Ongoing Deal Discussion

Rogers

Rogers Cable Retentions & New Customers Deal Thread! - If new, read OP/thread summary

Feb 15, 2011
26 posts
1 upvote
Nonopeno wrote: I called yesterday (Tuesday) at 7pm at was surprised Steve picked up. Everything was setup within 15 minutes.. I was quite impressed of his knowledge with all the plans as well as the efficiency!

Installation will occur in 2 weeks, hope it all goes smoothly!
Do you mind posting what services and prices?
Nov 10, 2009
888 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I am in the same situation. Got winback offer last Friday(before long weekend). Upgraded from 100u to 250u. Was told 24-48 hours. Still NO actions. Already called them once. May be will call them again today.
mcg wrote: Question for you guys, anyone who struck a deal with winback, how long did it take for your services to come into effect?

I called Winback yesterday on the 19th, as my cancellation was set to go through on the 21st. I got my bill with partial charges to the 21st, but the cable and TV services have been removed from the account. There's also no indication of my 30% work order... just a note saying "the backoffice will make it come into effect within 24-48 hours"...

Any advice? Thanks!
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
yogiz wrote: I am in the same situation. Got winback offer last Friday(before long weekend). Upgraded from 100u to 250u. Was told 24-48 hours. Still NO actions. Already called them once. May be will call them again today.
I called again, they said it would be in effect by today, since my cancellation is tomorrow.

Let's see what happens.

An update... so looks like they "accidentally" cancelled my W45 and since it was put in for cancellation they are unable to revive it.

I'm pretty upset... was happy not having to call in to Rogers for 6 more years... but now, looks like the cable and internet yearly routine will have to keep going.

Was offered 100u ignite 50% off right off the bat, but I weaseled them to give me the 250u, considering the ***** up.

So cable for 50+tax, and internet for 47.50 plus tax.
Feb 22, 2015
25 posts
9 upvotes
Gloucester, ON
Currently on a retensions 30mb/3mb 300GB for $48+tax. Called retensions today, got 100mb/10mb/unlimited for 59.99+tax for 1 year.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
Doolie613 wrote: Currently on a retensions 30mb/3mb 300GB for $48+tax. Called retensions today, got 100mb/10mb/unlimited for 59.99+tax for 1 year.
You could have got 50% off making you pay less for more.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
mcg wrote: I called again, they said it would be in effect by today, since my cancellation is tomorrow.

Let's see what happens.

An update... so looks like they "accidentally" cancelled my W45 and since it was put in for cancellation they are unable to revive it.

I'm pretty upset... was happy not having to call in to Rogers for 6 more years... but now, looks like the cable and internet yearly routine will have to keep going.

Was offered 100u ignite 50% off right off the bat, but I weaseled them to give me the 250u, considering the ***** up.

So cable for 50+tax, and internet for 47.50 plus tax.
Pardon my French, but that's horse sh*t. Call customer service, explain calmly that your W45 was cancelled without your knowledge or authorization, that you've thought about the offer you accepted but don't feel right about it and ask to escalate the matter to the Office of the President. If the agent attempts to circumvent your request clearly state you're aware every call is recorded and you know full well you never provided verbal confirmation for the service to be cancelled. You'll be transferred to a manager (be sure to take down names and titles as you work up the chain) and he/she will ask you to repeat your story but again do so calmly. The manager will attempt to rectify the issue but be firm about asking to take the matter all the way up to the Office of the President to draw attention to the complete breakdown of service and honest practices in your situation. The manager will ask for the best number to reach you at and you can expect to hear back from an agent at the Office of the President within 1-2 business days. When you get the call you'll once again be asked to repeat the story, be as specific and factual as possible, then wait to hear what the agent says. If not told so, ask that the back office team reinstate W45 back onto your account backdated to the cancellation and politely inform the agent for the complete betrayal you feel as a result and the time/energy/anxiety spent on the issue you're expecting compensation. My best guess is a $150 goodwill credit in addition to W45 being returned to you.
Aug 24, 2014
27 posts
2 upvotes
NB
I guess the Steve number does not apply to New Brunswick? I called and I think Steve answered and I was given a different number because we have different deals here?

ETA: Didn't see where it say Toronto and surrounding areas. Ah well.
Aug 24, 2014
27 posts
2 upvotes
NB
Just got off the phone with Rogers (at this number: 888-764-3771) and was offered this:

Digital Basic Cable
100u Internet
Home phone (6 services, unlimited NA LD)

$105 without the PVR and $115 with. No mention of Shomi (no use for Center Ice).

Doesn't seem much better than what is offered on the site? I didn't commit to anything but I"m wondering if this as good as it gets?
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
100Pacer wrote: Pardon my French, but that's horse sh*t. Call customer service, explain calmly that your W45 was cancelled without your knowledge or authorization, that you've thought about the offer you accepted but don't feel right about it and ask to escalate the matter to the Office of the President. If the agent attempts to circumvent your request clearly state you're aware every call is recorded and you know full well you never provided verbal confirmation for the service to be cancelled. You'll be transferred to a manager (be sure to take down names and titles as you work up the chain) and he/she will ask you to repeat your story but again do so calmly. The manager will attempt to rectify the issue but be firm about asking to take the matter all the way up to the Office of the President to draw attention to the complete breakdown of service and honest practices in your situation. The manager will ask for the best number to reach you at and you can expect to hear back from an agent at the Office of the President within 1-2 business days. When you get the call you'll once again be asked to repeat the story, be as specific and factual as possible, then wait to hear what the agent says. If not told so, ask that the back office team reinstate W45 back onto your account backdated to the cancellation and politely inform the agent for the complete betrayal you feel as a result and the time/energy/anxiety spent on the issue you're expecting compensation. My best guess is a $150 goodwill credit in addition to W45 being returned to you.
Thanks for your encouragement, lol I really decided to lay off since they had the 50% off internet promo... and it was a good price for what we get these days.

But you are right - it is the principle that counts, and they definitely shouldn't have done that. I am too lax these days...

I had to escalate an issue with the OOP a few years back and they dealt with it very well. I think I will find time to do so again with this issue considering this promo cannot be added back on, they should have been extra careful.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
AngelaU669 wrote: Just got off the phone with Rogers (at this number: 888-764-3771) and was offered this:

Digital Basic Cable
100u Internet
Home phone (6 services, unlimited NA LD)

$105 without the PVR and $115 with. No mention of Shomi (no use for Center Ice).

Doesn't seem much better than what is offered on the site? I didn't commit to anything but I"m wondering if this as good as it gets?
Are you currently a Rogers customer?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
2724 posts
2297 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
mcg wrote: Thanks for your encouragement, lol I really decided to lay off since they had the 50% off internet promo... and it was a good price for what we get these days.

But you are right - it is the principle that counts, and they definitely shouldn't have done that. I am too lax these days...

I had to escalate an issue with the OOP a few years back and they dealt with it very well. I think I will find time to do so again with this issue considering this promo cannot be added back on, they should have been extra careful.
Anything and everything can be added back on by the back office team if deemed to be the appropriate course of action.
May 12, 2015
11 posts
Midland, ON
Hi everyone. Just went through Winback last night. Was a little worried as I hadn't heard from them in a week but they did call me. They tried first the 30% off internet first and I just said no I wanted the 50% like I got last year. Took about 1 hour but this is the deal I got:

For 1 Year - No contract
Rogers Ignite 100U - Unlimited = 50% - $42.49
Rogers Basic Cable - 20% - $32.39
Rogers Home Essential - just basic package - $9.99
Total with tax = $96.05

Happy with the internet deal and didn't push the 30% cable as we are going to cancel that in the next week (Going Cable Free! Finally!)
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1355 posts
1346 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Here's my latest Rogers saga:
-currently cable & Internet customer only(Ooma is our home phone, it is great)
-cancelled hybrid 60 Internet only a few weeks ago
-called retentions on my own a few days later, initially was offered 30% off 100u but I insisted on 50% which I got eventually
-on the same call tried to secure 30% off Digital Plus cable but the guy would not budge
-cancelled cable a few days later
-received a letter from Rogers VP marketing asking me to call loyalty department at 1-855-751-8527
-finally had a half hour free to call them today, quick call pickup, but the sales scripts take forever
Here is what I was able to get:
Digital Plus
Next box 3.0 continued rent to own 2.50
Standard HD box
TMN free for 1 year
6 free On demand movies valued up to 9.99 each
72.32/mos including taxes

I asked for Sunday Ticket but he said that wasn't in his offer screen. I am paying a few extra dollars vs. before but the movies make it a good deal.

Thanks for the knowledge shared on this thread. See you all in 12 months :)
Aug 8, 2013
58 posts
77 upvotes
London
Just cancelled my internet ( have internet/cable). Just wondering how long i need to wait before calling winback? Is a couple hours enough, or should i give it a day or two?
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2012
3526 posts
1871 upvotes
GTA
ScottS137 wrote: Just cancelled my internet ( have internet/cable). Just wondering how long i need to wait before calling winback? Is a couple hours enough, or should i give it a day or two?
Call tomorrow.
I love RFD! :)
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
I jsut cancelled 2/3 services with rogers. Should I wait for a call from winback or wait a couple days and call them myself?

and lady over the phone told me I have 5 days to return my pvr/modem or else they will charge me? True?
Jul 25, 2009
12 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Nonopeno wrote: I called yesterday (Tuesday) at 7pm at was surprised Steve picked up. Everything was setup within 15 minutes.. I was quite impressed of his knowledge with all the plans as well as the efficiency!

Installation will occur in 2 weeks, hope it all goes smoothly!
Interesting...called Steve on Friday and was told still no deals in the pipeline and to call back next week. What kind of plan did you get?
Aug 4, 2004
780 posts
61 upvotes
Micha2k wrote: Interesting...called Steve on Friday and was told still no deals in the pipeline and to call back next week. What kind of plan did you get?
I signed up for the Ignite 100 for $60 a month

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)