Page 196 of 382

Re: Rogers Corp 350 Plan (EXPIRED but post here to discuss this plan only)

Posted: Apr 11th, 2014 6:48 pm
by artofwar
I would give it a good few days/week before you decide to return your S5. a day or two is not enough to get used to a new phone OS.
jackass_ca wrote: I upgraded today. To the S5. It may be going back. I got too used to Apple. And too comfortable. Ugh. Anyhow they would not allow any 2 yr $60/month plan. Just the 3 yr at $50. $229 plus got the gear 2 watch for $50.

Posted: Apr 11th, 2014 7:15 pm
by jackass_ca
I had android before... and then went apple for 2.5 years... a lot of things I don't like, but most of my stuff here is Apple. My blood glucose monitor, iBGStar, ATV3, 2 ipads, etc etc. Plus countless docks through the house. May try one of the aftermarket adapters to see if it will work with my dock...
Not just the iOS though, anyone held this thing and try to use it? IT IS HUGE. The guy tried to sell me an otterbox at the point of purchase, but he showed me his S4 and it was ginormous with it on... can't imagine how large it would be on this. Of course, new iPhones are reportedly going to be close to this size now too.

Posted: Apr 11th, 2014 9:18 pm
by aamiic
Great deals!

Posted: Apr 11th, 2014 9:55 pm
by mackiee
What's the deal with the price hike in phones.
I was looking to change from Telus to Rogers and take advantage of the OCT discount and in the matter of weeks the price of the Note 3 went from $99 to $259 on a commitment.
Is there a reason for this jump?

Posted: Apr 11th, 2014 11:15 pm
by andriykoua
jackass_ca wrote: I upgraded today. To the S5. It may be going back. I got too used to Apple. And too comfortable. Ugh. Anyhow they would not allow any 2 yr $60/month plan. Just the 3 yr at $50. $229 plus got the gear 2 watch for $50.
I haven't played with S5 yet, but you should use it a bit more to get used to it. I think you would love it.

Posted: Apr 12th, 2014 3:11 pm
by funster
Could someone PM me the MSD code for Rogers? I work for the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities and can't seem to find or get this code anywhere? Help is appreciated!!!

Posted: Apr 12th, 2014 9:50 pm
by GC
I did the same thing as you. Android takes some getting used to, but I love the phone itself. The gear 2 watch is meh, I'll try flipping it for $100-150.

Edit: Also, if you're worried about the case making the phone too big, I picked up a Spigen case which is pretty slim.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/samsung/ga ... xy-s5.html

Posted: Apr 13th, 2014 1:38 pm
by tibriwalkaran
could you forward that to me? I am a teacher and can't seem to find the code either

Posted: Apr 13th, 2014 9:15 pm
by Braxton587
I just ordered a cellular-enabled iPad Air, and I have one of these Corp350 accounts with 6GB data for my iPhone with Rogers. Does anyone here already committed to Rogers with a Corp 350 plan have a good solution for maximizing the value of an LTE tablet plan? I guess the thing with the iPad plans is there are no terms or contracts to be locked into, so really there is no real reason to use Rogers at all unless they are the same price as Bell or Telus. The prices actually seem pretty bad for tablet plans. Obviously I realize I can use my phone as a hotspot for the free-solution. I just find it interesting that the "proper" paid solution is so expensive; I mean $5 for only 10MB is terrible, if you enable data it is definitely going to go over and you are looking at then $10 for 100MB. Then it is $20 for 500MB which is probably a good reason to stay under 100MB.

Posted: Apr 13th, 2014 9:21 pm
by sweetmist
Hi
Could someone PM me the MSD code for Ontario Public Sector Employees? I've tryed calling my HR department but they have no idea what I'm talking about. Thank you :)

Posted: Apr 14th, 2014 3:58 am
by scope1230
Could someone PM me the MSD code for BC Public Sector?

Posted: Apr 14th, 2014 9:43 am
by jackass_ca
Cech wrote: All phones on a 2 year contract, the Corp350 is $60. Phones on a 3 year contract, the Corp350 is $50.
I asked about this 2 year contract for $60 per month and they have never heard of being able to do that, first off, they lose $360 over the term, plus you get to HUP a year sooner. I will try again with another rep, but can anyone else confirm if they have this $60/month plan?

Posted: Apr 14th, 2014 2:30 pm
by Fate
Was just told this plan is going away as of the end of this week. I'm currently on mtm but will lock in if I have to to keep the plan. Can anyone confirm?

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 1:13 am
by Type_R_Nammer
Fate wrote: Was just told this plan is going away as of the end of this week. I'm currently on mtm but will lock in if I have to to keep the plan. Can anyone confirm?
I was talking with the corporate rep at my retail store and he confirmed with me that the $20 and $50 plans are going away at the end of the week.

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 9:28 am
by bennyboy84
Type_R_Nammer wrote: I was talking with the corporate rep at my retail store and he confirmed with me that the $20 and $50 plans are going away at the end of the week.
The local guy I called from our corporate program said that to me too. In early February. It was going away "in the next few days" and I needed to hurry and get it while it's still available... It's still there 2 months later.

I think it's safe to assume it will go away at some point this year as it's been around for close to a year now based on this thread's start date (and that it may well be replaced by something better OR worse) but whether it's this week or the next or in a month or 2... Dunno. I still think it's a salesman tactic. If you're ready to sign a new contract, go ahead. If not, there will be something else.

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 2:01 pm
by f1nir66
For the company I work for the plans are already taken away and been replaced.
$40 for 500 mb and if you go over 500 mb the price bumps up to $50 for Unlimited data with 10GB Fair usage.

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 2:39 pm
by andriykoua
Wow, plans look expensive. I have $50 voice and unlimited data and I am loving it

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 2:46 pm
by Kimmsey
For those of you with corporate $50 plans and 3 years, if my corporate website is saying $259 for the Samsung S5 and I know Telus is selling for $229, would I be able to get the Rogers corporate to price match for $229? Also, anyone know if Rogers has some deal for the Gear Fit, not the Neo?

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 7:09 pm
by Sturmur
Hey guys,

I'm with the military out in New Brunswick currently with Koodo and want to switch over to this. I tried reading through the thread and I'm unsure exactly how to get onto the $20 voice/$30 data plan. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks.

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 8:47 pm
by Cech
First off, there is no such thing as a corporate rep at a retail store.

Salesman are salesman, and they need to make a sale ASAP. Just like the car salesman who just happened to sell 2 cars that week, don't believe a thing they say.