Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Fanatic
Mar 30, 2004
5302 posts
2996 upvotes
Durham Region
I know Bell's gigabit offer is back (signed up for it yesterday), so I'd be surprised if Rogers doesn't keep a variation of theirs around.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
CorSter wrote: I know Bell's gigabit offer is back (signed up for it yesterday), so I'd be surprised if Rogers doesn't keep a variation of theirs around.
they are aware of it and will likely keep the U63 around or add more to the bundle is my guess.
Dec 19, 2004
260 posts
16 upvotes
London
I'm moving to a new house in August and currently paying $110.69 (including tax) for Ignite 100u, Basic Cable and HDPVR.

Should I be looking to sign up a new account under my wife's name to take advantage of new customer pricing, or should I stick with my current package?
Feb 1, 2014
200 posts
120 upvotes
@zaidyboy, do you know the current internet only deals? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the thread.

Thanks, and much appreciated.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
Kaplano wrote: @zaidyboy, do you know the current internet only deals? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the thread.

Thanks, and much appreciated.
First page in thread summary
Feb 1, 2014
200 posts
120 upvotes
zaidyboy wrote: First page in thread summary
Well ... so it is. I was going through the recent pages. OK, thanks.
Jul 22, 2009
99 posts
60 upvotes
Ottawa
JaYBirD wrote: I'm moving to a new house in August and currently paying $110.69 (including tax) for Ignite 100u, Basic Cable and HDPVR.

Should I be looking to sign up a new account under my wife's name to take advantage of new customer pricing, or should I stick with my current package?
I would say under your wife's name (that's what we did), but that's only possible if she doesn't use the same last name as you. We were able to get U63 that way and are saving a ton.
Mar 17, 2015
51 posts
7 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I cancelled my 100$ Rogers 3 service bundle for mid June. They sent me an email today asking me to "give them opportunity to win them back".
They provided a phone number.

Do I call or is it going to turn into a 1 hour wait time while they look for a deal that is nothing than trying to convince me to get the same bundle for 180$?
Sep 28, 2015
925 posts
1124 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Regarding the U63 deal, if I use my own HD box or PVR without the rental, would the plan be cheaper? Thank you
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
warmdeals wrote: Regarding the U63 deal, if I use my own HD box or PVR without the rental, would the plan be cheaper? Thank you
nope, would stay the same. deal ends today
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
NEW DEAL (Sort of like the U63 but POSTAL CODE PROTECTED)

POPULAR TV
GIGABIT INTERNET
LOCAL HOME PHONE
1 HD BOX
1 MODEM RENTAL

$109.98 + HST / MONTH ( 1 YEAR PRICE GUARANTEED / NO CONTRACT)
INSTALLATION FEE IS WAIVED
ONE TIME $14.95 ACTIVATION FEE

UPGRADE TO HDPVR FOR $6/MORE A MONTH

this deal expires June 15th 2017

U63 IS 2 YEARS PRICE GUARANTEED AND EXPIRES TONIGHT!
May 30, 2017
1 posts
zaidyboy wrote: NEW DEAL (Sort of like the U63 but POSTAL CODE PROTECTED)

POPULAR TV
GIGABIT INTERNET
LOCAL HOME PHONE
1 HD BOX
1 MODEM RENTAL

Hi zaidyboy,

Is this deal available in New Brunswick?
do you know of good deals for my area? (New Brunswick)

thanks
Pierre
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
pierregr wrote: Hi zaidyboy,

Is this deal available in New Brunswick?
do you know of good deals for my area? (New Brunswick)

thanks
Pierre
unfortunately, no.

Sorry :(
Oct 10, 2006
202 posts
29 upvotes

POPULAR TV
GIGABIT INTERNET
LOCAL HOME PHONE
1 HD BOX
1 MODEM RENTAL

Is this for new customers only or for current clients as well??
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA

POPULAR TV
GIGABIT INTERNET
LOCAL HOME PHONE
1 HD BOX
1 MODEM RENTAL

Available in Kitchener-Waterloo? Also, any chance Gamecenter Live is included with this bundle? How much to upgrade to a 4K PVR (if possible)?
Jul 8, 2008
8 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Are the March deals on the first page still active and the only deals? I have Ignite 100u and I'm paying $76/mo with a $20 discount that's about to expire. I spent some time on the phone with a rep and she said she kept looking but there aren't any deals on Ignite 100 and my only option is to move to 75 for a fairly similar price or get 150u and pay more. I just want the cheapest unlimited plan, is there a chance another rep could magically find something? If I call and say I want to cancel, does that suddenly open more deals? I don't remember it being that hard last year, I always mention how much cheaper the competitors are and how bandwidth prices keep going down but the price for my service keeps going up.

Anyone want to chime in with what they're getting for cheap unlimited internet these days in Ontario (Ottawa area)? I need it to be reliable too.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
N8Magic wrote: Available in Kitchener-Waterloo? Also, any chance Gamecenter Live is included with this bundle? How much to upgrade to a 4K PVR (if possible)?
Seems like this deal is catered to potential customers in the North York area for now. I think this is temporary and soon will allow everyone to add this promo.
Sep 21, 2015
526 posts
184 upvotes
London, ON
belzebutt wrote: Anyone want to chime in with what they're getting for cheap unlimited internet these days in Ontario (Ottawa area)? I need it to be reliable too.
If you want internet only (no bundled package) i'd suggest looking at the TPIA offerings. Rogers price aren't that impressive when it comes to internet only, and their prices for existing customers are worse.

start.ca for example is offering 60u cable at $60+tax/month. Teksavvy has 100u cable at $63.95+tax. Acanac has 75u cable at $59+tax.

I'd consider any of those speeds to be more then 'fast enough' for the majority of people.

I did see a noticeable difference myself when I upgraded from this speed, but TPIA's also have 30u cable around $49+tax.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
U63 has been temporarily been extended, AGAIN :rolleyes: ($109.98 +hst ..2 years price guaranteed)

Thread Information

There are currently 9 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 9 guests)