the service with Rogers and hope for a callback, or try and contact another field rep (if so, are they still active in this forum?). There are other people at this location so new member promotions are also on the table. Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1499 posts
388 upvotes
WTH!? Freaking Robbers has just increased the prices for both Internet and TV by $3 each, which makes it about +$7 tax in.
In the result, my 500U+PremierTV combo monthly price went from about $103 to about $110 tax in.

Is it worth fighting for some reimbursement?

What is the going bargain/deal price for an Internet+Premier eople are getting? I can actually dial down on the internet, but Premier TV is the only TV package worth subscribing for, IMO.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2004
2373 posts
138 upvotes
Used the chat method for the first time. It yielded $120 + tax = $136. Offer only good for 7 days
- Ignite 150u + modem
- Popular TV + CNBC (have my own PVR)
- Home Phone
Took two hours in total. Agent was probably juggling several chats at the same time. Will try the old fashioned phone-in method next.
Feb 18, 2014
179 posts
108 upvotes
hseeng wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 8:28 pm
Just renewed for 1 year. Existing 2 year deal was expired. Been doing this Rogers retention thing for 20 years now...

500U + Modem
Home phone + Can Long dist
Select TV + 1 Pick your own channel + PVR

Got $110.xx tax in

Live chat was $127.xx tax in 2 days ago

I really dont need home phone or TV that much but I get %12 off 5 cell phones so its worth keeping the bundle
Agents know all about RFD forum (I never mentioned it and they brought it up)
They did mention something about flash deals. Its codes they get per day. (dont know if its BS or not)
Also said they have no 2 year codes right now to offer
You may want to double check to make sure your able to pick a bonus channel, the new packages Rogers offer don't include a bonus channel of your choosing anymore.
Sep 13, 2012
594 posts
266 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
hseeng wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 8:28 pm
Just renewed for 1 year. Existing 2 year deal was expired. Been doing this Rogers retention thing for 20 years now...

500U + Modem
Home phone + Can Long dist
Select TV + 1 Pick your own channel + PVR

Got $110.xx tax in

Live chat was $127.xx tax in 2 days ago

I really dont need home phone or TV that much but I get %12 off 5 cell phones so its worth keeping the bundle
Agents know all about RFD forum (I never mentioned it and they brought it up)
They did mention something about flash deals. Its codes they get per day. (dont know if its BS or not)
Also said they have no 2 year codes right now to offer
Keep in mind the BCB discount was phased out on May 6, 2018. You may want to confirm how long you'll continue receiving it so as to factor in pricing accordingly:

- If you had 12 months or less remaining on your longest wireless term contract as of May 6, 2018 the BCB discount drops off on May 6, 2019.
- If you had more than 12 months and 18 or less months remaining on your longest wireless term contract as of May 6, 2018 the BCB discount drops off on November 6, 2019.
- If you had 18 months or more remaining on your longest wireless term contract as of May 6, 2018 the BCB discount drops off on May 6, 2020.
- If you signed a new 2 year term on or after May 6, 2018 the BCB discount will not apply to the entire term and will end according to timeline above.
Jan 14, 2017
50 posts
14 upvotes
anyone successfully renewed their 24.99 internet only promotion?

my 500u is back to 60.99 now does 150u goes cheaper these days?
Aug 12, 2012
102 posts
16 upvotes
London, ON
Tichi wrote:
Mar 27th, 2019 5:09 pm
WTH!? Freaking Robbers has just increased the prices for both Internet and TV by $3 each, which makes it about +$7 tax in.
In the result, my 500U+PremierTV combo monthly price went from about $103 to about $110 tax in.

Is it worth fighting for some reimbursement?

What is the going bargain/deal price for an Internet+Premier eople are getting? I can actually dial down on the internet, but Premier TV is the only TV package worth subscribing for, IMO.
I know totally ridiculous! I renewed via winback in January for $73 tax in for 500U+Popular TV and now it just jumped $7 bucks! Looked at previous month bills and no notification of price increase!
Oct 21, 2015
224 posts
165 upvotes
Toronto, ON
doujincore wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 11:39 am
anyone successfully renewed their 24.99 internet only promotion?

my 500u is back to 60.99 now does 150u goes cheaper these days?
I just got a call from customer relations, and they offered the same deal - but you can get rid of $9.99 wifi and that will bring down to 50 including tax for me. It is not too bad for a 500M internet to cost $45 so I took it.
Aug 8, 2003
879 posts
64 upvotes
Ontario
I'm being offered by a field Rep. ignite Premier , 1 gig Internet, home monitor with camera and local home phone , Crave , HBO for 1 year with free install and $150 gift card..
$ 134/ month ...is this a good deal?
Mar 27, 2011
638 posts
310 upvotes
Toronto
I just got a renewal call for 1 gbps down for $55.22 tax in. I am currently in a condo in Richmond Hill.
Mar 27, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
Better deal than what they have offered me. They offered me $200/month for basically the same thing and no $150 gift card. Been with them for about 15 years now. Every time I call in, I get a different offer. Today I called in and now the free install is now $150 with no discounts. It would seem that retention's are tired of me calling in...lol I know my friends have been able to get better deals than what I'm currently been offered. Any advice would be good going forward.
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
15410 posts
1291 upvotes
Scarborough
i'm FB msging Rogers and it took half an hour just to authenticate the account. Then he's offering me $91.99 for 500u that's not subject to increases for 12 months.
Now he's offering $89.99 but it's subject to increases.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

Tijuana