Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Nov 17, 2003
520 posts
77 upvotes
Tolo wrote: My last year promo's expire next week (VIP+MOVIES+HDPVR+HDBOX+SDBOX, - also they gave me the old SDPVR to keep - 20% OFF on all products), so I called in and got (Canceled MPIX/MOVIES - didn't really use them) all boxes renewed for free, and internet for 30% off the Internet - for a one year commitment instead of 2. Basically same deal as last year except $15 a month cheaper for no movies and an actual 1 year commitment. I asked about overage insurance (what Bell offers) and the rep mentioned something is coming down the pipe soon.

Best advice - don't threaten - just ask - be civil - do your homework on the competition and remember you're talking to a human not the megacorp's evil owners......
Ok so after the latest deal I listed above was sent to me in a confirmation email - I noticed an error (started on the wrong day AND had a 2 year commitment on both services!) - resulted in my calling back in on Saturday. Spoke with a really nice retention rep to get it fixed and she stated that she could fix it and to hold - when she came back she told me that they had just got in new offers and basically my last year deal (VIP+MOVIES+25channel bonus?? + boxes) was available + 30% on Internet still! So I basically got an extension on my cable deal of last year AND 10% MORE off of last years net! I'll be paying $6 LESS than last year - CHA-CHING!!!
bpopman wrote: Can confirm new deal out there..

just got 1 year VIP, 1HD-PVR, 1 HD Box, + HD Pack..$59.97 tax in...also offered me $51.99 tax in w/o HD Spec. Pack

CSR-named Jesse said deal just showed up on Friday Oct 8/10
Sounds like what I just got + some!
Sep 6, 2005
966 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Called to cancel last week. Customer service calls back on Sat to bring out a new deal. I was offered 30% off for basic cable, and 1 year free HD PVR. My bill comes out to about the same as my previous contract (roughly $40).

My old bill is Fairchild (20% off), Basic cable (20%), and 1 year free hd pvr = $40.xx

My new bill is Fairchild (no d/c), basica cable (30%), and 1 year free hd pvr = $40.xx

Comes out to about the same, losing a few cents here and there.
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Jan 20, 2003
834 posts
178 upvotes
Does anybody know if Fairchild TV is included in the "Digital Basic" package in Thornhill?

When I called retention 2 wks ago and on Sunday, I was assured that Fairchild TV is included in the "Digital Basic" package, but now with the new package in place, there is no Fairchild TV, I ended up have to pay $18 more get Fairchild for my parents ... who should I complaint to?
Friendly reminder: Signature will be removed for rule violations: font size, colour, and personal sales
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2010
5386 posts
1040 upvotes
Toronto
mec9t8 wrote: Does anybody know if Fairchild TV is included in the "Digital Basic" package in Thornhill?

When I called retention 2 wks ago and on Sunday, I was assured that Fairchild TV is included in the "Digital Basic" package, but now with the new package in place, there is no Fairchild TV, I ended up have to pay $18 more get Fairchild for my parents ... who should I complaint to?

I don't have fairchild tv even though some of my room mates and friends want to watch some chinese drama :lol: . I thought it was included but its not.
---> Buy With Confidence! Over 80+ Feedback <---
Sep 19, 2010
568 posts
89 upvotes
Unionville, ON.
mec9t8 wrote: Does anybody know if Fairchild TV is included in the "Digital Basic" package in Thornhill?

There is a complaint process with quite a lengthy escalation procedure which, ultimately, ends up with a ombudsman independent of rogers, if it goes that far. See "Make A Complaint" in here
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus
Aug 27, 2008
457 posts
243 upvotes
montakute wrote: There is a complaint process with quite a lengthy escalation procedure which, ultimately, ends up with a ombudsman independent of rogers, if it goes that far. See "Make A Complaint" in here
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/contactus

LOL it won't go that far. Call back, state what was offered and what you accepted. If they refuse to honor it, ask to speak to a manager. If a manager refuses (unlikely), escalate it to the Office of the President. It is VERY unlikely that it will end up that far, but if need be then it is almost guaranteed to achieve the solution you want there.
Rogers Line #1 (iPhone 4 32GB): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited R2R Calls | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $37.50 + GRRF = $40.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Rogers Line #2 (Blackberry Bold 9700): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited Network Calls + LD | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $42.50 + GRRF = $45.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Sep 19, 2010
568 posts
89 upvotes
Unionville, ON.
Tuesday night I got similar deal to others above. Thanks guys!

30% off internet and 30% off VIP for 1 year with rent-free pvr and free HD Pack. I don't need an HD-PVR because I already own it, but it was free so I took it. I asked, can you waive either the digital access fee (only $3/month) or the modem rental fee (only $3 month) instead of giving me the HD-PVR ($25/month rental) but he said no. So, even if you want to trade $25 discount for $3 discount, you cannot. It is what it is.

I suspect these deals just depend on lucky timing, not your negotiating skills. Either the discount exists or it doesn't. For a month I got nowhere despite all efforts, then tonight it was there for the taking - all done in 5 minutes.
Sep 19, 2010
568 posts
89 upvotes
Unionville, ON.
^^ Addendum... although rogers didn't waive the $3 digital access fee, the 30% discount applies/reduces it to $2.09 .
Nov 26, 2003
101 posts
19 upvotes
montakute wrote:
I suspect these deals just depend on lucky timing, not your negotiating skills. Either the discount exists or it doesn't. For a month I got nowhere despite all efforts, then tonight it was there for the taking - all done in 5 minutes.
Totally agree with this statement..it went down the same way for me
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
bpopman wrote: Totally agree with this statement..it went down the same way for me

When I talked to a CSR a while ago, they said that you have to wait 3 months to re-apply the same discount, so I'm going oto wait 3 months, and if it doesn't work, bye bye rogers.
Mar 14, 2004
689 posts
8 upvotes
Markham
last chance for rogers, and still all they offered me was 20% off deal without PVR.

Cable guy is coming tomorrow to cut the Internet and cable. :mad:
I wanna be-leafs :mad: :cry:
Sep 10, 2006
83 posts
1 upvote
I just wanted to thank you guys who contribute to this thread. I just called in to Rogers and received the 30% off promo, free HDPVR (extended from my last promo).

Not the best deal out there I'm sure, but it made a big difference on my bill ( I was paying almost rack rate for VIP digital cable).

So thanks!
Sep 20, 2006
146 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Tolo wrote: Ok so after the latest deal I listed above was sent to me in a confirmation email - I noticed an error (started on the wrong day AND had a 2 year commitment on both services!) - resulted in my calling back in on Saturday. Spoke with a really nice retention rep to get it fixed and she stated that she could fix it and to hold - when she came back she told me that they had just got in new offers and basically my last year deal (VIP+MOVIES+25channel bonus?? + boxes) was available + 30% on Internet still! So I basically got an extension on my cable deal of last year AND 10% MORE off of last years net! I'll be paying $6 LESS than last year - CHA-CHING!!!

Sounds like what I just got + some!

Hey Tolo thats a crazy deal, do you mind let us know how much your monthly bill with tax is since i want to get this deal for my parents!!!

Finally they are coming out with some deals with boxes again, it was rediculous with bell giving free hdpvr for 3 years.!!!!
Sep 19, 2010
568 posts
89 upvotes
Unionville, ON.
Tijuana wrote: When I talked to a CSR a while ago, they said that you have to wait 3 months to re-apply the same discount, so I'm going oto wait 3 months, and if it doesn't work, bye bye rogers.
Do you believe that is true? It appears some people in here have gotten their retention renewed or re-applied almost immediately. One of the moderators, "57", over at canada digital home forums posted that he calls and gets his rogers % retention discount renewed on an annual anniversary. However, no PVR is involved.

Try again now. Dont wait because this deal might be gone if you wait long. Maybe it's a slightly different discount code or something this time than yours was before.

Let us know what happens if you call and ask. Good luck.
Oct 17, 2009
131 posts
11 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Just got my 30% discount reapplied for my express internet for another year.
Dec 14, 2007
670 posts
824 upvotes
Just got vip package with free pvr rental for one year $52 taxes in.

Hard to believe my non-discounted rate was going to be $101!!!!
Jul 17, 2005
88 posts
2 upvotes
Mississauga
montakute wrote: I suspect these deals just depend on lucky timing, not your negotiating skills. Either the discount exists or it doesn't. For a month I got nowhere despite all efforts, then tonight it was there for the taking - all done in 5 minutes.

+1.
I tried quite a few times with no luck so finally canceled it last week. Today no problem.
montakute wrote: 30% off internet and 30% off VIP for 1 year with rent-free pvr and free HD Pack. I don't need an HD-PVR because I already own it, but it was free so I took it. I asked, can you waive either the digital access fee (only $3/month) or the modem rental fee (only $3 month) instead of giving me the HD-PVR ($25/month rental) but he said no. So, even if you want to trade $25 discount for $3 discount, you cannot. It is what it is.
Called and got VIP package 30% discount and free PVR rental. She would give me 20% on internet though. Well I had to decide it so took it. It is what it is.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12184 posts
5651 upvotes
Ottawa
I called Rogers and long story short, I will be paying $129.90 all in each month for the next 12 months for the following 4 services

1. VIP Cable with free HD-PVR Rental

2. Express Internet

3. Home phone with 1 feature

4. 3 Magazines
Aug 24, 2002
5 posts
Guelph
I just got off the phone with Rogers and can confirm that they have the 30% off cable & free HD PVR promotion going on now with a one year agreement.
There was no hassle to get this either. I had to be transferred to Retentions but then I just stated what I wanted and was offered the discount!
Nov 20, 2007
350 posts
18 upvotes
Am I the only one that had not been successful tonight with the new/old deal? I had put in a request to cancel my services two weeks ago. Tried calling in today to renegotiate but no cigar. Was again offered 1 year contract, 20% of internet/cable, no boxes. Was also given the option of 2 years, first year 30% cable/internet and second year 20% cable/internet. No boxes can be given on either deal. Being told again no promo with boxes, nothing can be overriden, its one or the other. No boxes. Guy seems legit. Said if they had it/if it was possible, he'd give it to me. He made an adjustment to something else no problem but the actual request no go. I am coming off the 3 month free for new customers promotion deal. Could that have something to do with it or am I just getting the wrong people? I escalated to a manager, waiting for a call back as one was not around (sure).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)