Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Nov 1, 2006
97 posts
27 upvotes
Toronto
Tominator92 wrote: There was a Bell guy here about 2 months ago in Durham region as well. Told him I had 9 months left on my plan but to call Rogers and tell them he was there offering a deal and he said to use his name as they are loosing business due to him. His name is Sean Wilson operating out of the Don Mills office. Going to call Rogers and bark at them for increasing my rates this month, use his name and see what happens. Will let you know.
Wonder if Sean Wilson has any current deals from Bell ?
Lol
May 16, 2016
130 posts
48 upvotes
Just canceled mine. Was on the 99.99 gigabit/Extra+TMN/HBO package for the last 3 years.
They didn't even give me an offer when I canceled, the guy said the best he could offer me was $160/m for a lesser package so he didn't even make an attempt.

I did have an "exclusive offer" which they sent out to most people with an expiring deal (My parents received the same type offer). Sadly it was a pretty deceptive offer as it was for the same services for about $15/m more which was not terrible. $115/m for what i was receiving would have been ok. But it did not include any equipment rentals. So it was 115 +25 for 4k box +18 for Nextbox + 8 for modem so total was $166/m plus tax. No thanks.
Mar 20, 2017
9 posts
Just had a horror story with Bell, not going to burn you guys with it. Called in Rogers line (Toronto) and they offered me the following:

-Ignite Premiere TV (3 boxes)
-Free HBO and Crave for 1 year.
-Ignite Gigabit Internet
-Deluxe Home Phone w/ 6 Features and Unlimited NA wide.
-Installation $149.99 waived with a $150 bill credit.
-$150 Pre-paid MasterCard
-Free 3 Camera Home Monitor for 2 years as long as I have the previous 3 services.

No contract, price is guaranteed for 1 year. Total cost is $149.99/month + taxes.

Good luck guys, I’m happy with this. Good for another year.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
12513 posts
2024 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Gregore wrote: But it did not include any equipment rentals. So it was 115 +25 for 4k box +18 for Nextbox + 8 for modem so total was $166/m plus tax. No thanks.
This is why with the best deals in late november/december period always make sure your deals expire then. Even if your deals dont expire then you can renegotiate ANY TIME. Break the current term and re-sign in xmas season. As long as the term of the new promo is the same length ur good to go. For example 1 yr to 1 yr or 2 to 2, etc. Luckily I own 3 boxes.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
May 8, 2019
9 posts
Idontdomornings wrote: Wonder if Sean Wilson has any current deals from Bell ?
Lol
He did have deals from Bell & depending on what deal was taken, may even eat cancellation fees!!!
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2010
3356 posts
766 upvotes
A couple weeks ago I cancelled my services for end of May, still no winback call.. do they usually wait until closer to the cancellation date? I feel like last time I played this game (5+ years ago) they called a few days after I cancelled.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2007
1937 posts
2000 upvotes
Toronto
hvc wrote: A couple weeks ago I cancelled my services for end of May, still no winback call.. do they usually wait until closer to the cancellation date? I feel like last time I played this game (5+ years ago) they called a few days after I cancelled.
Id like to know too as I'll be cancelling in late June, they just tried to offer me about $60 higher than what im paying now....

and they are trying hard to push ignite....
Jul 17, 2018
372 posts
115 upvotes
Just call winback after you cancel. Give them your account number.
May 16, 2018
75 posts
7 upvotes
Had a chat with Roger's Facebook Chat. I'm currently on the $25 500u promotion which ends at the end of June. Was initially offered $50 plus HST but was able to haggle them down to $35+HST. Has anyone been able to renew their $25 500U promotion?
Sep 26, 2009
136 posts
17 upvotes
Iamashill wrote: Just call winback after you cancel. Give them your account number.
Do you (or anyone else) have the current winback telephone number? The number listed in the thread tags is not functional. (I cancelled last week with a cancellation date set for next week, have heard nothing back yet from Rogers)
Aug 20, 2010
205 posts
48 upvotes
Can someone please PM me a number for a rep in the Brampton area. Thx
Jul 19, 2016
236 posts
91 upvotes
Ontario
Iamashill wrote: Just went through the song and dance with cancellations and then the winback team for a friend. Originally told he could get Ignite TV with Phone and Ignite 150u for $150 + tax by Rogers Social Media Team but still not good enough,

Friend was paying $225 for Popular, Ignite 75u (500GB cap) and Home Phone with North American LD.

Managed to get him,
- Ignite 300u
- Home Phone + North American LD
- HBO
- Crave TV
$107 + tax.

The winback advisor said they don't have any Ignite TV offerings.

My $35 Ignite Gigabit offer ends this month. Pop up on My Rogers says I can have it for $54. Still, too steep in my opinion. Gonna call cancellations and ask. If not, I'll do the song and dance with Winback to see what they can give me.
What winback # did you call??
Jul 17, 2018
372 posts
115 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote: What winback # did you call??
1-866-600-9112.

ONLY call this number if you have CANCELLED your service. This is NOT a retentions number. If your account is not marked as cancelled or to be cancelled on a specific date, they won't speak to you.

Ignite TV offerings by Winback is based upon your postal code. If no offers exist in your area, you will only be able to get deals on traditional services.

Do not mention RFD. If you know of other deals from other providers, you can reference them.
Jul 19, 2016
236 posts
91 upvotes
Ontario
Iamashill wrote: 1-866-600-9112.

ONLY call this number if you have CANCELLED your service. This is not a retentions number. If your account is not marked as cancelled or to be cancelled on a specific date, they won't speak to you.

Ignite TV offerings by Winback is based upon your postal code. If no offers exist in your area, you will only be able to get deals on traditional services.
Thanks.
Yah.... just placed a cancellation for end of the month. Let's see I get the email or not. :)
Jul 17, 2018
372 posts
115 upvotes
sunstar1980 wrote: Thanks.
Yah.... just placed a cancellation for end of the month. Let's see I get the email or not. :)
I cancelled same day, called them and told them I had received an email even though I hadn't. Your customer reference number is your account number. Usually you get the email the next day but I was impatient.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 5 guests)

christianfigo, billsmith