Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Sep 27, 2008
51 posts
19 upvotes
Markham
periyava1894 wrote: 33? Wow! what’s your location ?
In Markham. But honestly, I don't think postal code matters that much. The winback/retention team said there were no promotions in my area. I may be wrong but I think the office of the president can usually override many rules as well.
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
514 upvotes
Richmond Hill
yellowlight18 wrote: I currently have Ignite Internet Gigabit Ultd for $52.99. The promotion has ended.

I am getting offered smart next generation Ignite internet with a new modem, SmartStream box and Gigabit speed with unlimited usage included for $64.99/month plus tax and a one time $29 setup fee. I would need to change the modem.

Is this a good offer?
Wow how did you get this deal? amazing
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
514 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Currently with Fido but like to upgrade my internet with Rogers. L4S. Please DM me
Jan 4, 2008
942 posts
413 upvotes
Mississauga
Does live chat even work anymore?

They've owed me $50 for months now and still nothing. I've tried contacting live chat support but it always says no operators are available.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
2499 posts
991 upvotes
RoyF482 wrote: Wow how did you get this deal? amazing
You can get that deal if you ask to be transferred to ignite department. They are separate department.

However, it's kinda gimmic as "generation Ignite internet" is outright marketing non-sense. SmartStream box is glorified android box with not much usage. Newer model is good to have but I would take Gigabit for $54.99 or $59.99 anytime over this promo.
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
514 upvotes
Richmond Hill
joongpark wrote: You can get that deal if you ask to be transferred to ignite department. They are separate department.

However, it's kinda gimmic as "generation Ignite internet" is outright marketing non-sense. SmartStream box is glorified android box with not much usage. Newer model is good to have but I would take Gigabit for $54.99 or $59.99 anytime over this promo.
how do I find such prices? 59.99 for a GB? wow.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2016
1266 posts
683 upvotes
Received a lot of DMs regarding Bell. This is appreciated - but a huge turn off on these Bell deals is that the TV portion is a two year contract. There is a $75 cancellation fee. There are other fees as well. Not sure if you're getting the greatest deal with Bell either.
Oct 14, 2015
159 posts
56 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
New customer looking for Internet only deals. Postal code is L4R in Midland. PM please.

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2014
1051 posts
201 upvotes
Ajax
RoyF482 wrote: Wow how did you get this deal? amazing
The pricing is good, but the service with this so called new Ignite is worse than previous service. There are so many WIFI connectivity issues after I installed this gateway modem. The Ignite hub app is not very helpful either with resetting and troubleshooting the modem issues.
Mar 6, 2018
4 posts
Existing Bell customer looking for internet and tv bundle. Postal code L5J 0B1. Please PM me
Nov 21, 2010
980 posts
593 upvotes
Canada
Current Bell FTTH Gigabit customer (+ AltTV). Year promo is gone so looking to find something more affordable.

Looking for 500Mbps/1 Gigabit Internet. Might be willing to bundle cell plan if price is right. M8W
Dec 1, 2009
89 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
Current Rogers customer, Have Gigabit, flex 5 tv and security.
Credits ran out, looking to stay wtih Rogers but just have
500Mbps/1 Gigabit Internet or with Flex 5 for what I was paying before.
Jun 18, 2016
61 posts
14 upvotes
Current Bell customer. Looking for internet only now - happy to switch to Rogers or whatever company. PM me please. L4B
Jan 10, 2018
63 posts
135 upvotes
Any tips for new clients to Rogers? Ambassador lines and rates are for existing clients.

Called a few reps who only quote an $85/month for gigiabit for 12 months. Does anyone have a $55/month rate option for gigiabit internet. PM me. Postal code L4L
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
This thread has been corrupted with lazy people "looking for a rep". This is not the Bell thread!

From the first page, @TomRFD [OP] :
This thread is for the discussion of Rogers deals for new customers and retention offers and strategies. Discussions of competitors offers, small business promos, etc.
should all be done in other threads.

If you're a Rogers rep who can provide offers to the community members of RedFlagDeals, please send me (OP - @TomRFD) a PM and I'll add your info to this post.
You're not allowed to promote your services yourself!

Ontario Rogers Reps:
-------------------------------------------
Mike Porter (Used to be a Rogers Rep) He is still in contact with reps from Rogers and will connect you with them.
Contact him via PM
@MSP123
or 647-204-7547
MIKE CAN ONLY HELP NEW CUSTOMERS!
NEW CUSTOMERS WILL HAVE TO REACH OUT TO HIM.

EXISTING CUSTOMERS MUST CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE, USE CHAT OR FB, TRY TO NEGOTIATE AND IF THAT FAILS SET A CANCELLATION GIVING YOU
TIME TO HEAR BACK FROM THE WINBACK TEAM. CANCELLING DURING THE WEEK SEEMS TO YIELD BETTER CALL BACK RESULTS.

IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK AFTER CANCELLING, CALL 866-600-9112 (WINBACK TEAM).
DO NOT CALL THIS NUMBER IF YOU HAVEN’T ACTUALLY SET UP A CANCEL DATE! THEY WILL NOT SPEAK TO YOU WITHOUT A CANCELLATION IN PLACE.

ACTUALLY READING PREVIOUS POSTS WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT DEALS ARE AVAILABLE.

>>>Please share your results so other members can be better informed and know what to expect in terms of deals from Rogers
(indicate if pricing includes tax)<<<

ONE MORE THING, THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT IS THERE TO SOLVE CUSTOMERS ISSUES WITH PROBLEMS DUE TO MISINFORMATION OR ERRORS BY CSR'S, NOT TO PROVIDE DEALS TO ALL CALLERS.

*CAPS ON BECAUSE THIS NEEDS TO BE LOUD!
Last edited by cassador on Apr 23rd, 2021 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Dec 31, 2020
21 posts
15 upvotes
Currently paying $82.99 promotional price for 1GBPS with Rogers.
Anyone from Rogers and Bell can PM me a better deal? No bundles please.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2013
1532 posts
939 upvotes
Scarborough
cassador wrote: This thread has been corrupted with lazy people "looking for a rep". This is not the Bell thread!

From the first page, @TomRFD [OP] :

MIKE CAN ONLY HELP NEW CUSTOMERS!

EXISTING CUSTOMERS MUST CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE, USE CHAT OR FB, TRY TO NEGOTIATE AND IF THAT FAILS SET A CANCELLATION GIVING YOU
TIME TO HEAR BACK FROM THE WINBACK TEAM. CANCELLING DURING THE WEEK SEEMS TO YIELD BETTER CALL BACK RESULTS.

IF YOU DON’T HEAR BACK AFTER CANCELLING, CALL 866-600-9112 (WINBACK TEAM).
DO NOT CALL THIS NUMBER IF YOU HAVEN’T ACTUALLY SET UP A CANCEL DATE! THEY WILL NOT SPEAK TO YOU WITHOUT A CANCELLATION IN PLACE.

ACTUALLY READING PREVIOUS POSTS WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT DEALS ARE AVAILABLE.

>>>Please share your results so other members can be better informed and know what to expect in terms of deals from Rogers
(indicate if pricing includes tax)<<<

ONE MORE THING, THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT IS THERE TO SOLVE CUSTOMERS ISSUES WITH PROBLEMS DUE TO MISINFORMATION OR ERRORS BY CSR'S, NOT TO PROVIDE DEALS TO ALL CALLERS.

*CAPS ON BECAUSE THIS NEEDS TO BE LOUD!
Barbatos2021 wrote: Currently paying $82.99 promotional price for 1GBPS with Rogers.
Anyone from Rogers and Bell can PM me a better deal? No bundles please.
Like they can hear you :(.
Mar 17, 2016
1 posts
New Customer

Looking for internet only deal.
Postal code: M1B
Current planup to end of May 2021
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
yydd4567 wrote: Received a lot of DMs regarding Bell. This is appreciated - but a huge turn off on these Bell deals is that the TV portion is a two year contract. There is a $75 cancellation fee. There are other fees as well. Not sure if you're getting the greatest deal with Bell either.
Thanks for sharing your experience. Contrary to popular belief, Rogers reps are not reaching out. If you are looking for Rogers new customer deals, contact Mike yourself.
Looks like Bell reps have taken it upon themselves to poach Rogers customers from this thread.
rogers-cable-retentions-new-customers-d ... #p34384190

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

saru88, jadoogar, greygables