Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (2019) *READ THREAD SUMMARY*

Sep 5, 2019
1 posts
Have tried to get a new customer deal from rogers (Ignite tv and internet). Is there a rep in Maple (L6A postal code)
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7801 posts
207 upvotes
helped a friend get:
Premier TV
300u Internet
Landline Phone
super Chinese package
1 box

$155.xx tax in
Apr 2, 2018
3 posts
Is there a rep for the Whitby area (L1P) that could pm me with some new customer pricing / offers.
Looking to switch from Bell Fibe potentially.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
2641 posts
698 upvotes
Vaughan
So I was able to get a great deal on non-ignite services via Twitter DMimg their @RogersHelps

Gigabit internet for $48/ month
Premier TV + Crave/HBO/Movies + 1x Nextbox PVR Rental for $90/month
$156 tax-in total
Discount for 12 months

$48 Gbit Internet was a standalone offer so it could be had on its own.
Dec 4, 2009
20 posts
2 upvotes
Woodstock
I'm on the $25 500 Mbps unlimited offer from Rogers. The price increased in March/April around $3. My plan expires in mid October.

I contacted Rogers via their online chat on their website.

I was offered the same service for $45 plus tax. As i pointed out to the agent when they repeatedly told me what a great offer this way, is that it is a 60% increase in price. What have they done to justify that kind of increase?

I'll settle at $35 for unlimited 500 Mbps otherwise I will set up cancellation.

Cheers
Jan 10, 2016
66 posts
15 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Hi
Would appreciate it if a rep can contact me for tv + internet deals in L6v area. Would like to get the premier TV + HBO/Movies with 1 Nextbox PVR rental and 500u internet.
Jul 22, 2016
18 posts
2 upvotes
Hi, any reps in Pickering here? Pls DM me for available internet and cable deals incl HBO and PVR. Thank you!
Oct 13, 2009
260 posts
57 upvotes
North York
cloakster wrote: So I was able to get a great deal on non-ignite services via Twitter DMimg their @RogersHelps

Gigabit internet for $48/ month
Premier TV + Crave/HBO/Movies + 1x Nextbox PVR Rental for $90/month
$156 tax-in total
Discount for 12 months

$48 Gbit Internet was a standalone offer so it could be had on its own.
Wow. I have been talking to a rep on twitter now since 9:12 am. They are willing to give me this for 190... I don't really watch cable anymore. Really only watch sports, CP24 and FX. I am close to just cutting the cord. Ridiculous having to jump through hoops for deals.
May 3, 2010
240 posts
33 upvotes
Got offered $112+tax for gigabit internet and popular tv package. Good deal?
Nov 25, 2015
5 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
I was on Rogers promotion with 500U plus Popular tv for $91.52 after tax.
Called in to cancel the services and subscribe to Internet only.
Was offered 500u for 38.99, politely declined and requested the price to be 29.99 just as others are getting it, in my condo. (But no go )
Tried several time through Phone, facebook messenger and live chat. Each time got a higher quote.
Finally cancelled today and moved to FibreStream 600 U. Was 45 plus taxes but they reduced the price to 25.99(after tax) for a year.
Wonderful to deal with and I couldn't be happier.
(Did not receive any call from Rogers Retention despite being, with them for several years )
May 27, 2019
45 posts
11 upvotes
GameChannel wrote: Got offered $112+tax for gigabit internet and popular tv package. Good deal?
Ya that is a pretty good deal. is it for the ignite tv or the digital?
Apr 4, 2017
611 posts
332 upvotes
For those who got a call back after cancelling services, how long did it take them to call back?
Apr 19, 2018
2 posts
FYI,
I dont think 500u for under $30 was ever available in my area in Kitchener, in a house, not a condo.
I was on a yearly 34.99 or something + tax deal for Ignite 60, because I used Carrytel offer as bargaining chip last year.
Yes, offers are mediocre now. I got a call mid-Aug offering Ignite 150 with a bunch of fluff for what ends up being $70, so I said no. Then the rep cut out extras they tried to bundle (some box for something I dont care? I just want basic modem in my basement and run my own router). I said no thanks ill call back after I review my alternatives.
Called CS number again, chose option 3 for Cancellation, they offered same deal right there, 150M, comes out to $50 and a few cents tax in. Decent I guess, I'm paying $6 extra for double the speed from previous. Speed doesn't matter much, I suppose I wont feel any difference for what I do.

The CanNet deal thread just started today, sounds hot, but I'm not sure of availability and i feel comfortable enough with Rogers reliable service we are getting, to risk switching.
May 3, 2010
240 posts
33 upvotes
MSP123 wrote: Ya that is a pretty good deal. is it for the ignite tv or the digital?
There's a difference? I am not whats ignite vs digital. I'm getting the nextbox pvr. Is that digital?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2004
6718 posts
276 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GameChannel wrote: There's a difference? I am not whats ignite vs digital. I'm getting the nextbox pvr. Is that digital?
'Digital' is the old-school system with the nextboxes, the separate phone modems, etc.

'Ignite TV' is the "modern" Comcast-powered IP-everything thing.

(Oh, and just to make it more confusing, 'Ignite Internet' exists on the old system)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)