Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
chadw01 wrote:
matrixca77 wrote:
chadw01 wrote: So what is the current deal going on right now?

100u for $69.99/month until Aug 31st?

Any existing customers been able to get better than this recently?
Without contract the best internet deal is Ignite 100 unlimited student plan for $65 ($60 through retention) for 12 months. $69.99 ($60 or $65 through retention) for 2 years with contract.
thanks

and if you're not a student lol?
Student Deals are for everyone now.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
tvaddicto wrote:

Got the 100u for $59.99 +tax on a two yr contract last week through retentions.

To add; existing customer and they waived any related fees.
that sounds pretty good actually

does that include the modem to keep or is it a rental which they waive each month?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
jamzbe wrote:
tvaddicto wrote:

Just got off the phone with Rogers and they said that promo ended Aug 11. I'll have to check in again next month.
i read somewhere here that next month the prices are supposed to go up 15% so better to lock in before then - true?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3892 posts
3909 upvotes
GTA
30 mbps Internet $40 300 GB
As a new customer, how do I go about ordering this? It would be the only service at my cottage, where i've confirmed Rogers is available. I am not a student FWIW, but it doesn't sound like that matters anymore?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
2091 posts
2413 upvotes
Toronto
I just re-upped my 250 GB unlimited for 2 years @$75 per month. couldn't get them down to the $57 I was paying but I'll take it for now. Still not bad. Go straight to retentions folks. The other reps are useless and are pushing people towards slightly marked down bundles instead. Zero wiggle room
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
SwaunyJones wrote: I just re-upped my 250 GB unlimited for 2 years @$75 per month. couldn't get them down to the $57 I was paying but I'll take it for now. Still not bad. Go straight to retentions folks. The other reps are useless and are pushing people towards slightly marked down bundles instead. Zero wiggle room
Great deal, good stuff!

Locked in for 2 years with this pricing is amazing considering the student deals are only for 12 months.
Aug 23, 2015
228 posts
134 upvotes
GTA
chadw01 wrote:
tvaddicto wrote:

does that include the modem to keep or is it a rental which they waive each month?
Always had the rental. Upgraded it for the 100u at their store with this change. All their plans include the cost of modem rental except the 5mbps one (their lowest package).
The large print giveth, the small print taketh away
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
tvaddicto wrote:
chadw01 wrote:
tvaddicto wrote:

Always had the rental. Upgraded it for the 100u at their store with this change. All their plans include the cost of modem rental except the 5mbps one (their lowest package).
100u and above include the Rocket modem. Anything below will have the basic modem, just an FYI.
Oct 20, 2011
235 posts
190 upvotes
Oshawa
tvaddicto wrote:

They wouldn't give me that deal. I'm existing and the best he said was 69.99 +tax on 2 year and wanted to include my phone and cable in the contract even though they currently are not in that contract. Note: I was speaking with retentions.
Aug 5, 2009
96 posts
Markham
do they still outsource for some other department to call you back if you cancel the service and provide with 50% discount?
Sep 30, 2009
22 posts
Brampton
I just signed on for two more years with the following:

Home Phone - 6 features, Unlimited NA Long Distance
Ignite 60 w/ Rocket Wifi Modem
VIP w/HBO + TMN - includes 1 Nextbox 3.0 and 1 HD Box
Shomi included

Works out to $162 + tax. I think I could have done better if I played harder ball, but I don't have the same time for this crap that I used to. When I cancelled last week, I was offered $182+tax and of course they said that was the best they could do. I got a different rep who magically found a way to make home phone $10 cheaper, and got "approval" to reduce my monthly bill by $10 more.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2370 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
Quick update for Internet deal:

NO more $60 for 100u! the retention lady told me the lowest she can do is $65 now, headquarter cut that $60 promotion short.
Sep 27, 2003
11124 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
spy cl wrote: Quick update for Internet deal:

NO more $60 for 100u! the retention lady told me the lowest she can do is $65 now, headquarter cut that $60 promotion short.
This mimics my experience. At this point, I'd do the 100u retention student deal for $60 12 months no term if it was still offered.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
2370 posts
717 upvotes
Toronto
WorldIRC wrote:

This mimics my experience. At this point, I'd do the 100u retention student deal for $60 12 months no term if it was still offered.
That is what I signed up, student plan but $5 extra a month.
Sep 27, 2003
11124 posts
3367 upvotes
Newmarket
spy cl wrote:
WorldIRC wrote:

That is what I signed up, student plan but $5 extra a month.
I was already offered $65.
RFD Forums Moderator
Mar 2, 2007
815 posts
1066 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
bombers408 wrote: do they still outsource for some other department to call you back if you cancel the service and provide with 50% discount?
50% discount has been gone for a while now as well as the winback department. It's back to retentions. What you see in these last few pages is what people are getting now.

1st rule of RFD! ➡We don't talk about RFD!
2nd rule of RFD! ➡READ the OP (Original Post), Thread Summary and the current part of thread!
Dec 21, 2011
321 posts
259 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
kumanzc wrote:
tvaddicto wrote:

They wouldn't give me that deal. I'm existing and the best he said was 69.99 +tax on 2 year and wanted to include my phone and cable in the contract even though they currently are not in that contract. Note: I was speaking with retentions.
Not a retention plan, advertised on the radio for all the general public.
Jul 1, 2009
711 posts
133 upvotes
Any promos for people looking to get home phone added on? I currently have the GB+VIP promo and 4 cell phones with them.
Best they could offer so far is $25/mo with ultd Canada wide + 3 features.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2006
5342 posts
2809 upvotes
Northside
ghost1001 wrote: Any promos for people looking to get home phone added on? I currently have the GB+VIP promo and 4 cell phones with them.
Best they could offer so far is $25/mo with ultd Canada wide + 3 features.
That's actually not bad of a deal.

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

Eddyvbm, circus_boi