Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Dec 1, 2007
642 posts
94 upvotes
St Thomas, ON
Euro2012 wrote: 4K programming does not really exist at this point. Only a handful of Leafs and Raptors game on 2 channels: one TSN and one Sportsnet
All Blue Jays home games are supposed to be aired in 4K this season. I watched them all last year so would get some value from that.
Apr 22, 2015
235 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
sassysue wrote: Search on YouTube daily updates iptv and cancel ur high priced bills
Tried this last night and it does work quite well. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1662 posts
500 upvotes
Toronto
BROsephC wrote: I was at the home show today and met the infamous Steve in the flesh and he was able to set me up with a pretty sick internet deal that he said was an exclusive limited time home show offer!

This is what I got:
Rogers Ignite 100 (w/ free installation, modem, etc) for $66 WITHOUT A CONTRACT.

I almost bit earlier this week on the existing offer, but I didn't want a contract so this was absolutely perfect for me.
He's also a really nice guy and helped me out with all my questions. I can see why RFD-ers keep talking about him.
Plus tax?
Jan 25, 2015
395 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jello_bob wrote: Any word on 4K deals? It's probably the only thing that would convince me to switch from my free HDPVR with Bell Satellite. Paying about $55 after tax for Bell Select.
When I went to the Rogers store they said the box rental was $12.95 (no PVR -- as it doesn't exist yet).

I don't have a 4k TV so I didn't really ask any more questions.
Jan 25, 2015
395 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sassysue wrote: Search on YouTube daily updates iptv and cancel ur high priced bills
Some of us have parents, in-laws or children who watch TV and need something that works without having to fiddle with it.

Ideally, I'd cut the cord and switch over, but not everything is available without interruption or reasonable viewing quality at all times. If such a solution existed and was cheaper than what I pay for Rogers, I'd switch in a heartbeat.
Feb 20, 2011
566 posts
145 upvotes
downtown TO
iptv stalker with kodi on an streaming box...has full tv guide and 800 tv stations...simple easy set u works with out buffering or freezing
Jan 22, 2015
283 posts
262 upvotes
Toronto, ON
BROsephC wrote: I was at the home show today and met the infamous Steve in the flesh and he was able to set me up with a pretty sick internet deal that he said was an exclusive limited time home show offer!

This is what I got:
Rogers Ignite 100 (w/ free installation, modem, etc) for $66 WITHOUT A CONTRACT.

I almost bit earlier this week on the existing offer, but I didn't want a contract so this was absolutely perfect for me.
He's also a really nice guy and helped me out with all my questions. I can see why RFD-ers keep talking about him.
I can confirm this deal as well, went to the home show and was offered this same deal.
I think all you need to do is call and say you spoke to them at the home show.
It's the exact same deal with Shomi, NHL, free installation etc and they mentioned a $50 credit just no contract I was told
the pricing wouldn't go up from there as well.
Mar 23, 2006
987 posts
287 upvotes

This is what I got:

For this deal, how long is the $66 price locked in for ? I am going to take a guess that eventually the price will go up ?

was there any lower tier packages available ? I don't need 100, even 30 mbs is more than fine for me.
Aug 16, 2010
503 posts
144 upvotes
Ignite 60 us that hybrid fibre with 200 or 250gb cap?

Also are people getting that for $50taxes included ?
Dec 2, 2006
127 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
t-dot. wrote: got same offer (2 year contract):
VIP cable + free nextbox rent to own = $46.98 + taxes
Ignite 100 unlimited = $59.99 + taxes

this was offered only after I declined their initial offer (which was the same package but at a higher price). I wanted to keep the W45, but considering the internet and cable package came out to the exact same price as the Ignite 100 unlimited bundle, it was hard to refuse....
I called to cancel my service effective April 10th last week with my current price $125 tax in for Digital VIP Cable and 100U Internet. I called 1-844-754-1373 today and the guy offered me $155 to keep the same service. How do you guys get the deal? Should I call back at a different time to see if they will offer me something else?
Aug 26, 2014
2 posts
Just got 250u Ignite Internet for 73.49$+tax due to National price increase on products and services on February 24th... Was able to get free installation and modem rental with a 2 year contract. Also got a credit of 20$ for the activation fee. If anyone is in the Ottawa area and is interested in this deal, call this guy because he's really helpful:

Collin Koorzen
Territory Sales Representative

Consumer Field Sales
475 Richmond Road
Ottawa, ON K2A 3Y8

collin.koorzen@rci.rogers.com
o 613-759-8626 m 613-286-7112

Hope this helps!
Dec 4, 2002
286 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Just got 250u plus basic cable, HD PVR rental, and modem rental for $100 a month plus tax for 24 months, free installation, plus $50 credit on the second bill. Considering 250u alone is $98/month that's pretty damn good.
"I'd trade it all for a little more." - C. Montgomery Burns
Nov 30, 2009
153 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
batphantom wrote: Just got 250u plus basic cable, HD PVR rental, and modem rental for $100 a month plus tax for 24 months, free installation, plus $50 credit on the second bill. Considering 250u alone is $98/month that's pretty damn good.
That is an excellent deal!

Are there any deals going for those who cannot sign a term-contract?
Oct 24, 2010
31 posts
3 upvotes
Brampton
Zida wrote: That is an excellent deal!

Are there any deals going for those who cannot sign a term-contract?

I just called Rogers to cancel my Cable TV Services (I dont need it anymore as I watch all my shows online --> KODI, Showbox, Moviebox, Netflix).

I just needed Internet. I currently have the old hybrid 30 i think. They offered me Ignite 60 with 200gb limit for $62 taxes in. At first the rep said I have to sign a 2 year contract on the internet. I insisted I dont want a contract.

After a few discussions we ended up cancelling my TV services and switched over to ignite 60 for $62 taxes in, plus 50% off for the next 3 months. NO CONTRACT.

I Hope 200 GB is enough. I will monitor my usage over the next few months and if I go over, I will call back and ask for other options plus also shop around.

Hope this helps you guys.

P.S. My family was cable TV subscriber for 25 years.....about time, we cut the cord......
Apr 9, 2008
293 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
Called Feizel and ordered service as a new customer.

- $64.99 locked in on 2 year contract
- Ignite 100u (100UL/10DL/Unlimited Usage)
- *Waived activation fee
- *Waived installation fee
- *$50 credit on 2nd or 3rd bill
- Free 2yr Shomi
- Free NHL Gamecentre

No hassle and quickly communicates over email/text/phone. Put an asterisk beside the bonuses not offered normally. Straight to the point and got my order in within the day.

Feizel.Sunderji@rci.rogers.com
647-274-7594

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

freeman9