Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Feb 17, 2021
6 posts
Existing Rogers Gigabit customer, current plan will expire soon, looking for Rogers rep to PM with current offer (300u or 500u). Markham Area(L6C). Thanks!
Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
swirl960 wrote: I was able to negotiate a deal for gigabit for $63 for a family member did this through FB.
Today I tried live chat to renew mine and I am getting $59 for 500 for $63 for gigabit, I used to pay $46 for 500u...I will have to try the FB later and see. I would rather get 500u for a cheaper price.
Try this: Request a future-dated cancellation on Live Chat and wait for a Rogers Ambassador to call you. When I did it for 1 week in advance, I got a call the very next day. He offered me gigabit for $54.99/month (12 months). I mentioned that I needed a gateway with Wi-Fi 6 support and a day later, I had the new Gen2 XB7 gateway in my hands. I upgraded from 500 Mbps for $52.99/month with the white Hitron CODA-4582 gateway. The XB7 uses a much better Broadcom system on a chip and it has Wi-Fi 6 support. I noticed slightly lower latency and zero packet loss. Keep in mind that accepting the win-back offer means moving to a new account. In my case, a previous account on the same address was re-opened which resulted in it merging the old and new under the same email. Eventually, I'm going to contact Rogers to have the old one removed.

Anyway, this is the only way to get a good deal. I think 500 Mbps is available for $49.99/month but you won't be able to get the new Gen2 XB7 gateway with that plan. They're instructed to only give it to gigabit customers on the new ignite platform. You'd get the Gen1 XB6 instead and there's no guarantee that you'll get the Broadcom-based Technicolor version. It's better than the Arris version that uses the same Intel Puma 7 SoC as the Hitron CODA-4582.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2008
1386 posts
347 upvotes
31337hacker wrote: Try this: Request a future-dated cancellation on Live Chat and wait for a Rogers Ambassador to call you. When I did it for 1 week in advance, I got a call the very next day. He offered me gigabit for $54.99/month (12 months). I mentioned that I needed a gateway with Wi-Fi 6 support and a day later, I had the new Gen2 XB7 gateway in my hands. I upgraded from 500 Mbps for $52.99/month with the white Hitron CODA-4582 gateway. The XB7 uses a much better Broadcom system on a chip and it has Wi-Fi 6 support. I noticed slightly lower latency and zero packet loss. Keep in mind that accepting the win-back offer means moving to a new account. In my case, a previous account on the same address was re-opened which resulted in it merging the old and new under the same email. Eventually, I'm going to contact Rogers to have the old one removed.

Anyway, this is the only way to get a good deal. I think 500 Mbps is available for $49.99/month but you won't be able to get the new Gen2 XB7 gateway with that plan. They're instructed to only give it to gigabit customers on the new ignite platform. You'd get the Gen1 XB6 instead and there's no guarantee that you'll get the Broadcom-based Technicolor version. It's better than the Arris version that uses the same Intel Puma 7 SoC as the Hitron CODA-4582.

I'm already on Gigabit Ignite but on the old CODA modem, can I just call in and get the new Gen2 XB7 gateway?
Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
freakyflow wrote: I'm already on Gigabit Ignite but on the old CODA modem, can I just call in and get the new Gen2 XB7 gateway?
Unfortunately, that's not possible. The only surefire way to get the XB7 gateway is to switch to the new ignite platform with gigabit service (new account).
Jul 2, 2010
2 posts
Toronto
Looking to switch over from fido internet to Roger's internet.

Please DM me if you've got some good deals. Looking for 300mbps+

Thanks
Jul 2, 2010
2 posts
Toronto
Looking to switch from fido to Roger's.

Looking for 300mbps+. Plz message if any deals available.

Thanks
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
cessnabmw wrote: I'm on the 1GB plan for $42.99. Expires Feb 21. Trying to get it it renewed for a similar price.
what did you get?
Nov 18, 2016
6 posts
1 upvote
Hello Rogers reps,

Current longtime customer with 1 year promo expiring first week of March, 2021. [postal code: L6B - Markham - in a bell fibe area]

Currently paying $52.99 + tax = $59.88 for Ignite Gigabit Ultd.

Please PM with any current offers.

Thanks!
Jan 1, 2009
382 posts
63 upvotes
31337hacker wrote: Unfortunately, that's not possible. The only surefire way to get the XB7 gateway is to switch to the new ignite platform with gigabit service (new account).
Is the XB7 materially better than the XB6 (esp. as no one really can leverage the wifi6 capabilities at this point anyway)? I just switched to Ignite Gigabit and the Ambassador lady (very nice) said she couldn't guarantee that I would get an XB7, but that I can call in afterwards to switch to an XB7 "once the XB7 is rolled out". I didn't get an XB7 but did get the Technicolor one and (knock on wood) seems to be working pretty great. Just wondering if XB7 is worth switching for? Thanks!
Dec 25, 2004
182 posts
10 upvotes
Maple
Question - why is it that nobody is providing what deals they got and for what price? Is Rogers reviewing this forum and calling back customers via RFD?

Any deals in Wasaga @ L9Z ?
Nov 22, 2017
105 posts
65 upvotes
Existing Rogers customer with bundle expiring soon. Looking for just internet in L4B area.

Please PM me if any deals
Oct 25, 2004
388 posts
43 upvotes
Thank you!!! I will try and let you guys know
31337hacker wrote: Try this: Request a future-dated cancellation on Live Chat and wait for a Rogers Ambassador to call you. When I did it for 1 week in advance, I got a call the very next day. He offered me gigabit for $54.99/month (12 months). I mentioned that I needed a gateway with Wi-Fi 6 support and a day later, I had the new Gen2 XB7 gateway in my hands. I upgraded from 500 Mbps for $52.99/month with the white Hitron CODA-4582 gateway. The XB7 uses a much better Broadcom system on a chip and it has Wi-Fi 6 support. I noticed slightly lower latency and zero packet loss. Keep in mind that accepting the win-back offer means moving to a new account. In my case, a previous account on the same address was re-opened which resulted in it merging the old and new under the same email. Eventually, I'm going to contact Rogers to have the old one removed.

Oct 4, 2016
19 posts
43 upvotes
What was the number used for the Rogers ambassador? I just put in my cancellation because they are increasing my 500U by $20/month + tax. I have tried multiple platforms (FB, live chat and calling in) and still the cheapest rate was still $20/month more. Postal code is L5L
Apr 20, 2009
121 posts
19 upvotes
Long time Rogers customer - with internet and cable and home phone N5A. Please msg me
Sep 26, 2016
20 posts
49 upvotes
Existing Rogers customer with Gigabit internet, TV, Phone bundle expiring at the end of the month.
Looking for gigabit internet.
Postal Code: M1W
Can open new account with another person if needed.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2008
1053 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Man, this thread has become quite unhelpful with mostly posts from people looking for deals. Anyway, here's what I got after the annual song and dance, in case it might be of interest to someone:

Context: I only have internet service with Rogers and don't required a lot of bandwidth. Was paying $38+ tax for 150 Mbps unlimited, promo ending early March. Used chat to see what my options were, best they would do was $55+ tax for the same plan. Said no thank you and put through a cancellation.

A few days later got a call from retentions. They offered 300Mbps unlimited for $40+ tax, which I agree to. The only downer is that it went into effect immediately, would have preferred having it start after my existing promo ends.

The backup plan was to switch to Fido under the 75Mbps unlimited for $40 + tax (including $25/mo credit for 1 year) or the 150Mbps unlimited for $45 + tax (including $30/mo credit for 1 year).
Jun 24, 2019
223 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
circus_boi wrote:
Is the XB7 materially better than the XB6 (esp. as no one really can leverage the wifi6 capabilities at this point anyway)? I just switched to Ignite Gigabit and the Ambassador lady (very nice) said she couldn't guarantee that I would get an XB7, but that I can call in afterwards to switch to an XB7 "once the XB7 is rolled out". I didn't get an XB7 but did get the Technicolor one and (knock on wood) seems to be working pretty great. Just wondering if XB7 is worth switching for? Thanks!
If you already have the Broadcom-based Technicolor XB6, then you're good. I don't think it's worth switching to the XB7 unless you really want Wi-Fi 6 or the fan in the XB6 bothers you a lot. The XB7 is fan-less.
Jenny1975 wrote: Man, this thread has become quite unhelpful with mostly posts from people looking for deals. Anyway, here's what I got after the annual song and dance, in case it might be of interest to someone:

Context: I only have internet service with Rogers and don't required a lot of bandwidth. Was paying $38+ tax for 150 Mbps unlimited, promo ending early March. Used chat to see what my options were, best they would do was $55+ tax for the same plan. Said no thank you and put through a cancellation.

A few days later got a call from retentions. They offered 300Mbps unlimited for $40+ tax, which I agree to. The only downer is that it went into effect immediately, would have preferred having it start after my existing promo ends.

The backup plan was to switch to Fido under the 75Mbps unlimited for $40 + tax (including $25/mo credit for 1 year) or the 150Mbps unlimited for $45 + tax (including $30/mo credit for 1 year).
That's the only way to get a good deal. People are wasting their time with the "Looking for X internet at XYX YXY" comments. You can request a future-dated cancellation and in their system, you'll count as already cancelled. The ambassador team is just another name for the win-back team (retention is different).
Danosmanca wrote: What was the number used for the Rogers ambassador? I just put in my cancellation because they are increasing my 500U by $20/month + tax. I have tried multiple platforms (FB, live chat and calling in) and still the cheapest rate was still $20/month more. Postal code is L5L
It's 18664315632.
Jul 11, 2019
13 posts
1 upvote
Looking for gb internet and premium cable and Crace with hbo. I’m moving. Could you pm me with cable and. /or Ignite. I’m in St. Thomas.
Feb 10, 2009
10 posts
3 upvotes
Looking for GB Internet and Ignite TV package. New customer in L6C
Jun 9, 2017
263 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
31337hacker wrote: That's the only way to get a good deal. People are wasting their time with the "Looking for X internet at XYX YXY" comments. You can request a future-dated cancellation and in their system, you'll count as already cancelled. The ambassador team is just another name for the win-back team (retention is different).
It's 18664315632.
What does the retention team do that is different from ambassador / win-back team?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)