Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Aug 24, 2018
11 posts
7 upvotes
FYI....u dont need to wait for winback to call you back after u put in a cancellation notice.......just call winback 24hrs after cancelling and just say u recieved an email or call or something to call them directly..........no need to wait for a callback because your cancellation is already on file
Jan 7, 2006
460 posts
46 upvotes
I know this is a retention thread, but what kind of deal can i get without going through retentions? Right now I'm paying I think 79.99 for 100u and 69.99 for VIP. I just took a deal with them because the bill was too high so I kind of have to keep one service with them for the next 6 months. I'm thinking of cutting internet as that seems to be the one I can shop around more for.

If a rep could PM me some deals or somebody could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.
Jul 4, 2015
94 posts
14 upvotes
ON
actng wrote: i never return the cables, whether power cable (non AC adapter) or AV cables or HDMI or ethernet or anything
i don't even return the remotes
aznnorth wrote: 1. No. HDMI cables are not required on a return. All they want is the main box and smaller power source box + any cable attached to power source (which plugs into the wall outlet).

2. They can charge you for the boxes after the cancellation date if not returned on time. Not the services. Believe they give you up to 10 days. Thereafter they can charge you full price for boxes I believe... as "unreturned".

3. You can kill the coaxial thingy. If setting up a new service again you can request a rogers tech to come out and restring new cable at zero cost to you. That's normally included in the activation fee but if rep zero's it out you get it for free as is the usual case.
shopgirl1 wrote: Rogers now charges you if the power cables aren't returned. They don't care about the ethernet or remotes.
Toss out the coax cable. They don't want those either.
Excellent, thanks everyone. That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
12722 posts
2824 upvotes
Markham
Sheex wrote: I know this is a retention thread, but what kind of deal can i get without going through retentions? Right now I'm paying I think 79.99 for 100u and 69.99 for VIP. I just took a deal with them because the bill was too high so I kind of have to keep one service with them for the next 6 months. I'm thinking of cutting internet as that seems to be the one I can shop around more for.

If a rep could PM me some deals or somebody could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.
If you're a current customer, retentions will be your best bet. you are way overpaying.
Dec 30, 2007
742 posts
143 upvotes
Just renewed for one year.

Previous plan : Digital VIP and 100u ignite internet for $124.82 not including tax.

New plan : TV Premiere and 150u ignite internet for $122.98 not including tax.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12310 posts
1914 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
timberland29 wrote: Just renewed for one year.

Previous plan : Digital VIP and 100u ignite internet for $124.82 not including tax.

Nuts. You shud get Premiere + 1Gb internet for $100 + tx.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Nov 6, 2009
32 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote: Nuts. You shud get Premiere + 1Gb internet for $100 + tx.
When you say “should” do you mean that it’s an actual retention plan from Rogers?

I’m expired now on 1Gb/Digital VIP for $133 after tax. The non-retention rep was able to do $144 for the same package but I suspect I can do better.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12310 posts
1914 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Jetdriver wrote: When you say “should” do you mean that it’s an actual retention plan from Rogers?

I’m expired now on 1Gb/Digital VIP for $133 after tax. The non-retention rep was able to do $144 for the same package but I suspect I can do better.
Retentions cant do shit all. They are bounded by their log-in code as what authority they have. Obvi the higher you go the more authority the reps have.

CSR << Retentions << Mgt Office << OOTP. So the next step is Mgt Office. Number listed in the forum tags above.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Dec 30, 2007
742 posts
143 upvotes
That wasn’t offered to me. I’m still happy with my offer at least my bills don’t go and the internet is faster than my old plan.
Sep 13, 2012
886 posts
464 upvotes
Vaughan, ON

Too late now but shouldn’t have given up Digital VIP - could have negotiated ongoing manual credits which bring the price in line with current promo deals.

For those being told otherwise by advisors don’t be fooled into giving up grandfathered cable plans without first discussing with management or beyond.
Sep 13, 2012
886 posts
464 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
Jetdriver wrote: When you say “should” do you mean that it’s an actual retention plan from Rogers?

See previous comment.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2598 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
100Pacer wrote: Too late now but shouldn’t have given up Digital VIP - could have negotiated ongoing manual credits which bring the price in line with current promo deals.

For those being told otherwise by advisors don’t be fooled into giving up grandfathered cable plans without first discussing with management or beyond.
Management office is forcing me off VIP. No promos or credits on that offering. Two different agents.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2006
2598 posts
316 upvotes
Mississauga
Have VIP and gigabit internet at $99.99 plus tax.

First management office rep offered around $113 plus tax including 4K PVR and channels with change to Oremiere and gigabit. Second rep, despite having the incident number, could no longer offer me that in less than 30 days on a callback. Now told me it's around $138 plus tax!

I even stated that Bell is offering me a better deal but I'd rather stay with Rogers. Second management office rep didn't care.

I've escalated back to OotP because that's simply b.s.

Thoughts?
Sep 13, 2012
886 posts
464 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
adrianf74 wrote: Management office is forcing me off VIP. No promos or credits on that offering. Two different agents.
They can’t force you off. Escalate to office of the President.
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2008
2443 posts
245 upvotes
Scarborough

That’s crazy. I would call again and negotiate. I got popular tv with two boxes and gigabit for $84.xx taxes in.

They are over charging you.
Koodo $54-12GB +1GB, 1000 LD Minutes, Unlimited Canada Wide Calling, Unlimited text and MMS worldwide
Koodo $36-8GB, 1000 LD Minutes, Unlimited Canada Wide Calling, Unlimited text and MMS worldwide

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 3 guests)

Koppoman, cheetah33, Pet3r67