Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Nov 22, 2017
316 posts
170 upvotes
Put in a cancellation last week for mid September haven't received anything yet. I don't think they can compete with Bell fiber in my condo. Still waiting for a call back or email from winback.
Dec 5, 2005
736 posts
442 upvotes
Cambridge,Ontario
One0one wrote: If you don't mind, what was the number you had to call that was provided in the email? Did you have the quote anything or did you just specify the email? I'm trying to work out a deal for my internet/cable
The 18666009112 but yes I also had the specific number from the email.That's how they know which account that it's tagged on
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17319 posts
5221 upvotes
Toronto
I have a grandfathered VIP package. Are people still getting that in the retention offer or being forced on Premier TV package? My old plan was price protected, but new one is not.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17319 posts
5221 upvotes
Toronto
pintobean wrote: I just did FB Messenger and was offered:
Gigabit internet
Premier TV + TMN + HBO Canada
CAN/US home phone + 500 mins int'l LD

For $161.03 including taxes; price locked for 2 years, no contract. I tried to get him to go lower, but he wouldn't budge.

Thoughts?
Price is locked for 2 years? When I spoke to someone today they said the price is not locked and could change with a 30 day notice given. It was the same type of deal for $166 a month. They said Rogers doesn't offer locked in prices anymore.
Jul 22, 2015
540 posts
151 upvotes
Ontario
carmaster wrote: I have a grandfathered VIP package. Are people still getting that in the retention offer or being forced on Premier TV package? My old plan was price protected, but new one is not.
I have the VIP package which expires in Sept. I was offered the "premier" plan as VIP is "no longer available".
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17319 posts
5221 upvotes
Toronto
Acheewawa wrote: I have the VIP package which expires in Sept. I was offered the "premier" plan as VIP is "no longer available".
Ok. But was the offer price locked in? They said the offer is not price protected.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17319 posts
5221 upvotes
Toronto
Talked to a few Rogers reps and they say that they no longer offer price protection on these plans since you can cancel anytime. Is this true?
Oct 6, 2006
113 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
Yes it’s guaranteed discount now and not price protection.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17319 posts
5221 upvotes
Toronto
henry865 wrote: Yes it’s guaranteed discount now and not price protection.
Ok so price protection is no more on all retention offers?
Sep 21, 2015
508 posts
173 upvotes
London, ON
carmaster wrote: Price is locked for 2 years? When I spoke to someone today they said the price is not locked and could change with a 30 day notice given. It was the same type of deal for $166 a month. They said Rogers doesn't offer locked in prices anymore.
I'm honestly uncertain, but the reading of the change order that arrived with the new plan i'm on (I've yet to receive first bill) does appear to have it setup as a fixed term bundle. I would appear to be subject to an early cancellation fee and fixed price not fixed discount.
Nov 18, 2003
3 posts
Hi All

Just jumped back into Rogers (not sure if it is long term yet) and had two boxes delivered to add to the Nextbox 4k installed earlier this month. Fought hard to have the whole home pvr setup although Rogers has stopped selling it as of July but am concerned that the two boxes are the older 8600HD terminals. I have heard there are lots of problems with them due to the software being too demanding.

Are there any other options to the 8600HD? Should I try to swap them before the tech comes out next week to do the Whole Home PVR?

Current Plan
500 Ignite Internet
Popular 4K + TMN/HBO + Space
Nextbox 4K
2 x 8600HD

$141

Steve
Aug 7, 2006
211 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
Got the same offer call. They called about 30-45 min after chatting to them online and not taking a higher offer. Pretty good deal. Went with $35 gigabit and 3 free months.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12302 posts
1910 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Crash Roberts wrote: Hi All

Just jumped back into Rogers (not sure if it is long term yet) and had two boxes delivered to add to the Nextbox 4k installed earlier this month. Fought hard to have the whole home pvr setup although Rogers has stopped selling it as of July but am concerned that the two boxes are the older 8600HD terminals. I have heard there are lots of problems with them due to the software being too demanding.

Are there any other options to the 8600HD? Should I try to swap them before the tech comes out next week to do the Whole Home PVR?

Current Plan
500 Ignite Internet
Popular 4K + TMN/HBO + Space
Nextbox 4K
2 x 8600HD

$141

Steve
Are you looking for DVR or just an HD box?? Yup, the 8600 SUCKS! Makes that weird azz whirling noise any time you press a function. The cisco 8642 HD is better actually... believe it's an older model but much better.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12302 posts
1910 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
cleacy1972 wrote: I'm honestly uncertain, but the reading of the change order that arrived with the new plan i'm on (I've yet to receive first bill) does appear to have it setup as a fixed term bundle. I would appear to be subject to an early cancellation fee and fixed price not fixed discount.
Ummm, here's an idea. Why not just call retentions and find out 100% re: promo?? Direct line. TEL: 1855 732 7149. There's a big difference with Robbers saying the promotion is for 2 yrs as opposed to saying price locked for 2 yrs. You may be confused.
Last edited by aznnorth on Sep 2nd, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Nov 18, 2003
3 posts
Was looking for an HD Box - I popped into a Rogers store and they swapped the two 8600 boxes for new Nextbox 4k - hope the setup for Whole Home PVR works.

Steve

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 2 guests)

freeman9