Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (June 2016)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1316 posts
890 upvotes

[Rogers] Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (June 2016)

To be updated!
24428 replies
Aug 15, 2007
506 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
I think the Rogers HDPVR thread is the unofficial retentions thread...
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2852 posts
982 upvotes
Toronto
From experience. when calling into Rogers to get a deal or complain about a problem ALWAYS ask to speak to the "cancellations/customer retention" department.

Rogers has oodles of call centres across the country, many that will pretend to have all of the capacity to deal the way the customer retention department can. In short, they do not! I think some of the Rogers call centres that I dealt with before finding this out are/were outsourced.

It helps too whenever possible to be courteous. Good luck!
Jun 5, 2007
335 posts
14 upvotes
I've got your cable/internet deals, + I only pay $9.99 for a basic phone line (no features, no SAF) and I've got a free HDPVR till December.
danyo wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2009 3:59 pm
I was searching around for a good Rogers Cables Retentions thread but couldn't find one so I've decided to post the different offers I've been able to grab through retentions here.
Please add what you can get so I can update this with the hot offers people manage to get!

I called in saying Bell offered me a good deal on their Digital Extra package (I said they would give it to me for $45), and that I'd like to cancel all my Rogers services and move over to Bell for convenience. I got through to retentions this way. YMMV.

What I managed to get:
-$52 Digital VIP cable (20% discount, down from $64.99)
-$35 Rogers Extreme internet for 8 months (down from $59, student only)
-$6 discount on home phone services, free voice mail and call forwarding
-HD Box fees waived (thinking I should've asked for HD PVR)
-12 month contract

NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY (GTA):

-$35 Digital VIP cable
-Standard Box Rental
-Theme Pack (free for 3 months)
-12 month contract, $29 installation fee (after $20 waive credit)
** At Request: Can possibly also get you 3 months free Rogers Express internet, or 3 months of Rogers Extreme internet for $10.
Can only get this from Victor, who you could reach at (416) 823-4988.
Thanks to innacana for the original find
!
Jul 30, 2003
809 posts
42 upvotes

-$35 Digital VIP cable
-Standard Box Rental
** At Request: Can possibly also get you 3 months free Rogers Express internet, or 3 months of Rogers Extreme internet for $10.

Any way to get a free HD-PVR with this?
Where it say "-Standard Box Rental" is that free or you have to pay that?
If you already have Internet, can a credit be issued on your account or some other promo offered instead?
Can this be combined with the $300 HD-PVR BB purchase + $100 programming credit?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1316 posts
890 upvotes
Miguel wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2009 4:42 pm

-$35 Digital VIP cable
-Standard Box Rental

Any way to get a free HD-PVR with this?
Where it say "-Standard Box Rental" is that free or you have to pay that?
If you already have Internet, can a credit be issued on your account or some other promo offered instead?
Can this be combined with the $300 HD-PVR BB purchase + $100 programming credit?
No idea. I couldn't get the offer from Victor because I'm already an existing customer. You could probably try calling him to ask about it though, and then update us on what you can get. :)
I think the standard box rental is included in his offer, but don't quote me on that one.
Jun 3, 2006
735 posts
76 upvotes
Mississauga
danyo wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2009 3:59 pm

-$35 Digital VIP cable
-Standard Box Rental
!
would victor be able to provide a better deal if we bought a new box instead of rented?

someone get victor on RFD and answer some questions ;)
BerryPride :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1316 posts
890 upvotes
BerryPride wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2009 4:46 pm
would victor be able to provide this deal if we bought a new box instead of rented?
I would think so. I don't think that changes the offer in any way if you bought a box on the side. Call Victor though, I really don't know TOO much of what he can do exactly. Let us know what you can manage to get from Victor though!
Jul 30, 2003
809 posts
42 upvotes
BerryPride wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2009 4:46 pm
would victor be able to provide a better deal if we bought a new box instead of rented?

someone get victor on RFD and answer some questions ;)
I called, he's calling me back later. I'll update on what he offers.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
2798 posts
589 upvotes
Toronto
If I cancel the cable under my dads name for the home and then call in as a new customer and setup cable under my name for the home is that considered a new client/new installation??
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
2468 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
So to get to Victor do we just say, may I speak to Victor? What is his last name? And can we say we heard about his deals from RFD?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2009
1316 posts
890 upvotes
wmahmud wrote:
Sep 3rd, 2009 6:11 pm
If I cancel the cable under my dads name for the home and then call in as a new customer and setup cable under my name for the home is that considered a new client/new installation??
Not sure. You should ask him that and let us know if that works and I'll update accordingly.

And yea, when I called I just say I heard about him through RFD. Didn't work for me though cuz I was already an existing customer.

EDIT:
NOT GTA EXCLUSIVE!
STEVE and VICTOR both appear to offer their deals wherever Rogers is available. :)
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2434 posts
202 upvotes
Vancouver
The new customer deal isn't only for GTA. I'm in Ottawa and I called Victor and he was able to hook me up.
× < >