Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
1714 posts
201 upvotes

[Rogers Wireless] Cell Phone Cases 50% off

Savings:
50% off
More offers from Rogers Wireless
I was at Rogers store yesterday at Shoppers World in Brampton, most of their cell phone cases were 50% off.

I picked up a Samsung Note 4 S View case for $25 + tax, in this case it was not clearly marked at 50% off but it rang up as 50% off and sales clerk was aware of the price. They had 3-4 black S view cases left after I purchased.

I would suggest calling them to see if the case you want is on sale and/or call the Rogers store closest to you to see if they have the same sale.
46 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
39917 posts
5973 upvotes
King City
IIRC this has been an ongoing thing at Rogers stores. iPhone, Android, BB accessories being 50% off.
Proud to be an Indian.
Mar 5, 2013
4997 posts
1096 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
Not only Samsung I got LG G3 spigen @ 50%.

Freedom Mobile

Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11620 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
LMAO @ people buying phone cases locally. Every case is available on eBay for 1/5 the price at most if you're willing to use a Chinese knockoff.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1945 posts
909 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote: LMAO @ people buying phone cases locally. Every case is available on eBay for 1/5 the price at most if you're willing to use a Chinese knockoff.
why *LMAO* to ppl who get the cases in rogers store? we like OEM fitments and authentic cases for best protection and IT IS more stylish than the chinese knockoff ones, dont expect everyone has the same standard as you.
Aug 23, 2005
758 posts
19 upvotes
CAn OP change the title to show "ROGERS STORE" ???
-

-
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11620 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
woolo wrote: why *LMAO* to ppl who get the cases in rogers store? we like OEM fitments and authentic cases for best protection and IT IS more stylish than the chinese knockoff ones, dont expect everyone has the same standard as you.
"OEM fitment"? It doesn't get any more "OEM fit" than Chinese cases. Those cases are designed based on mechanical samples and CAD design files straight from the factories that manufacture your phones. Are you speaking from experience? or are you just speculating because you think there is no way a $2 Chinese case can be as good as the $30 case from the Rogers store?

I've been using $1 eBay cases for all of my phones for the last 6+ years, and all of them fit 100%. All of my phones have been scratch-free and dent-free with daily use even though I've dropped each one multiple times by accident. This is my personal experience. Maybe you've had a different experience.

For example...
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-Shockproof-A ... wRTyW9WjFg
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PROTECTIVE-CASE- ... SwkNZUl55m

How much are you willing to bet that these two are 99% identical?
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1945 posts
909 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote: "OEM fitment"? It doesn't get any more "OEM fit" than Chinese cases. Those cases are designed based on mechanical samples and CAD design files straight from the factories that manufacture your phones. Are you speaking from experience? or are you just speculating because you think there is no way a $2 Chinese case can be as good as the $30 case from the Rogers store?

I've been using $1 eBay cases for all of my phones for the last 6+ years, and all of them fit 100%. All of my phones have been scratch-free and dent-free with daily use even though I've dropped each one multiple times by accident. This is my personal experience. Maybe you've had a different experience.
yeahhhh... RIGHT. the overall quality is just totally different. for example, the s-view cases for galaxy note series, some of the cases are just malfunction and not able to turn off the screen even tho u close the flip. and not to mention to lose the functionality of NFC.

you can stick with ur $2 bucks cases, that's FINE. but really... it is NOT NECESSARY to LMAO to others. we wont laugh at you for being so cheap out on a cellphone case either right? a device stick w/ you most of the time each day.

Enough said.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11620 posts
1300 upvotes
Toronto
woolo wrote: yeahhhh... RIGHT. the overall quality is just totally different. for example, the s-view cases for galaxy note series, some of the cases are just malfunction and not able to turn off the screen even tho u close the flip. and not to mention to lose the functionality of NFC.
The S-view case is just a case with a magnet inside. How would that possibly "malfunction"? I'm using a $3 flip case for my Galaxy Tab 4 8" and the cover turns off the screen just fine. It's just a magnet. It either works or it doesn't. It would never "malfunction".
woolo wrote: you can stick with ur $2 bucks cases, that's FINE. but really... it is NOT NECESSARY to LMAO to others. we wont laugh at you for being so cheap out on a cellphone case either right? a device stick w/ you most of the time each day.

Enough said.
This is a deal hunting site first and foremost. There is no need to laugh at me, whether you want to or not, for advocating $1 eBay phone cases.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
1714 posts
201 upvotes
board123 wrote: LMAO @ people buying phone cases locally. Every case is available on eBay for 1/5 the price at most if you're willing to use a Chinese knockoff.
Actually I bought a bunch of knock offs and non-oem cases on ebay and amazon in the past and must say nothing compares to the oem case. Personally I wouldn't buy the oem case at $50 but at half price its worth it.
Sep 21, 2001
980 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote: The S-view case is just a case with a magnet inside. How would that possibly "malfunction"? I'm using a $3 flip case for my Galaxy Tab 4 8" and the cover turns off the screen just fine. It's just a magnet. It either works or it doesn't. It would never "malfunction".

This is a deal hunting site first and foremost. There is no need to laugh at me, whether you want to or not, for advocating $1 eBay phone cases.
The S-View case is more than a case with a magnet. It requires a chip to get the s-view functions working properly. I am an advocate for $1-2 eBay cases because I cannot justify spending more than $10-15 on an OEM case even though the quality of OEM cases are better. But that's just me.
Apr 25, 2007
906 posts
62 upvotes
Markham
never using Chinese knockoffs again, if you're paying several hundred for a new phone, what's that additional 30-40 for a good case like UAG or OEM to protect it?
I don't have a signature right now, help me think of one? :)
Feb 27, 2008
991 posts
444 upvotes
Prince Edward County…
I've bought many dozens of cases over the last 16 years going back to cases for my "Pocket PC" lol!

And I can say without reservation: the very finest, highest quality cases were NOT OEM.

I like buying from Amazon, I read the reviews and you get a clear sense of fit and quality. FOsmon is one Amazon brand with great quality and prices.

And yes, probably twice the quality at half the price of what Rogers sells. That said, it's nice to be able to feel it and try a case before buying
Mar 15, 2009
591 posts
216 upvotes
Ontario
djemzine wrote: IIRC this has been an ongoing thing at Rogers stores. iPhone, Android, BB accessories being 50% off.
Is this throughout Ontario? Called my local store and I was told full price for iphone 6s.
Deal Addict
Mar 6, 2010
1945 posts
909 upvotes
Toronto
iamdman wrote: Actually I bought a bunch of knock offs and non-oem cases on ebay and amazon in the past and must say nothing compares to the oem case. Personally I wouldn't buy the oem case at $50 but at half price its worth it.
agreed. Thanks OP

i wont spend FULL price on OEM cases, the s view case for note 5 is asking for 69.99 @ bestbuy, that's rip off IMO.... when it comes to half price, it is still considered as overpriced, but oh well, take it or leave it right?

personally i go for spigen and case-mate... these are good brands and mark as a more reasonable pricing...