Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Aug 29, 2010
149 posts
5 upvotes
Checking back into this topic for my yearly renewal, and I see the past few pages are all people posting their postal codes and for Rogers reps to PM them. Is this the new normal for this topic now?
Jul 17, 2005
88 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
New Customer in L5W area. Ignite Flex 20+ TV with 1 Gig internet
Dec 18, 2015
16 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
SpaceSquad wrote: Set my cancellation date one month out after pro was due to expire and "it's the best deal on offer". 2 days later I get a call from an ambassador and get offered $39.99 300u(unlimited), 44.99 500u, or $49.99 1gig u. Took the deal and am happy until 12 months from now when the dance starts again.

Ottawa K1T
Got the same offer from Ambassador after cancellation yesterday. A house in Toronto Bell fiber area. Please post if anyone gets a better offer than this. TY.
Aug 13, 2011
2 posts
NORTH YORK
Existing customer with Internet, Popular, & Home Phone @ M3L looking for New deal.

Rogers Rep please PM me.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1275 posts
595 upvotes
Cambridge
It's been a week since I set date for cancellation (end of Feb) through Twitter but haven't received call from Ambassador team yet. What could be the issue and is there anything I can do to trigger the call?
Thanks!
Jan 1, 2009
382 posts
63 upvotes
jansh84 wrote: It's been a week since I set date for cancellation (end of Feb) through Twitter but haven't received call from Ambassador team yet. What could be the issue and is there anything I can do to trigger the call?
Thanks!
Just call the Winback number (1.866.600.9112) and say you missed a call; they will have your account and you can go from there. I did the same thing (called in myself). Ambassador person was very friendly and helpful. Ended up signing to move to Ignite, for Flex 20 & Gig Unlimited for $95 + tax, with installation cost waived. I know others on this thread have done better but this is good enough for me, for the next year, as it is a $25/month savings from my existing legacy Popular TV + Drama Theme Pack & Ignite 75 Internet..... Good luck!

p.s. Asked for an XB7 model but Ambassador said XB7 has not been fully launched yet so she can't guarantee one but I can move to XB7 by calling Ignite Concierge when the XB7 are 'fully launched'.
Deal Addict
May 5, 2008
1947 posts
649 upvotes
circus_boi wrote: Just call the Winback number (1.866.600.9112) and say you missed a call; they will have your account and you can go from there. I did the same thing (called in myself). Ambassador person was very friendly and helpful. Ended up signing to move to Ignite, for Flex 20 & Gig Unlimited for $95 + tax, with installation cost waived. I know others on this thread have done better but this is good enough for me, for the next year, as it is a $25/month savings from my existing legacy Popular TV + Drama Theme Pack & Ignite 75 Internet..... Good luck!

p.s. Asked for an XB7 model but Ambassador said XB7 has not been fully launched yet so she can't guarantee one but I can move to XB7 by calling Ignite Concierge when the XB7 are 'fully launched'.
... Flex 20 & Gig Unlimited for $95 + tax ...

Hmmm.. might consider TV subscription again with increasing number of Flex channels... They need to bump it to 30...

N.B. What's XB7?
Last edited by Tichi on Feb 9th, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1275 posts
595 upvotes
Cambridge
circus_boi wrote: Just call the Winback number (1.866.600.9112) and say you missed a call; they will have your account and you can go from there. I did the same thing (called in myself). Ambassador person was very friendly and helpful. Ended up signing to move to Ignite, for Flex 20 & Gig Unlimited for $95 + tax, with installation cost waived. I know others on this thread have done better but this is good enough for me, for the next year, as it is a $25/month savings from my existing legacy Popular TV + Drama Theme Pack & Ignite 75 Internet..... Good luck!

Thanks for the detailed response.

Is the Winback and Ambassador teams same? Wondering if there's any difference between teams for incoming calls vs outgoing (ones they make from their side to reach customers) and if that can lead to difference in offers?
Feb 10, 2019
11 posts
1 upvote
I called the winback no. Currently on $37.99 (42.93 including taxes) Gigabit plan with shitty old Hitron router that barely gives 100-300 mbps speeds and it is supposed to be close to gigabit. SMH!

Promotion expiring in March, so asked for best price for gigabit and new modem. They refused to give the new modem unless i upgrade to Ignite services and on top of that, the same 37.99 plan they are now offering at 47.99 (54.23 including taxes) at the very best. Ridiculous!

The winback rep transferred to loyalty team and she offered the same. So, scheduled my cancellation for March 15, i.e promo expiry date. Not sure if and when will i get any call back from them. Fingers crossed! Coz paying $10 more for same shitty internet with shitty router makes no sense.

Guys, what do you think?

1) Is anyone here in same boat who is only looking for Gigabit internet withOUT the ignite services?
2) Were you offered anything better?
3) When do you think i can get a call back from Rogers?
Jan 1, 2009
382 posts
63 upvotes
Tichi wrote: ... Flex 20 & Gig Unlimited for $95 + tax ...

Hmmm.. might consider TV subscription again with increasing number of Flex channels... They need to bump it to 30...

N.B. What's XB7?
I'm not techie, but from reading some threads on the Rogers Community sites (), and confirmed by my Ambassador person, XB7 is the Gen 2 Ignite Modem and is more future-proof as it supports Wifi6 (but apparently not Wifi6E). The Ambassador person says I can always call Ignite Concierge in the future to switch modem, if I don't even up with the XB7 in the first instance. My new equipment is being dropped off on Sat., so will see how it all works out...
Jan 1, 2009
382 posts
63 upvotes
jansh84 wrote: Thanks for the detailed response.

Is the Winback and Ambassador teams same? Wondering if there's any difference between teams for incoming calls vs outgoing (ones they make from their side to reach customers) and if that can lead to difference in offers?
Yes, it's the same. It's also the same number; my Ambassador person has called a couple of times and it's the same number showing up on call display. I specifically asked my Ambassador person to call me back in a few days after her initial offer, to avoid dealing with a new person, and she did. I took the few days to do a bit of research and as a result, asked for Gig instead of 500MB internet, for the same price she had originally quoted me. She agreed pretty easily.
Oct 1, 2009
16 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Existing customer with Internet only. Looking for new internet only deal.
Postal Code: M6P

Rogers Rep please PM me. Thanks!
Feb 8, 2021
1 posts
Existing customer with Internet and looking for only Internet.

Postal Code: K2S

Please pm me Rogers rep. Thanks!
Apr 4, 2018
49 posts
13 upvotes
Existing customer with Internet (Ignite Internet), Home Phone and Cable (Legacy - Premier/Premier Specialty Pack) with pricing ending in March.

Postal Code: K2M

Please pm me Rogers rep. Many thanks.
Feb 4, 2016
126 posts
187 upvotes
Ajax, ON
Online chatted with Rogers to see if I can drop the bill from $88 taxes in for gigabit internet only. They said nothing could be done, so I asked if they can set a cancellation date for the end of the month. They tried a couple other offers but nothing was really substantial.

3 hours later, someone from the Ambassador team called and chatted with me about potential deals. She ended up offering the gigabit internet for $49.99 plus taxes. Happy to be back to the original price before it spiked.

Based in Ajax, detached home.
Apr 15, 2009
318 posts
325 upvotes
toronto
New customer on market for 1gig internet ( with or without tv) looking for a deal. Postal M4C
DM me please.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
1468 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
krazykrazz wrote: Had $60 monthly discount expiring this month on Ignite Gigabit. Through online chat was able to get a $50 discount applied for another 12 months.

Will take it for now.
I attempted to speak with online chat but was told to call retentions. Am I doing something wrong? I didn't know loyalty deals could be negotiated via online chat support.
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
4249 posts
825 upvotes
Pickering, ON
New customer looking to move from Bell, looking for 500u or Gigabit... L1X

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)