Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
2772 posts
461 upvotes
seuxlo wrote: Be careful with field sales reps who contact you via RFD. While they may get you a pretty good deal, if issues come up and you find out you're not getting what was promised, it may be difficult to contact the rep again. Make sure everything is in writing and save all emails.
That's a good comment, thanks. One day after cancelling I also just got the online code popup, a voicemail, and an email, so I'll see what they will offer as well. I've never actually gone this far down the cancelling path before. I gave a 30 day cancel so I'd have options before running out of time.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there. But it is still there... every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid.
Oct 24, 2014
10 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
seuxlo wrote: Be careful with field sales reps who contact you via RFD. While they may get you a pretty good deal, if issues come up and you find out you're not getting what was promised, it may be difficult to contact the rep again. Make sure everything is in writing and save all emails.
Agreed. I asked the person to send me confirmation before the install date.
This person actually dragged their feet a bit so I called in to the main Rogers number to confirm.
Everything checked out and they sent an email as confirmation.

So for sure I'd recommend confirming by calling into Rogers and getting an email before your install date.
Feb 20, 2019
26 posts
39 upvotes
Got offered $109 for gigabit unlimited, popular tv and a phone line (unlimited north america + 900 international minutes) as a new customer from bell. Someone contacted us after calling Rogers about their plans.
How good of a deal is this? Currently paying $100 for 50mbp internet, fibe tv starter and a phone line.

Anything I should look out for?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3796 posts
2369 upvotes
Toronto and London
Our Gigabit/Premier $100 bundle is coming to an end. Seems like there is a dearth of deals now?

I was offered:

Ignite Premier TV
Gigabit Internet
Home Phone (comes with ignite tv I believe) and International Plus (for parents)
$150 installation fee (with $100 credit)

All for $170+tax.

Is this good?

We were paying $130+tax on the 12 mth promo (for all 3 services) but seems like they aren't offering much these days in terms of all 3 services?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
2772 posts
461 upvotes
So does anyone know which route offers the best deal, or will it all be the same? Depending on the method of contact, I've been given 3 different phone numbers to call:
email says call 1-866-600-9112
web popup says call 1-877-295-6188
voicemail says call 1-866-622-7578
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there. But it is still there... every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4147 posts
2218 upvotes
Hey guys, I posted here a month ago about this problem and I didn’t know what would happen at the time. A day ago I got my second Rogers bill and the amount I’m supposed to pay is not the amount I was told I’d be paying. I have all the emails still from the field sales rep.

What can I do in terms of getting this situation resolved as I’m pay $40 more on my bill than what I was told I’d be paying.

Thank you.
Man oh man, did your post ever hit the nail on the head with my problem lol. I’m in this current situation and trying to see what I can do to fix it.
Oct 24, 2014
10 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Flavour wrote: So does anyone know which route offers the best deal, or will it all be the same? Depending on the method of contact, I've been given 3 different phone numbers to call:
email says call 1-866-600-9112
web popup says call 1-877-295-6188
voicemail says call 1-866-622-7578
??? Just try them all...

Search is your friend... Check this forum for those numbers and see the past results.

A couple of questions for you.
- Did you contact the sales rep?
- When you have been calling the Rogers cancellation Dept etc, have you been telling them what you want or just listening to their offer?
Oct 24, 2014
10 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sejad wrote: Hey guys, I posted here a month ago about this problem and I didn’t know what would happen at the time. A day ago I got my second Rogers bill and the amount I’m supposed to pay is not the amount I was told I’d be paying. I have all the emails still from the field sales rep.

What can I do in terms of getting this situation resolved as I’m pay $40 more on my bill than what I was told I’d be paying.

Thank you.

Man oh man, did your post ever hit the nail on the head with my problem lol. I’m in this current situation and trying to see what I can do to fix it.
Rogers billing is an absolute nightmare. I had a $300+ bill out of nowhere that took 2 calls to resolve.
Just call them and ask wtf is going on.
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4147 posts
2218 upvotes
wyldstallyons wrote: Rogers billing is an absolute nightmare. I had a $300+ bill out of nowhere that took 2 calls to resolve.
Just call them and ask wtf is going on.
Yeah....I was told be given a one time $200 credit to drop my Rogers bundle to $100ish over 12 months. My bill came in and I had to pay $160....uhmm, okay. So I get I had partial prior charges and all. But I was told I wouldn’t pay installation/hardware fees....so wouldn’t my account be in the minus ($100ish) as my bill from my previous month would only be only around $100 and I had a supposed $200 credit.

When you called, did you just ask to have it escalated to a supervisor/manager?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
2772 posts
461 upvotes
wyldstallyons wrote: ??? Just try them all...

Search is your friend... Check this forum for those numbers and see the past results.

A couple of questions for you.
- Did you contact the sales rep?
- When you have been calling the Rogers cancellation Dept etc, have you been telling them what you want or just listening to their offer?
If a search had provided results to my question I wouldn't have asked it. Please show me where the answer to this question is.

I don't have a sales rep number to contact. And when I cancelled I gave them Bell's offer and they gave me their offer. I said it wasn't close to the Bell offer so I went ahead with the cancel.
Oct 24, 2014
10 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sejad wrote: Yeah....I was told be given a one time $200 credit to drop my Rogers bundle to $100ish over 12 months. My bill came in and I had to pay $160....uhmm, okay. So I get I had partial prior charges and all. But I was told I wouldn’t pay installation/hardware fees....so wouldn’t my account be in the minus ($100ish) as my bill from my previous month would only be only around $100 and I had a supposed $200 credit.

When you called, did you just ask to have it escalated to a supervisor/manager?
Through my 20 or so calls with Rogers trying to get a deal, I had a callback number for the Management office.
I got this number by first using the 'Share a Concern' on the Rogers website and then receiving a callback the next day (with a crappy "deal").

Long story short... I ended up calling the Management office to get the charges reversed. (since they were the ones who screwed up my billing).
Oct 24, 2014
10 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Flavour wrote: If a search had provided results to my question I wouldn't have asked it. Please show me where the answer to this question is.

I don't have a sales rep number to contact. And when I cancelled I gave them Bell's offer and they gave me their offer. I said it wasn't close to the Bell offer so I went ahead with the cancel.
Check the top right of the page. You should see a "search this thread". I entered the first phone number and got 3 pages worth of results...

For the sales rep, my bad.. I thought I replied to your message earlier.

Sorry for the crustiness but it just seems like people aren't even trying to search a thread that has 30000 posts...and just posting page after page of "gee is this a good deal?"
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
4147 posts
2218 upvotes
wyldstallyons wrote: Through my 20 or so calls with Rogers trying to get a deal, I had a callback number for the Management office.
I got this number by first using the 'Share a Concern' on the Rogers website and then receiving a callback the next day (with a crappy "deal").

Long story short... I ended up calling the Management office to get the charges reversed. (since they were the ones who screwed up my billing).
How would one call this manamagent office?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3124 posts
1477 upvotes
Mississauga
Winback used to be the golden standard for guaranteeing a good deal but even that's changed now.
I love RFD! :)

Thread Information

There are currently 11 users viewing this thread. (4 members and 7 guests)

Stroshow, Pecopls, veronica3, mattman3234