Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Dec 29, 2012
821 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
caddie444 wrote: ^^^

Are you in Ontario?

Seems like you got a good deal as best I was offered was popular tv and internet 30 for $112 taxes in, and I'm in GTA
Yes, I'm in Toronto. I've been a customer for over 20 years, if that makes a difference.
Dec 29, 2012
821 posts
416 upvotes
Toronto
CWatson87 wrote: I called Retentions direct and was offered Ignite 30 internet and the Popular TV package for $124.84 after tax. No contract - cancel/change anytime, free modem upgrade, and in October I'll own my current PVR so the bill would be reduced by $10 a month.

Not bad but I think they can do better.

Thoughts?
As I mentioned above, I was offered Ignite 75 + Popular TV + Nextbox 3.0 HDPVR for $107 after tax. No contract.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
2060 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
I just got off the phone with Rogers and just go the Ignite 150 plan for $65/month for 1 year as a longtime time existing customer.

Details:
  • Currently on Ignite 100u plan for $60/month and deal ending early Sept. I do not have any other services with Rogers. Only Internet.
  • Gave the usual talk about cancelling as Bell has recently put fiber optic lines in our neighbourhood and wanted to know what promos they had to offer.
  • He went off to look for anything and He came back with 150u for $79.99. I said no way, Bell is offering 150u for 65-70 / month here.
  • He went off for a few minutes, asked if I was a student and I told him no and went off again for a minute to "look at any specials"
  • Finally came back with the $65/month 1 year deal for 150u.

Overall wasn't too bad, took a bit of back and forth but happy with the outcome. Now to put in my calendar to call again next year! :)
My XBL/PSN: evilenger
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2006
4747 posts
2301 upvotes
Northside
the11thdoctor wrote: Second week of August @zaidyboy any updates?
Nothing yet, unfortunately. Only student deals available at the moment.

Still waiting for the postal code restriction to be lifted on the Gigabit bundle. Some have been successful in getting the 109.98 bundle even though they don't reside in the postal code area where the offer is restricted.
Aug 13, 2014
150 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Current Deal

Rogers Ignite 100u (Unlimited Usage) - $50.01
Starter TV Package (with free NextBox HD 4K Terminal Rental) - $24.99
Canadian News Theme Pack (Just to get CP24) - $5.00

Total cost per month is $80+HST but until September the $5 Canadian News Theme Pack is being credited back to me. FINAL COST = $75/month + HST

Took speaking to 3 different retention reps over 2 days for me to get this deal.
Sep 21, 2015
508 posts
173 upvotes
London, ON
BabaBocher wrote: Current Deal

Total cost per month is $80+HST but until September the $5 Canadian News Theme Pack is being credited back to me. FINAL COST = $75/month + HST

Took speaking to 3 different retention reps over 2 days for me to get this deal.
Nice - That looks very close to what i'd look for next June when my contract expires. Granted i'd take the full American news bundle instead of the Canadian one. Add netflix to that, and you're still less then $100/month after tax.

However - Is this something you got recently, or > 3 months ago? I don't think there's any promotions from earlier this year that are still available.
Mar 12, 2015
144 posts
86 upvotes
Kitchener

Would it be possible to just get the internet only deal for $50? I'm a new customer.
Aug 13, 2014
150 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto, ON
AndrewS783 wrote: Would it be possible to just get the internet only deal for $50? I'm a new customer.
Not to my knowledge.
Nov 16, 2008
116 posts
4 upvotes
Brampton

Curious, how you were able to get Ignite 100u package while it's not being offered anymore. I have the Ignite 60 and while it's also not offered anymore I have to pay full price no discount, which costs the same as Ignite 75.
Aug 13, 2014
150 posts
206 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sm30 wrote: Curious, how you were able to get Ignite 100u package while it's not being offered anymore. I have the Ignite 60 and while it's also not offered anymore I have to pay full price no discount, which costs the same as Ignite 75.
I already had it bundled with a much more expensive cable TV package for the last 1.5 years. They tried hard to get me to remove it from my plan and get the new Ignite 150 package which didn't come with unlimited usage so I said no.
Sep 30, 2009
128 posts
2 upvotes
Ottawa
Long term on a 3 product bundle tv/internet/home phone - 2 year promo was up in July, after seeing a partially inflated 'base pricing' bill i called in to get it in hand and was given this offer (12 month pricing, no contract) by the first csr i spoke to, happily took it as it is better service for same price I have been essentially been locked in through this perpetual cycle for as long as i can remember. I used to have 2 cellphones as well but have cancelled those over the past couple of years;

home phone - unlimited NA - 6 options - $19.99 (grandfathered in, reportedly single offering with similar options is close to $60...sure that's real popular)
internet - 150u - $79.99 ($20 discount)
Cable - popular package - 59.99 (hd pvr + hd box included - $52 discount box costs included)
Package total - 159.97
Additional bundle discount -$20
Total discounts of $92 for a grand total of 139.97 + tax = 158.16

Also have TMN for standard price on top of that, but don't think that factored into anything and it will be cancelled after the summer run of shows regardless ;) Internet on its own wouldn't be great but as a bundle it's pretty solid.
Sep 15, 2003
223 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
I just signed for 1 year @ $141.23 after tax for Ignite500u + Popular TV which I got through facebook messenger.

Was paying $102 for Ignite100 + Basic TV, 2 year contract ended in June so I waited as long as I could for a new deal.
Unfortunately Bell only offers Fibe50 in my condo, so they weren't a real option for me.
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12158 posts
1671 upvotes
Kanata
Flipcyde wrote: I just signed for 1 year @ $141.23 after tax for Ignite500u + Popular TV which I got through facebook messenger.

Was paying $102 for Ignite100 + Basic TV, 2 year contract ended in June so I waited as long as I could for a new deal.
Unfortunately Bell only offers Fibe50 in my condo, so they weren't a real option for me.
That's a pretty good deal, I would take that. Seems like Facebook Messenger is getting better deals than calling in.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 5 guests)

Darisan, minib26