Page 1021 of 2796

Re: Roger's Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! (June 2016)

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 1:07 pm
by carmaster
I got:

Internet 250 $15 off
Cable $20 off
Free HD PVR
Home Phone with 3 features and NA Long distance $19.99

I want to get a better deal since I am paying $10 more per month and canceled my HD Specialty Package. So paying $20 more per month.

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 1:11 pm
by JonSnow
prosser9981 wrote: Just changed mine as well. Keep in mind there is no contract, but is a cancellation fee of $10/ month remaining in the 24 month period
So then it is a contract without using the word "contract". I got the 100U late Dec before Christmas @ $59.99 for 12 months "no contract or cancellation fee's", wouldn't mind bumping it to 24 months if I'm not force to pay a penalty upon cancellation. Can someone else confirm the $10/month penalty applies on the 24 month plan?

It includes Shomi and NHL and I get about 130mbps down with speed boost so no issues with that. Just make sure they install the correct modem, there are 3 types CGN3, CGN3AC and CGN3ACSMR. My installer installed the crappy CGN3 which has latency issues, but it was an easy swap at the Rogers store for the better CGN3ACSMR. If however you get CGN3ACSMR make sure it has FW 4.5.8.16, if not wait 48 hours to see if it gets pushed to the modem or call them to push it.

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 1:12 pm
by Euro2012
Bedboi wrote: I dont know what everyone is talking about in term of ambassador department but when i called in to cancel, ive spoke to retention department and they were trying to keep me. In doing so they were giving me some @$$ crack offers and asking where i am going to, how much im being charged blah blah blah. I didnt like their offers so i said put me down for cancellation.

Got a call from someone at rogers 10mins later and they tried to offer ignite 100 @ 79.99/m and in my head i was like WTF are they serious with this offer? So i said no.

Will be moving my services to bell @ #zara. Her offers is too good to pass up for the first year even with the $50 installation and $75 cancellation fee. Ive worked out my numbers and i will still be paying less than what i was initially paying with rogers. So we'll see what happens after the 1st yr. Fingers crossed hoping bell doesnt mess up my billing charges because for the last few years i was at rogers, never had to call in to rogers billing.
Agreed however I think her offer either expired already or expires today.

Got It

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 1:23 pm
by King Mob
Got this $84 less $25 with a 2 year commitment. With the Mar 1 rate increase coming, this is a good hedge. Also with this 2 year commitment I was able to get my PVR rental for free $18 value.. Already got my cable modem rental for free at sigh up last year.. Also I got them to tag on HBO free for 3 months.

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 2:05 pm
by HeyHowYaDoin
JonSnow wrote: So then it is a contract without using the word "contract". I got the 100U late Dec before Christmas @ $59.99 for 12 months "no contract or cancellation fee's", wouldn't mind bumping it to 24 months if I'm not force to pay a penalty upon cancellation. Can someone else confirm the $10/month penalty applies on the 24 month plan?

It includes Shomi and NHL and I get about 130mbps down with speed boost so no issues with that. Just make sure they install the correct modem, there are 3 types CGN3, CGN3AC and CGN3ACSMR. My installer installed the crappy CGN3 which has latency issues, but it was an easy swap at the Rogers store for the better CGN3ACSMR. If however you get CGN3ACSMR make sure it has FW 4.5.8.16, if not wait 48 hours to see if it gets pushed to the modem or call them to push it.

Yeah there is a penalty- not sure if it is $10/month though. I know on a contract the penalty for this is $100/year remaining. So in this instance the contract is actually cheaper if you plan to cancel a year in.

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 2:09 pm
by pistoche
krnmeraiya wrote: I am not existing customer of rogers but i want rogers connection from 1st march..now i can see this 59 ignite 100u plan on their website..but unfortunately they will give that plan for 3 months and it will increase to 84.99 after 3 months..so is it possible to retain after 3 months this plan for 59.99?
if not i want to know which other provider should i go with..in my building bell is not providing more thn 5 mbps..so i have to be with rogers only..which other service providers using rogers network?means infrastructure?thanks
Call rogers and try to get the 59.99 for 2 years (you should be able to get it even as a new customer). It might take a few tries but you should be able to get it. If one rep doesn't give it, politely end the call and try again.
NewToEverything wrote: I'm an existing customer and I'm paying close to 200 for high speed express which is now outdated and it only 25/5. My internet has been spotty lately and looking for an upgrade but also looking to pay less. Should I call ambassador or threatened to leave and wait for a call back? What are my options?
You need to have a pending cancellation to talk to the Ambassador Department, try to get the 59.99 deal from them when you speak with them.

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 4:10 pm
by weedb0y
JonSnow wrote: So then it is a contract without using the word "contract". I got the 100U late Dec before Christmas @ $59.99 for 12 months "no contract or cancellation fee's", wouldn't mind bumping it to 24 months if I'm not force to pay a penalty upon cancellation. Can someone else confirm the $10/month penalty applies on the 24 month plan?

What specifically did you complain about to get the AC upgrade. I think I have the crappy one where the interface even goes unresponsive (but everything remains operational) and requires a reboot every month or so.

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 4:13 pm
by blurx
So new customers doesn't get this deal? :(

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 4:17 pm
by specialoffers
blurx wrote: So new customers doesn't get this deal? :(
Try authorized dealer and you might get a good deal as a new customer.

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 5:00 pm
by willilumplump
desaib wrote: 100 MBPS Download
10 MBPS Upload
Unlimited Usage
Just curious... what part of 100/10 is unlimited?

EDIT: Oh wait, those are speeds, not limits. Silly me, I read that as volume. Never mind...

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 5:03 pm
by rainor94
willilumplump wrote: Just curious... what part of 100/10 is unlimited?
100 mbps down - Unlimited usage
10 mbps up - Unlimited usage

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 5:07 pm
by Dazed2014
100 download
10 upload
Unlimited ***
My question before I check out Rogers is there practices on throttling especially with streaming kodi etc..
Today's policy and over the next 2 years

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 5:09 pm
by mingyang
i jsut called
was only offered 15$ off - 2 yr term

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 5:44 pm
by NewToEverything
pistoche wrote: Call rogers and try to get the 59.99 for 2 years (you should be able to get it even as a new customer). It might take a few tries but you should be able to get it. If one rep doesn't give it, politely end the call and try again.

You need to have a pending cancellation to talk to the Ambassador Department, try to get the 59.99 deal from them when you speak with them.
What included with the 59.99 plan?

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 6:00 pm
by trayton
What is PIA?

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 6:00 pm
by mike229
had this plan since fall. Not sure when it expires but I think it's 2 years as well. This plan isn't so easy to get IMO

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 6:15 pm
by Compthis
pistoche wrote: Just for confirmation did the rep state FIBRE 60 (older name of package) or IGNITE 60 (newer internet packages)? (Fibre 60 used to be 120 GB cap, Ingite 60 is 200 GB cap, and Ignite 30 is 125 GB cap). It seems that what you got is a combination of the 3 (assuming no misinterpretation of what was said), if data caps and speeds can be mixed and matched, that would offer some intriguing options of Ignite/Fibre 30 or 60 with unlimited cap. Also did the rep give you a breakdown of the discounts and how the $109 value was arrived at?

Did the rep ask how you got the number? What did you say?

One last question: Originally was it an immediate cancellation you put in or a pending cancellation for a future date? Thanks in advance.

So apparently the battle wasn't over. I actually called back to find out I was being double charged for 1/2 a month and reactivation charge of $14.95+tax. I also found out they turned my Fiber 60 into ignite 30. I guess because fibre 60 was 120GB and ignite 30 is 125GB, the ambassador rep I talked felt it was ok to reduce me down because the data was relative. My biggest issue is speed as I only ever use up to 70GB. After being on the phone with the CSR and her manager for over an hour, I was able to get them to credit me my $50 for 1/2 month and activation charge and another $20 for good will and bump me up to ignite 60 for an additional charge of $10 but credit me the increase for two years. In two lump sums. One now and one in a year. Sounds good to me.

So I get
-Vip TV
-Ignite 60
For $97+tax.

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 6:29 pm
by jeeva86
I'm on a 100u contract for $75+tax. I know it sucks. Any luck in me getting it for $59? I failed last week.

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 7:11 pm
by aZian_
I only have one service with rogers after moving alot of my services out.

Basic TV plan with 20% off and Free PVR which all ended in December (Forgot to call in to renegotiate)

She offered me just $5 off with free PVR which worked out to be $5 more than what i was paying previously. I told her i'm considering moving all my services back to rogers, trying to figure out how much cancellation would be with acanac (Expires in May)

So instead, she credited me additional $5 until June, instead of putting me on a new TV contract that would lock me in and i wouldn't be able to bundle if I do decide to move my services over in May

But I asked her what she could offer me now if i was able to get out of it

Home phone w/ 6 features including north america long distance ($19.99)
Tv (same plan now, basic with PVR) ($37.5 - $20 +2.99 digital fees)
Internet - 100u plan ($69.99)

Total worked out to be $124.82 w/ tax (not sure what additional fees thats in there) locked in for 24 months and she'll waive the installation fees.

Thoughts?

Side note i'm a 20+ year rogers customer

Posted: Feb 21st, 2016 9:51 pm
by Euro2012
Euro2012 wrote: Agreed however I think her offer either expired already or expires today.
Apparently its extended until Friday or Saturday