Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
marksmithy69 wrote: Hi everyone. I am new to this particular thread, so I haven't had a chance to read through much. I called Rogers to cancel my VIP cable package, and retentions offered these 2 deals. I was wondering what everyone thought:

VIP Cable - $63.26 a month for 12 months with no contract or:
Digital Plus Cable - $52.18 a month for 12 months with no contract.

Seems like a decent deal. Much better than what I had. Are there better tv deals out there? Thanks.
Hi, for the VIP deal at $63.26, can you tell me if that includes HST? Also, did they give you a no charge PVR?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
kulb wrote: Are there any deals for new internet customers? Who should I contact to find out? There used to be some contact details in the OP but now it's all gone. Why?
package available at the moment for new customers:

- Basic Cable (HD PVR)
- 100u Internet
- Basic Home Phone (930 international long distance minutes)

$110/month + tax (2 years)
Dec 25, 2006
781 posts
790 upvotes
Ottawa
The_Professor wrote: Hi, for the VIP deal at $63.26, can you tell me if that includes HST? Also, did they give you a no charge PVR?
I bit the bullet and ordered the VIP package last night. The $63.26 price includes all taxes and a PVR. Decent deal.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
Who do I contact for new internet deals? The OP is blank.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
tormike wrote: It is more cost effective to send everyone the admail rather than remove the ones who have the producct
Sorry, I don't see the logic and cost savings in doing this. Are you joking, and if not, care to explain? As I understand it, filtering out existing customers should be fairly simple and will realize greater savings.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2015
1165 posts
690 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Why would they want to filter out existing customers?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2008
8312 posts
1901 upvotes
Ontario
Britex wrote: Sorry, I don't see the logic and cost savings in doing this. Are you joking, and if not, care to explain? As I understand it, filtering out existing customers should be fairly simple and will realize greater savings.
He's saying when they send mail to Canada Post for delivery, it takes more work and effort (which COSTS something) to filter out people who have a more competitive offer. There is even utility sending to existing customers as people do jump on promos as existing customers all the time. You have to realize these mailers cost fractions of a penny per person for these large mailers. Makes no sense to filter out anything. That's why they call them MASS mailers. :)
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
3000 posts
2243 upvotes
GTA
onlineharvest wrote: He's saying when they send mail to Canada Post for delivery, it takes more work and effort (which COSTS something) to filter out people who have a more competitive offer. There is even utility sending to existing customers as people do jump on promos as existing customers all the time. You have to realize these mailers cost fractions of a penny per person for these large mailers. Makes no sense to filter out anything. That's why they call them MASS mailers. :)
Ah, gotcha. I guess from my perspective 1) Filtering should be fairly simple. 2) I'm looking at costs like it would for the normal person. Considering how screwed up their system is, and if it costs them pennies per person, I guess it might actually be less costly to blindly mail.
Jul 4, 2007
334 posts
61 upvotes
Sorry, I went a few pages back, is the 67.99 prices for 100u with or without tax?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2429 posts
403 upvotes
soty_614 wrote: Sorry, I went a few pages back, is the 67.99 prices for 100u with or without tax?
Without.
Oct 30, 2007
206 posts
20 upvotes
Toronto
this is EXACTLY the deal i just got, except i for 2 PVRs and 1 HD box. Just spoke with them and confirmed the deal 2 days ago. took many phone calls to make it happen. I have been a rogers customer since 2009 and all i had to do was threaten that i was leaving for Bell. they gave me a first offer, i said no way, then the guy said "i'm just going to give you my final offer now, i can't do better than this"

that price i got is taxes in. i think removing home phone took $24 off or something.

i'm not sure it's THE BEST BADDEST deal i could have gotten, but i'm saving about $55 per month (granted i removed the TMN package, but still, saved something)
radar2000 wrote: My 50% 100u internet package and 30% off VIP Cable is set to expire.

I was offered 184 tax in for:

- Internet 100u, includes modem
- Digital VIP Cable + PVR + HD Box
- Home Phone + North America + 3 features

Thoughts if this is a good price?

Cheers!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2007
5522 posts
3051 upvotes
GTA
Are there any deals to be had for 60U internet? Everyone seems to be opting for the 100U but I don't need that. I thought I read here that they will do $20 off, but I can't seem to find that post. Any info would be appreciated.
Jan 4, 2015
275 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
The_Professor wrote: Are there any deals to be had for 60U internet? Everyone seems to be opting for the 100U but I don't need that. I thought I read here that they will do $20 off, but I can't seem to find that post. Any info would be appreciated.
I'm in the same boat. 100u unlimited for 67.99 and no contract isn't bad, but I'm wondering if there is a deal for 60u with at least 300GB usage and no contract.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
1247 posts
429 upvotes
matrixca77 wrote: I'm in the same boat. 100u unlimited for 67.99 and no contract isn't bad, but I'm wondering if there is a deal for 60u with at least 300GB usage and no contract.
No, its 60 with 200gb of usage and its 55+tax, 10 less than 100 with unlimited. At least thats what I got after battling with them for a month, it was consistently the answer given to me as to what their best promo is. I settled for the 100 in the end, as they would not increase the usage or price on the 60mb line.
Jan 4, 2015
275 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto
Gogi wrote: No, its 60 with 200gb of usage and its 55+tax, 10 less than 100 with unlimited. At least thats what I got after battling with them for a month, it was consistently the answer given to me as to what their best promo is. I settled for the 100 in the end, as they would not increase the usage or price on the 60mb line.
Thanks for sharing. You saved me a lot of phone calls and negotiations. I called Bell and they offered me Fibe 50 unlimited no contract , 12 months price protected for $65.99, but I guess I can pay $2 more and get Rogers 100u for 12 months
Banned
Jun 20, 2016
12 posts
matrixca77 wrote: Thanks for sharing. You saved me a lot of phone calls and negotiations. I called Bell and they offered me Fibe 50 unlimited no contract , 12 months price protected for $65.99, but I guess I can pay $2 more and get Rogers 100u for 12 months
Personally, I would get the Bell Promo. I have been on Bell's 25/10 for 2 years no problems at all. And now they offer me 50/10 for better price. When I had Roger's I had nothing but issues, and had wifi disconnect on me numerous times.
Jun 24, 2016
2 posts
1 upvote
Hi all. My first post so I hope it goes right.
My rogers discounts are up to discount. I called then and they are not willing to renew at the same level. I will call again but any suggestion would be appreciated.
This is what I have (tax in) in my last bill. The killer is the cable I guess... Thanks for any suggestion.

Internet 100u $44.7
VIP Cable $81.34
Home $1.26 (error..ussually $12)
Wireless 1 $27.73
Wireless 2 $27.73
total $182.81
Jun 24, 2016
1 posts
I dont know if someone can use this as a basis but i spoke to rogers a little while ago and i was like how my prices are ridiculous now because of some promotions that i had that were now expired...so retention offered me

100u internet
Home phone with 6 features and canada wide long distance
Basic cable with 2 sets of extra international packages..he said this was like 18 dollars after promo i think its normall 25
2 hd boxes and pvr

For 142 taxes in on a 2 year...i thought it was a good deal but i called.my buddy since he had rogers he said he has vip package for cable but no international packages and he has 5 or 6 hd boxes and he pays 150sh taxes in..everuthing else being the same

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

CosplayKing, jadoogar, turbodiesel