• Jul 6th, 2013 9:17 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 15, 2008
87 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton

Rogers Centre Seating

Thinking of buying tickets to a Jays game for next week or two but I am undecided on if I should buy tickets for a certain section due to fact that I'm buying tickets mostly so I can just sit in a seat closer.

The seat we're buying tickets for:
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/sn29ep.jpg[/IMG]

The seat we want to sit at:
[IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/2njlmxs.jpg[/IMG]

As you can tell from the picture. The first picture is 200 outfield seats and it is several rows up. The 2nd pic is 200 infield seats and it's front row. The sections are right beside each other too. So I'm wondering if I buy tickets for the seats in 1st picture and after 2-3 innings if nobody sits in those seats, would we be allowed to move down to closer seats in a more expensive section(like I said,it's the seats right beside the 1st picture,just several rows down), or will one of the security people either kick us out or just tell us to go back to our regular seats?
10 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6814 posts
581 upvotes
The only row the ushers care about is the 1st row. Assume that you won't be able to get into them. That being said, lots of first row seats are available to games, just use the ticketmaster view seat thing
Jan 15, 2008
87 posts
1 upvote
Hamilton
matdwyer wrote: The only row the ushers care about is the 1st row. Assume that you won't be able to get into them. That being said, lots of first row seats are available to games, just use the ticketmaster view seat thing
So what if we tried 2nd row(in the more expensive section), would Ushers care as much then? I used ticketmaster seat thing and I rarely ever find 1st row available, only times is when there's just 1 seat available randomly at places.

When I see games on TV, the section I wanna sit in is usually empty(unless attendance for the games are like 35,000+ people) so I'm hoping it'd be easy to sneak into the other seats
Feb 4, 2008
31 posts
1 upvote
In case you've been living in a cave, the chances of you seat hopping to different sections may be a lot tougher now seeing the Jays are on a serious tear right now and playing meaningful games. If they can come back from this next road trip even closer to 1st place or even extend this awesome win-streak I wouldn't be surprise if they start getting 40,000+ for each home game going forward.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
dx316dx316 wrote: In case you've been living in a cave, the chances of you seat hopping to different sections may be a lot tougher now seeing the Jays are on a serious tear right now and playing meaningful games. If they can come back from this next road trip even closer to 1st place or even extend this awesome win-streak I wouldn't be surprise if they start getting 40,000+ for each home game going forward.
Agreed. And the next home game is Canada Day - which has been always popular regardless if they were playing good or bad over the years. Expect large crowds.

I've seen people getting booted from seat hopping before by getting caught by both ushers and people who have tickets to those seats who arrive late; it's embarrassing in my opinion. Telltale sign of seat hoppers are folks who stand around looking for empty seats in the aisle, then move in and sit down. If you have legitimate seats you would know where to go right away and not look lost. ;) I've seen people report them on the spot and when they were ask to pony up their stubs they couldn't and were asked to leave.

So you take a risk doing this - I don't know if you get a fine or not. Maybe let us all know if you get caught! lol!
Deal Expert
May 17, 2008
15134 posts
160 upvotes
Having fan passes, I have snuck into better seats many many times.

For starters, if you plan on sneaking into better seats, just by a cheap seat in the 500s. Buying a 200 outfield seat doesn't make you any more entitled to that more expensive seat than if you have a seat in the 500's. Once you are inside, nobody stops you from walking between levels.

Ushers are not just concerned with the front rows. They will come ask you for your ticket if they think you don't belong there. Best practice is to always sit where there are lots of other people. If you sit where nobody else is, it is a dead giveaway. Also, sections with male ushers tend to be less picky than females.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 16, 2008
5608 posts
131 upvotes
It will be harder to sneak into seats now. Was there on Friday night's game, 35,000 in attendance. 45,000 on Saturday. The games will more packed. To be honest, decent seats aren't expensive. I sat 2nd row in the 100 outfield level, great seats, $30/ticket.
Kommander_KornFlakes wrote: I make more than what 95% of people in this site makes.
Try a six-figure salary that starts with a "3" (that would be annually)
Gloaming wrote: Seriously- I TRIED to ignore him. KKF is like herpes, you keep scratching in an attempt to get temporary relief, but two weeks later he comes raging back more annoying and infuriating as ever.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6814 posts
581 upvotes
The 1st row outfield and the 10th row outfield are the same price, just call up the jays box office and ask for any game in row 1. It's not that hard.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
2442 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
side question:

I am tryin to get a pair of 500 level tix for Canada Day game, I don't want to pay twice face value. You guys think there will be chance for me to get a pair off scalpers for less on the day of?

also buying tix second hand, how likely will they give me fake physical tickets?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2007
6814 posts
581 upvotes
bosoxfanx1 wrote: side question:

I am tryin to get a pair of 500 level tix for Canada Day game, I don't want to pay twice face value. You guys think there will be chance for me to get a pair off scalpers for less on the day of?

also buying tix second hand, how likely will they give me fake physical tickets?
i'll make you a deal, I'll give you tickets for free if you promise me that you'll go early enough to get the red jays hats and you give both to me - If you don't get the two hats you have to buy me two red ones, so go early enough to get them!!!

2 tickets, 529 row 14.
Jun 20, 2012
196 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
The online ticketmaster seat selector is great! You can choose w/e ticket you want, right down to the seat!