Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Aug 28, 2008
45 posts
5 upvotes
Called and set up a cancel of services date as they could not offer anything better than the price I was getting: $129.99 for 100Mbps(unlim), plus tv (middle tier), home phone ($9.99 version), 1 PVR and 1 HD box.
I received an email but didn't notice it until today, the day prior to my cancelled services date. I called into the winback # 1-866-600-9112 and spoke with a guy named Scott.
He was able to either give me a 1-year "no contract" for 150Mbps(unlim), popular tv and home phone, 1 PVR and 1 HD box for $116.99 OR
2-year deal: 500Mbps (unlim), popular tv (1-pvr, 1 hd box) and home phone (local only) for $99.67!!! Apparently the massive reduction in price is for the 500mbps and only offered for different postal codes but he was able to give it to me anyway so ymmv

fyi, I live in London and when I called Bell, the best they could do was give me a comparable tv/phone package with a whopping 6 Mbps!!! for $126 or so.
Aug 28, 2008
45 posts
5 upvotes
One0one wrote: For me personally, I had more success going through fb messenger than calling in. I have the ignite gigabit internet, premier TV package +hbo/tmn + 4k box, 4k channels free for a year and got it for $114/monthly taxes in.
that's an insane price guy. You must live in a competitive area...T.O.....GTA?? They don't need to compete like that in my area. The best Bell can offer me is 6mbps...ha!
Oct 6, 2017
36 posts
15 upvotes
Buzzz321 wrote: Called and set up a cancel of services date as they could not offer anything better than the price I was getting: $129.99 for 100Mbps(unlim), plus tv (middle tier), home phone ($9.99 version), 1 PVR and 1 HD box.
I received an email but didn't notice it until today, the day prior to my cancelled services date. I called into the winback # 1-866-600-9112 and spoke with a guy named Scott.
He was able to either give me a 1-year "no contract" for 150Mbps(unlim), popular tv and home phone, 1 PVR and 1 HD box for $116.99 OR
2-year deal: 500Mbps (unlim), popular tv (1-pvr, 1 hd box) and home phone (local only) for $99.67!!! Apparently the massive reduction in price is for the 500mbps and only offered for different postal codes but he was able to give it to me anyway so ymmv

fyi, I live in London and when I called Bell, the best they could do was give me a comparable tv/phone package with a whopping 6 Mbps!!! for $126 or so.
So that's 2 year contract?
Nov 22, 2009
13 posts
Toronto
Hey everyone,

I'm pretty sure this a good deal, so I wanted to make sure you all knew about it.

I was previously with Rogers and have been with Bell for the past year. I wasn't happy with the Bell offer after the first year discounts expired, so I called up Rogers.

Here's the offer:

Gigabit Internet
Popular Internet and Box
TMN/HBO Free for 1 Year
2 Year discount guarantee
Free install (but I'm going to pick up the box myself)

95 + tax

They also shared that it would be +10 to go to Premier or -10 to get to select.
Oct 25, 2012
7 posts
Barrie, ON
So I keep getting a text from rogers, the latest offer they sent me is 35.99 for 60u, or for $10 more get 150u? I am with teksavvy for 30/month for 50megs. lately I find that teksavvy is not very stable.
I use iptv. Also I live in barrie. is that a good deal?
Sep 13, 2018
1 posts
Have you had actual offers given to you through FB messenger? I've only had them offering to get people to call me, which they haven't actually followed through on to this point!
Dec 27, 2013
198 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Probably in here somewhere, but anyone see Ignite TV deals yet?
Feb 4, 2006
178 posts
8 upvotes
Markham
kbosahan wrote: Hey everyone,

I'm pretty sure this a good deal, so I wanted to make sure you all knew about it.

I was previously with Rogers and have been with Bell for the past year. I wasn't happy with the Bell offer after the first year discounts expired, so I called up Rogers.

Here's the offer:

Gigabit Internet
Popular Internet and Box
TMN/HBO Free for 1 Year

95 + tax

How were you able to get this deal? How long have you been without Rogers?
May 10, 2007
865 posts
36 upvotes
Thornhill
kbosahan wrote: Hey everyone,

Here's the offer:

Gigabit Internet
Popular Internet and Box
TMN/HBO Free for 1 Year

95 + tax

That is a great deal! I tried to get something similar, but got declined. so went the cancel route...
Nov 22, 2009
13 posts
Toronto
Alaric wrote: How were you able to get this deal? How long have you been without Rogers?
I had been with Rogers for years prior to canceling with them. I canceled last year and got a call from their win-back department a couple of weeks ago. I didn't listen to any offers when the called me, but did call them back yesterday and got this offer.
Oct 7, 2017
176 posts
60 upvotes
I saw someone get 1G for $35. I called and said best they can do is $60 and you need to be a student.
Jan 7, 2010
5 posts
Bundle discounts end in early October. Tried getting a decent new deal over the phone and through chat with no success.
Put in my cancellation notice Tuesday evening after 37 years with Rogers Cable! (21 years with Rogers Wireless, just renewed 2 lines in April).
Got the Winback e-mail yesterday. Accepted the following:

500u Internet
Premier TV
TMN/HBO Free for 1 Year
Home phone with unlimited NA calling + call waiting, etc.
2 Year discount guarantee, no contract.

$105 + tax

Saving $40+/month over current package, even after accounting for the loss of BCB discount on my wireless.
Don't really need Gigabit Internet so didn't push for it -- no gamers in the house and my old 100u worked just fine for us :)
Own my own cable box and PVR through rent-to-own so didn't need them included.
Dec 27, 2006
208 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I went through Facebook and was able to get 150u for $50+tax.

I actually went through a cancellation but nobody called back so I took whatever FB had. Still cheaper than what I was paying before.
Oct 6, 2006
113 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
DaveTO wrote: I went through Facebook and was able to get 150u for $50+tax.

I actually went through a cancellation but nobody called back so I took whatever FB had. Still cheaper than what I was paying before.
You could have gotten 500u for $50 through retention.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

powergirl88